Rams Training Camp Practice Twitter Reports: Aug. 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Training Camp Practice Twitter Reports: Aug. 5

Messages are in reverse order

Jim Fadler @jimiramsboy

Think it’s about done…amongst other things the WR’s inability in the past to adjust to the ball killed the team…today multiple times

Stacy and trainers heading to the locker room #ramscamp

Stacy roughed up and being tended to…looks like an ankle #ramscamp

Almost all the blitzing today is coming up the A gaps or the middle….last week most was off the edge #ramscamp

It won’t take a whole lot more for Bailey and McLeod to get into a fight…..bring on the Saints #ramscamp

It’s catching….Tavon adjusts to a ball after a double move and makes a one handed catch #ramscamp

Cook redeems himself on a nice crossing pattern from Sam #ramscamp

Britt despite double coverage and the ball on the wrong side….adjusts…yes adjust to ball for a 40 year gain #ramscamp

Cook not having a good day, drops a skinny post right to him on a blitz read #ramscamp

Alex Bayer making a strong claim on 4th tight end job #ramscamp

Sean Hooey in no way shape or form a match for Michael Sam’s speed rush #ramscamp

Rams have a single back three tight formation that shifts into four wide formation with back split wide #ramscamp

I don’t think Tavon Austin has dropped a single ball in the end zone when I have been here…just out fought Joyner #ramscamp

Westbrook tagged Davis down after about one step back…shot the gap untouched #ramscamp

Ethan Westbrooks can play in the NFL….just where m aww y be a question. #ramscamp

Gilbert audible to a go route by Bailey….who catches it for about 40 #ramscamp

Bradford got kicked in the leg….yes that leg….but was fine….crowd groaned #ramscamp

Reserve tackles once again getting whipped in 11 on 11…Hayes especially having his way #ramscamp

Stacy follows his blockers so extremely well…dropped in behind Wells and cut off up the field #ramscamp

Greg Reid gets some time as a KR….he needs to make an impact there #ramscamp

Really please with what I have seen today from Mason….running game best with a north south runner #ramscamp

Coach Fassel is one of the most exuberant and vocal coaches on the staff #ramscamp

The rest of the offense appears to be walking through checks at the line and audible #ramscamp

Special teams does on kick coverage, emphasis on staying in lanes. Pead on the side without a helmet #ramscamp

Jordan Harris recovers and gets a chest bump from Coach Sherman #ramscam

I have watched Mason a couple of times on the far end….no cut back today…all straight ahead #ramscamp

Read All the Tweets

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jim Thomas @jthom1

It's the last open practice of week for the public. So far, Rams practice attendance up 15 to 20 percent from 2013 _ which was a record.

Rams string of 1,000-plus attendance days at practice broken. A crowd of 789 attended Tuesday night's practice at Rams Park.

Forgot one on did not practice list: Avery Cunningham, and undrafted rookie safety from Middle Tennessee.

Whether it was first team or second team defense Rams had a serious pass rush going throughout practice.

A couple of practice highlights: Quick had a nice diving sideline catch; Britt tracked a deep ball in double coverage for a big gainer.

Longtime Rams security chief Dan Linza, now retired, attended Tues. night's practice.

Among those returning KOs Tuesday night: Chris Givens, Tre Mason, Greg Reid, Benny Cunningham.

Sean Jensen, former Vikings, Bears beat writer visited Rams Park. He's now managing editor for the Thrive Sports web site.

WR Brian Quick, who had missed a couple days with an abdominal strain, was back at practice.

C/G Barrett Jones, LG Rodger Saffold, DT Michael Brockers, DT Kendall Langford.

Not practicing Tues: WR Justin Veltung, CB Janoris Jenkins, RB Isaiah Pead, RB Trey Watts, FB Kadeem Jones, LB James Laurinaitis.

Speaking of RBs, Fisher said ideally he's like to give each RB about 6 carries Friday night.

Zac Stacy left practice early; injury uncertain, doesn't appear to be serious.

Fisher also said LT Jake Long, C Scott Wells unlikely to play (also as expected).

As he mentioned at the start of camp, Jeff Fisher says QB Sam Bradford unlikely to play vs. Saints on Friday.

FRO

Legend
Sucks that Stacy got hurt. Hope he is ok. I would keep him out Friday. Would like to get a long look at Mason, Pead, and Reynolds.

Westbrooks vs Sam. Who wins?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Sucks that Stacy got hurt. Hope he is ok. I would keep him out Friday. Would like to get a long look at Mason, Pead, and Reynolds.

Of the running backs, aside from Mason I wanna see watts the most. We know what the others can do. Watts is intriguing.

FRO

Legend
Of the running backs, aside from Mason I wanna see watts the most. We know what the others can do. Watts is intriguing.
I want to see if Pead has improved. I'm quite confident in what we have in Stacy and Cunningham.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Westbrooks vs Sam. Who wins?

I don't mind if the starters don't play much either. I want to see the younger guys.
Also would like to see Shaun Hill get a full half. Being new to the system, he needs the work.

Was thinking the same regarding Sam and Westbrook.
It sounds like they won't make it to the practice squad. They should both be on a 53 somewhere.

FRO

Legend
I don't mind if the starters don't play much either. I want to see the younger guys.
Also would like to see Shaun Hill get a full half. Being new to the system, he needs the work.

Was thinking the same regarding Sam and Westbrook.
It sounds like they won't make it to the practice squad. They should both be on a 53 somewhere.
Yeah pass rushers are so rare. It may be easier to sneak Sam on the practice squad due to the media attention he receives.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

Not much change to the injury list from yesterday though WR Brian Quick, who sat the past couple of practices, did return to work.

Fisher said OT Jake Long and C Scott Wells will also be held out of Friday night's preseason opener.

Rams wrapped up Tuesday night practice. Coach Jeff Fisher said QB Sam Bradford unlikely to play Friday night. No surprise there.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Cunningham is the best RB on this team. I'm hoping he can take the #1 role.
Maybe he is the best runner.i BUt pass blocking and picking up stunts etc is critical in this era. He has some homerun speed and maybe more power than Zac. Awesome back up!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Cunningham is the best RB on this team. I'm hoping he can take the #1 role.

Oh I wasn't trying to make the other backs sound less of players. I only wanna see watts because we know the other guys are studs. Watts is an unknown commodity at this point.