Rams Trade Pieces

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am wondering what our most valued trade pieces are? I know we have a trade thread, and it’s been talked ‘round about... so not talking about a trade, just our chips-in-hand.

So... tying some things together... what does Snead have in hand that are realistic premium trade pieces?

SUPER PREMIUM - NOT AVAILABLE
Donald
Ramsey
Etc...

SUPER PREMIUM - AVAILABLE?
D. Williams
Rams 2022 1st Rounder

PREMIUM - AVAILABLE?
Rams 2nd/3rd round picks 2021
Goff
Havenstein
Kupp
Woods
Noteboom

This is a sample list... What do we have that other teams would realistically covet, and the Rams would realistically entertain?

I get “everything is on the table”... But how would we pull off a splash move?

I might argue our 2022 first rounder is only Super Premium in a package. So... not sure I see a lot of trade juice here..., but also writing this topic because I am curious what others see.

TexasRam

Legend
As others have stated either Woods or Kupp should have great value. Think of the argument one can make from the Buffalo use-case where Josh Allen goes from near bust to Superman in one season when they add Diggs to pair with Cole Beasley. (my former neighbor, sorry for the side topic name drop).

Their contracts are reasonable for their value but we went to the Superbowl without Kupp, so even the Rams can justify such a move.

There are plenty of young QB's out there who could really use a WR like one of these. But I agree with others, if a Goff trade does come down our ammo for say a Watson is lacking so pairing a Kupp in such a scenario might make sense.

One thing to consider though, we could become the top NFC team just be attrition. Brady Brees and Rodgers are on their last legs and we were a Donald injury a Kupp Injury and and Edwards injury and one quarter away from facing the Bucs in the NFC championship. A team we already beat this year.

Do we really want to move too many parts around or just tweak a few pieces and pray for less injury come playoffs?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do we really want to move too many parts around or just tweak a few pieces and pray for less injury come playoffs?

I‘m not sure I want too, either. But with the trades speculated... it feels to me we lack ammo.

Woods and Kupp are good pieces, but contracts knock them down from Super Premium pieces.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think of the argument one can make from the Buffalo use-case where Josh Allen goes from near bust to Superman in one season when they add Diggs to pair with Cole Beasley.
Lol, Allen has never been a near bust, he's the polar opposite. Not trying to side track the thread, but he is the sole reason that team went from a potential winless team, to Championship level in 2 years. Accounted for 18 td in 11 games as a rookie, 29 TD in 2019. Now to your point, Diggs has been flat out amazing for that team no doubt. Just sorry to say that neither Woods nor Kupp are anywhere near Diggs level

On topic though, I guess one would need to clarify classifications, I would think:
Super premium- Top 2 2021 draft pick, or worth multiple 1st round picks
Premium- top 10-12 draft pick, or 1st round pick combo with either additional 2021 pick (3rd/4th) or 2022 1st
Move up pieces- late round 1st #28-32, 2nd round pick #33-45, 2022 1st round

Super premium-Rams have 2 as you said, and neither are available.
Premium- I think its's a stretch, but a combo of the 2021 2nd round pick and the 2022 1st round pick is the closest to premium. D-will may garner a 1st or 2nd round pick per the tender on him, however he's not tradable per se because a team would have to sign him first.
Move up pieces- Realistically, that's all the Rams have. On their own each player is worth 3rd-5th round, Kupp could possibly get a 2nd round pick. Woods, Kupp, Havenstein, Higbee & Brockers
Wild Card- Goff- enough threads on the cat, dont need another. Its debatable what his value is, we literally have no idea what teams think of him. Could be worth a 1st, could be worth significant less due to contract attached

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'd probably add Higbee to the trade list. Of the tiers you have, I'd say Premium Available.

I don't really want to trade Woods or Kupp because I love them as players and people, but it's more and more clear that they're similar. And if they bring something back that we need, I'd consider it.

However, if the Rams were to find a deep threat like Cooks again, it'd open up those intermediate routes more consistently.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t want to give up more first round picks. At some point we’re gonna need to draft players

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I realize Goff is looked down on by a lot of fans, but he's not a 2nd rounder.

Goff will net at least a first rounder.

Goff not only has the bona fides with the W/L record, leading the #1 offense twice, going to the Super Bowl and two Pro Bowls in four years, but has beaten Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson and Brees over that 4 year span.

It's not that dude can't play. Whatever the reason for the breakup, none of this should be misinterpreted as Goff being anything less than a starting QB in the NFL.

Goff in Indy would be amazing for all involved if it meant we got Watson.

Honestly, I think that would be a win win win for every team involved, but this off-season is gonna be weird.

Could be only Stafford moves to Indy... and that's it.... and everyone else stays home. That could happen.

