Rams to interview John Fassel on Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He won't be the hire. As @Prime Time said, it's a courtesy. Probably going to pump him for information about who's a dog and who's a player on this team as well.

Exactly... guys need to chill on this. This is more about getting insight to the locker room then it is to give him a courtesy interview. Plus, if they want him back as ST' s coach or at least feel a new coach would likely want him back, then it is smart to get his take on everything and make him feel that his opinion is valued.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
As MANY HCs have stated, it takes time to figure out the interview process. Almost no one nails it on the first try. That means it takes iterations. The Rams are doing Bones a solid by giving him a "freebie" iteration.

Is it likely he'll get the job?

Not at all.

The value for Bones is in the practice interview. Heck, just what he learns in the process can help him become a better coach and more valuable to an organization... just because he's gone through the process.

So, it's good for Bones and doesn't hurt the Rams.

Solid for the team to do this for him. AND... I hope we retain him.

jap

Legend
Interview for what? To stay on as the ST coach?

Bones may stand to be promoted to something like ST coach/assistant HC. It is probably all a grandiose way of saying, "We really appreciate you, Coach Bones!"

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...in-coaching-interviews-focus-on-new-direction

by Alden Gonzalez

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- John Fassel would've been happy being a special-teams coordinator his entire life. He talked about that when he was named the Los Angeles Rams' interim coach. But that was 21 days ago. His perspective has changed since then.

"These three weeks have been probably the greatest, most educational coaching experience in my life," Fassel said Monday afternoon, shortly after meeting with the team one final time. "I would love someday to get the opportunity to be a head coach in the National Football League. So, yes, it changed my perspective in a matter of about three weeks."

Days earlier, Rams COO Kevin Demoff, who is leading the search for a new head coach, told Fassel to keep Monday night open so that they could chat about what lies ahead. The Rams would love to keep Fassel on staff, but he is highly unlikely to become the full-time head coach. Interviews for that position will ramp up on Tuesday morning.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
7879452_orig.gif

Many coaches that have had success in the NFL, NBA and MLB came out of nowhere.

It could happen.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As a fan of the team I have this to say.

We are freaked. freaked. freaked. freaked.

That depends on who makes the final decision. Btw I've heard nothing about any input from Les Snead during this coaching search. Early last month it was revealed that Snead got a contract extension. I wonder if Kroenke is willing to pay both Snead and Fisher to go away.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I really like coach bones and respect the work he did on our ST units. He'll land on his feet.

jap

Legend
Even if we want to retain John as our ST coach, there is no hiding the great job he has done since he's been here. He will be sought out by other clubs.