Rams trio gets in Pro Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great to see Todd Gurley making it as a rookie! Hopefully, Janoris makes it after players pull out. He deserves it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Two years in a row now that Fish/Snead have come away with the best player in the draft. I have a feeling that from last year's class Havenstein is going to see some Pro Bowls too, the dude can win even when he's out of position and IMO after another camp he's gonna be a monster.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Congrats to the 3 amigos, feel sorry for Tavon, I thought he was a lock in this season! JJ too

Stel

Starter
Tru deserves some love, too. 6 ints put him tied for 4th in the league. He has played well in his contract year!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Pretty much what I would have expected. Well done to the three of them.

To those saying they expected Tavon, at which position would he be selected to the pro-bowl? Certainly not as a WR or RB with only 427 yards and 390 yards, respectively.
It has been somewhat of a down year for him in terms of returning as well, 7.8 yards per punt return this year is Tavon's career low and almost 5 yards behind Sproles (who was selected at PR). The other selected returner, Lockett does have a lower yards per punt return than Tavon, but he also returns kicks, and did very well in that department too.
If there was some kind of 'flex' position in the pro-bowl then Tavon would certainly be in the mix, but as it stands with only traditional positions being selected, I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

tempests

Hall of Fame
Congrats to all three, they deserved it.

Tavon was going through a dry spell for a good chunk of the season as a returner. Think that cost him.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will our corners, Johnson and Jenkins, understand that they might get less than "pro bowl" corners get paid? But I think they both have had outstanding years. I just hope they aren't looking for too much jack, and that we can re-sign both. I don't want to give millions to free agents like Fairley, Cook, Jake Long, etc ... I would much rather keep our own. These two guys are still in their primes and have played together for four years now. Hopefully that means something. Congratulations to Donald (all-world), Hekker, and Gurley.

FRO

Legend
Our CBs have been outstanding this year. Even Roberson has made some plays. Hopefully we retain Jenkins and Johnson, then we add Gaines to the mix. We need to retain our defense and fix the offense.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Hey there's some recognition accolades, right?

Jenks will get in since Norman was selected and Panthers will likely reach SB, I don't see an NFC foe topping them.

TA11 all purpose stud. No worries.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Congrats to the Big Three!! Tavon should have made it!! JMHO!
IF we had a Winning record more players would have made it!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
TA is the most dangerous player with the ball in his hands in any game he plays in. If adherence to traditional position type is the cause for his omission in the probowl then that's unfortunate and certainly not Austins fault.

In case anyone out there isn't yet aware of this, Tavon Austin is fucking awesome.

RamBill

Legend
Three Rams picked for Pro Bowl
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_8f9d0d0b-520b-5f8b-b33d-9a049ea86e43.html

For the first time since 2006, the Rams had three players selected to the Pro Bowl. Defensive tackle Aaron Donald, running back Todd Gurley and punter Johnny Hekker made it this year in voting by coaches, players and fans, the NFL announced Tuesday night.

Of course it’s the first Pro Bowl berth for Gurley, the rookie from Georgia, and it’s the second selection for both Donald and Hekker.

Donald currently ranks sixth in the NFL in sacks this season with 11, which is the second-most for a Rams defensive tackle since sacks became an official statistic in 1982. Despite facing frequent double-team blocks this season, particularly with defensive end Robert Quinn missing most of the season with knee and back injuries, Donald also has a team-high 21 tackles for loss.

Gurley, who also has to be a favorite for offensive rookie of the year, currently ranks third in the NFL in rushing, with 1,023 yards. His total is all the more impressive when you consider he missed the first two games entirely and had a cameo role in Game 3 as he completed the rehab and recovery from knee surgery while at the University of Georgia. Gurley joins Pro Football Hall of Famers Jerome Bettis and Eric Dickerson as the only Rams rookies to rush for 1,000 yards.

Hekker leads the NFL in overall punting with a 48.3-yard average on 85 punts, a total that is tied for the league high. He is second in net punting at 43.9, just behind Baltimore’s Sam Koch at 44.0. Hekker also has had a league-best 38 punts inside the 20, with only five touchbacks.

The last time the Rams had three players make the Pro Bowl, in 2006, quarterback Marc Bulger, running back Steven Jackson and wide receiver Torry Holt were voted in.

Over the previous eight years — or since the ’06 season — the Rams have had players selected to the Pro Bowl only seven times. Holt made it in 2007; Jackson made it in 2009 and 2010; Quinn made it in 2013 and 2014; Hekker made it in 2013; and Donald made it last year.

The Pro Bowl is scheduled for Jan. 31 in Honolulu, a week before the Super Bowl.