That said, I don't think everyone's staying home.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I don’t want to give up more first round picks. At some point we’re gonna need to draft players

The only player I'm going deep for is Watson. Beyond that? Nope. I roll with Goff and keep pounding away at improving the OL and scheme to better fit what he does best.

I'd say Rodgers as well, but c'mon... does anyone legit think Rodgers isn't gonna stay? Are we really entertaining the notion that the Packers won't make the NFL's MVP happy? I dunno.

but it is 2021 and it truly seems anything can happen.

I swear the only thing missing from 2020 was a mule who kicked FGs...

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only player I'm going deep for is Watson. Beyond that? Nope. I roll with Goff and keep pounding away at improving the OL and scheme to better fit what he does best.

I'd say Rodgers as well, but c'mon... does anyone legit think Rodgers isn't gonna stay? Are we really entertaining the notion that the Packers won't make the NFL's MVP happy? I dunno.

but it is 2021 and it truly seems anything can happen.

I swear the only thing missing from 2020 was a mule who kicked FGs...
My thing is no one player guarantees you a Super Bowl Watson included. It’s one thing to go in big on a trade for what you feel is a final piece but we’ve done that already a few times and we have deficiencies because of it. I’d much rather invest in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We’re still lacking pass rush outside of Donald we severely need interior upgrades in the Oline plus whit won’t be around forever. and our lb group leaves a lot to be desired. So a trade for Watson IMO is only a success if he delivers us a Super Bowl we’re already a second round playoff team.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
My thing is no one player guarantees you a Super Bowl Watson included. It’s one thing to go in big on a trade for what you feel is a final piece but we’ve done that already a few times and we have deficiencies because of it. I’d much rather invest in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We’re still lacking pass rush outside of Donald we severely need interior upgrades in the Oline plus whit won’t be around forever. and our lb group leaves a lot to be desired. So a trade for Watson IMO is only a success if he delivers us a Super Bowl we’re already a second round playoff team.
I respect that.

I agree, but I think Watson is a transcendent talent and the Rams make trades for those type players.

More importantly, I feel confident that the Rams don't dish Goff to end up with someone like Teddy Bridgewater or Wolford or Hodges.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the idea of the thread is just to discuss what, if any, realistic trade value/trade chips the Rams have.
Not who should be traded, just overall trade chips.
Otherwise it looks like it will head down the path of another Goff thread
Just my .02

TexasRam

Legend
Lol, Allen has never been a near bust, he's the polar opposite. Not trying to side track the thread, but he is the sole reason that team went from a potential winless team, to Championship level in 2 years. Accounted for 18 td in 11 games as a rookie, 29 TD in 2019. Now to your point, Diggs has been flat out amazing for that team no doubt. Just sorry to say that neither Woods nor Kupp are anywhere near Diggs level

On topic though, I guess one would need to clarify classifications, I would think:
Premium- top 10-12 draft pick, or 1st round pick combo with either additional 2021 pick (3rd/4th) or 2022 1st

Premium- I think its's a stretch, but a combo of the 2021 2nd round pick and the 2022 1st round pick is the closest to premium. D-will may garner a 1st or 2nd round pick per the tender on him, however he's not tradable per se because a team would have to sign him first.
Move up pieces- Realistically, that's all the Rams have. On their own each player is worth 3rd-5th round, Kupp could possibly get a 2nd round pick. Woods, Kupp, Havenstein, Higbee & Brockers
Wild Card- Goff- enough threads on the cat, dont need another. Its debatable what his value is, we literally have no idea what teams think of him. Could be worth a 1st, could be worth significant less due to contract attached
Josh Allen 2018-2019
76 QB rating
56 completion rating

Those passing stats are bottom of the league by any measure. They let defensive stars go and committed lots of resources to the Offense in 2020 in order to get him out of bust status. To his credit he played lights out. His inaccuracy and erratic play popped back up in the playoffs though.

Ended the postseason with a 60 completion percentage and 80 QB rating for those that like to look at those things. The film is worse though. Multiple bad passes and dropped interceptions vs The Chiefs. By any measure a terrible performance. A free TD on a fumbled punt put them at the 1 yard line. The rest of the game was erratic throw after erratic throw.

He’s going the way of Carson Wentz
In my book. Going to get a big contract and have to stop putting the franchise investment at risk with all the running if he wants a long term career

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I respect that.

I agree, but I think Watson is a transcendent talent and the Rams make trades for those type players.

