Rams vs Bucs condense game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some thoughts:
- Gurley ran the ball much better than the stat line showed. So much ability to create positive yards out of nothing. Had he not pinwheeled, he'd have scored that TD easily & been a highlight run. Had some other nice runs too, but many just up the gut went nowhere. Really don't want him becoming SJax 2.0.
- BENNY!!! Kid has some nice wheels, good change of pace back. I see now what Fisher sees in him. His runs through center were very effective, the draw play was a killer play & he sped thru the hole lickety split.
- D tackling - what is with all the whiffs?? Rams players launching themselves into thin air as a Buc dodges him.
- Tavon looking pretty good, except the pop-up almost becoming an INT. But he was effective, the end-around was well done & went for a first down. Scored a TD after stopping on a dime & shedding that Buc, walked into the EZ, lol!!! Some of the passes Keenum threw him were off target, but when on target he usually caught them. His failed return out of the EZ on the last drive was a killer, but not sure if there was anything else he could do. Was Benny pulled, expecting the pooch kick??
- B Quick made a couple nice catches. He needed it. If we're all wrong about him, & he becomes an effective 1b WR... we might have something, kids.
- Nice work by Keenum to identify the safeties cheating up to the line, leaving a WR one-on-one - twice exploited it for 2 long TD throws. Future opponents will be hesitant to load the box like that again, or face a dagger downfield.
- Quinn's length is jaw-dropping, so much bending ability, that FF was a thing of beauty. He tried too many spin moves, though, most of those were ineffective, but pretty sure he was just gassed by the time I noticed them.
- Rams blitzing - most of them never got home. Many were easily picked up like the Bucs were expecting them or something. Pretty lame watching a DB blitz get picked up & the DB stand there looking stupidly at the RT.
- Zuerlein >>> Aguayo. What a wasted 2nd round pick. Had the bucs picked up another impact player, this game might have turned out different.
- Kotter > Boras, for now. Buc WR's & TE's were constantly open. But we had some pretty good plays too, hence, the scoreboard :D

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Thanks so much!.....if I can get the full game, I will put it up here.
I don't know if I can....so, thanks for this....now, I watch only the condensed version after I see the full game (the first viewing)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Thanks for posting the condensed games from Tlangland. It is a nice quick review.

Wilson's accuracy goes down with people in his face. He has talent but he doesn't look like a future great to me.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
"- D tackling - what is with all the whiffs?? Rams players launching themselves into thin air as a Buc dodges him."
After playing Seattle I expected this....and in fact, they usually spend all their 'emotional' bullets on divisional games....

By the way, being 2-1 is right where I expected us, and considering our offensive philosophy it is amazing we aren't 0-3...I watch 5-9 games a week from around the league, and it seems that we are decades behind every single offense I see. IT is really embarrassing. When Goff comes that may not change so much.....at least this year. 44th year watching the Rams, so I tarry on!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
" Rams blitzing - most of them never got home. Many were easily picked up like the Bucs were expecting them or something. Pretty lame watching a DB blitz get picked up & the DB stand there looking stupidly at the RT."

THe Bucs coach went against Williams's defense every day in practice when they were both on the Jags...maybe he prepared them well.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
"- D tackling - what is with all the whiffs?? Rams players launching themselves into thin air as a Buc dodges him."
After playing Seattle I expected this....and in fact, they usually spend all their 'emotional' bullets on divisional games....

By the way, being 2-1 is right where I expected us, and considering our offensive philosophy it is amazing we aren't 0-3...I watch 5-9 games a week from around the league, and it seems that we are decades behind every single offense I see. IT is really embarrassing. When Goff comes that may not change so much.....at least this year. 44th year watching the Rams, so I tarry on!

I've been watching more of other games too and the Rams unfortunately look a little 'amateur' in comparison. But, we're winning so I'm not going to moan too much ;-)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watch 5-9 games a week from around the league, and it seems that we are decades behind every single offense I see. IT is really embarrassing. When Goff comes that may not change so much.....at least this year. 44th year watching the Rams, so I tarry on!

I'm hanging onto the belief that the Rams look like they do because of the limitations case brings to the table. I imagine when goff starts and gets comfortable the offense is gonna look like the one sam ran in his last game with the Rams against the panthers. Man they looked dangerous that game and if it wasn't for drops, bonehead penalties and missed blocking assignments plus losing their cool the Rams would have won that game. I know, alot of ifs. But i believe the team is better now, much better.

So that's what I'm hanging onto so i can stomach the offense right now.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Just watched because I missed the first quarter (forgot to record while at church) :
  • Tavon was getting targeted big time in the first quarter- then kind of disappeared later.
  • It seems like the pass rush is overall ineffective. Our DBs must have covered well a few times, and Winston had all day, (including the last play) I realize our guys were tired and short handed, but come on! It was amazing he had nobody to throw to on that last play. Good hustle by Quinn.
  • Our O-line needs to get it together. Who is going to be the hero?
  • Benny is such a good player.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Thanks for posting!

Just a couple of thoughts:

I love Benny Cunningham. He is such a great team player. He could start for a lot of teams in this league.

How does Aaron Donald get put in a choke hold and no flag is thrown? I sometimes think the refs give offensive lines a little room for rule breaking against this defensive line.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks so much!!!!! Oh, Ed Hoc, I really love how he explains the penalties with a long winded version, similar to a grandparent reading a child a bedtime story. I just want to get my blankie and pillow and have him talk me to sleep.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I'm hanging onto the belief that the Rams look like they do because of the limitations case brings to the table. I imagine when goff starts and gets comfortable the offense is gonna look like the one sam ran in his last game with the Rams against the panthers. Man they looked dangerous that game and if it wasn't for drops, bonehead penalties and missed blocking assignments plus losing their cool the Rams would have won that game. I know, alot of ifs. But i believe the team is better now, much better.

So that's what I'm hanging onto so i can stomach the offense right now.

I hanged on to that Ram-Panther game, too....until Sam was traded. I agree that they had a chance to beat a really good team with Sam playing well, and all of a sudden the run and pass was synced. Actually that offense looked better than ANY Fisher offense that he had with the Titans....so, ya, maybe we get there with Goff in 2016, but probably more like 2017. Tough to watch with Wentz firing those darts.