Rams Vs. 49ers: Shane's Select Seven (101 ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

Get Deep

The St. Louis Rams possess three of the NFL’s fastest men per their respective positions: Chris Givens on the outside, Tavon Austin in the slot and Jared Cook at hybrid tight end.

Yet, particularly over the last two weeks, the Rams have made little to no visible effort to push the ball downfield. That needs to change against the 49ers.

San Francisco’s secondary is a bit questionable, and St. Louis has the firepower to test them. Defenses have been creeping closer and closer to the line of scrimmage against the Rams and have begun to smother the underneath routes.

If St. Louis does not begin to stretch the field, it will become more and more difficult to find space on the shorter throws.

Against the 49ers, the offense needs to show increased aggression and utilize some of the league’s best deep speed more than it has thus far in the 2013 campaign.

(Hope you will enjoy the remaining six points to the preview below. Thanks):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/25/rams-vs-49ers-shanes-select-seven/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/25/ram ... ect-seven/</a>

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm glad someone else got the banner ad, the chicken in the bathing suit gave me nightmares. :omg:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's hard to argue the hit list there, Shane.

If I had to prioritize it;

1. Protect Bradford (the offense goes through Sam's arm)

2. Grab the lead (changes the dynamic on D and... O)

3. Improve 3rd down (the D has GOT to show up and the off-coverage needs to GO away)

4. Minimize penalties (its not down on the list because it's not urgent, but it's overdue)

5. Run the ball (I think we can win without the run, but it sure would help)

6. Get deep (I don't like the check down, but deep isn't the only way for the offense to be productive)

7. Stop the Dual-Threat Running Attack (very important! I put it lower on the list because I think our run D bounces back)