More importantly, I feel confident that the Rams don't dish Goff to end up with someone like Teddy Bridgewater or Wolford or Hodges.
Watson is undoubtably an amazing talent. My issue is coupling another multi first round pick trade with the ones we’ve already made will continue to hollow out our roster and make us even more top heavy and to what ends? if we bring him in to a team who was 3 wins away from a super bowl the only way it can be seen as a success is if he wins us one otherwise What did we really do get 1 or 2 games closer? while making our team less sustainable? Will Watson win us 3 more games? Probably. Will it be the three we need? That’s the question.

even If Watson were to come here for the next 11 years and throw for 45,092 yds 336 TDs make 9 pro bowls it doesn’t mean we Will make the super bowl ask drew brees.

My point is not against Watson as I believe he is a great qb it’s just that we can’t continue to give all our picks away and hollow our roster further and expect it to not catch up with us. Maybe if we hadn’t traded for Sammy Watkins and Marcus peters and Brandin cooks and Jalen Ramsay I’d feel differently because think of how many more first second and third rounders would be on our roster. And now we’re gonna give 3 more firsts plus whatever else? that stuff adds up

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Allen’s completion percentage in his first year was only 52.8. In his second year he showed improvement at 58%. But in his first year I think it would be fair for some to wonder if he was going to be a bust since he had similar production in college.

Completion percentage is the main red flag against him and it’s not easy for QBs to go from poor accuracy in college to good accuracy in the Pros

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I cannot see the Rams being able to make a trade for Watson. Other teams will be able to outbid the Rams in draft compensation alone. Kupp and Goff don’t likely get it done.

I am all for getting the proven star player over the draft pick, but I’m wondering how long the Rams can continue to trade first and/or second round picks. They have some glaring weakness at several positions plus at least one big one in the near future. The cap situation can be alleviated by cheaper starting rookies on 5 year deals.
Can they continue to go any longer without those key pieces playing cheap under the cap?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Josh Allen 2018-2019
76 QB rating
56 completion rating

Those passing stats are bottom of the league by any measure. They let defensive stars go and committed lots of resources to the Offense in 2020 in order to get him out of bust status. To his credit he played lights out. His inaccuracy and erratic play popped back up in the playoffs though.

Ended the postseason with a 60 completion percentage and 80 QB rating for those that like to look at those things. The film is worse though. Multiple bad passes and dropped interceptions vs The Chiefs. By any measure a terrible performance. A free TD on a fumbled punt put them at the 1 yard line. The rest of the game was erratic throw after erratic throw.

He’s going the way of Carson Wentz
In my book. Going to get a big contract and have to stop putting the franchise investment at risk with all the running if he wants a long term career
Again, dont want to derail, but this is silly.
Bust status is the furthest thing from Allen's reputation after the 2019 season. They won double digit games for the first time in 20 years. Were the team predicted to take the title from the Patriots for first time in forever.
He accounted for 29 TD and only 13 turnovers.
Carson Wentz cant hold this guy's jock.
Allen post season: 94.3 QB rating, accounted for 6 TD and 1 turnover (3 games)
Brady post season: 90.8 QB rating, accounted for 8 TD and 3 turnover (3 games)
Brady in the league for 50 years, Allen in just his 3rd season
Mahomes and Rodgers are head and shoulders above all QB, Watson and Allen are surely in the conversation for next best

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Allen’s completion percentage in his first year was only 52.8. In his second year he showed improvement at 58%. But in his first year I think it would be fair for some to wonder if he was going to be a bust since he had similar production in college.

Completion percentage is the main red flag against him and it’s not easy for QBs to go from poor accuracy in college to good accuracy in the Pros
Well, that was the knock on him, and IIRC Buffalo was somewhat ridiculed for drafting him that high. But almost from the jump that criticism caused egg on many faces. He'd proven his doubters wrong. I saw his 2nd year judged totally opposite, it was a meteoric rise from year 1 to 2. And the only time I saw the word "bust" associated with Allen after his 2nd year was when they thought Mayfield was the bust and Lamar and Allen were the class QB of that draft

Bearrister

Rookie
Well, that was the knock on him, and IIRC Buffalo was somewhat ridiculed for drafting him that high. But almost from the jump that criticism caused egg on many faces. He'd proven his doubters wrong. I saw his 2nd year judged totally opposite, it was a meteoric rise from year 1 to 2. And the only time I saw the word "bust" associated with Allen after his 2nd year was when they thought Mayfield was the bust and Lamar and Allen were the class QB of that draft

A few weeks ago ESPN had an interesting article about Josh Allen’s rise. He definitely had a lot of doubters coming out of college.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn’t read through the entire thread. One thing to possibly consider (imo) would be if the Rams move Kupp. He is tight with the Rams QB. I’d see this as, this is not your team QB.

Regarding the initial post. Either Receiver, Note, or Hav would be my guess for best trade value. Especially if there is a team who struggles with the run game. Hav will definitely draw attention. Imagine Kupp or Woods in a Jags, Jets or Miami uniform? They have picks and cap space. Makes my stomach turn, but having a young QB with a possession WR makes a difference.