Rams to interview John Fassel on Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/01/rams-to-interview-john-fassel-on-monday/

Rams to interview John Fassel on Monday
Posted by Mike Florio on January 1, 2017

630503940-e1483317244698.jpg
Getty Images

The season has ended for the Rams, and the process of searching for a new coach will heat up, quickly.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, interim coach John Fassel will be interviewed on Monday.

The process thereafter will depend in large part on who is available to be interviewed and when, based on which candidates work for teams that are still playing. One candidate not previously linked to the Rams job is Bills offensive coordinator/interim coach Anthony Lynn.

The Rams also have been consistently linked to Saints coach Asshole Face. We’ll have more on that one later tonight.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's probably a courtesy interview. It's good practice for every coach that wants to eventually be a HC in the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He was in so far over his head that he does not deserve an interview. The fact that they're giving him one is sickening. I am sorry, but he should not be in consideration. Not even close.

This team has no soul. It is full of quitters who take plays off, starting from some of their top players not named Donald. If they don't absolutely effin KILL this hire it's gonna be more fail and more fans jumping to the Raiders and re-branded Chargers when they go to LA.

Hearing that he is interviewing is the first real fear I have felt that they're going to F this up. It is terrible news man, we're a rudderless ship.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'm not going to panic over this. I'm assuming it's just a courtesy interview. But as the narrative has always been Fassel will NOT be the coach going forward, it is something to monitor. If this franchise goes with Fassel after failing to learn from Boras and Cigs with in-house candidates in over their heads... and blows a golden opportunity to finally land a competent head coach.... I'm done. Thankfully, I don't think it happens.

Lesson

Oh, really?
He was in so far over his head that he does not deserve an interview. The fact that they're giving him one is sickening. I am sorry, but he should not be in consideration. Not even close.

This team has no soul. It is full of quitters who take plays off, starting from some of their top players not named Donald. If they don't absolutely effin KILL this hire it's gonna be more fail and more fans jumping to the Raiders and re-branded Chargers when they go to LA.

Hearing that he is interviewing is the first real fear I have felt that they're going to F this up. It is terrible news man, we're a rudderless ship.

To be fair, Fassel being named an interim HC the week of a Thursday night game is the first time that that's happened before in the history of the NFL.

I highly doubt Fassel will be hired as a HC with the Rams. However, he's probably been the best Rams assistant coach since he's been with the Rams as the ST unit has been pretty good under his watch.

Plus, I think any assistant coach wouldn't be over his head taking over a team with 3 full days to prepare for a game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair, Fassel being named an interim HC the week of a Thursday night game is the first time that that's happened before in the history of the NFL.

I highly doubt Fassel will be hired as a HC with the Rams. However, he's probably been the best Rams assistant coach since he's been with the Rams as the ST unit has been pretty good under his watch.

Plus, I think any assistant coach wouldn't be over his head taking over a team with 3 full days to prepare for a game.

None of that means anything to me brother. If Fassel is the hire they are going to fail and fail hard.

I'm actually at a crossroads too right now, tbh. Might take a 2 year break from the team if they don't hire someone where I can at least understand they are determined to right the ship. Fassel's a good dude, but he's not head coach material and I pray to God not good enough for what should be an elite franchise moving forward.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'd be surprised if Shanahan isn't brought in this week. Atl has a bye, making him eligible to interview.

Were are not going to hire Fassel.

Lesson

Oh, really?
None of that means anything to me brother. If Fassel is the hire they are going to fail and fail hard.

I'm actually at a crossroads too right now, tbh. Might take a 2 year break from the team if they don't hire someone where I can at least understand they are determined to right the ship. Fassel's a good dude, but he's not head coach material and I pray to God not good enough for what should be an elite franchise moving forward.

I highly doubt Fassel will be named HC. The team needs a "star" as a HC in order to sell PSLs for Inglewood. If they hired Fassel, I would be completely stunned.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be surprised if Shanahan isn't brought in this week. Atl has a bye, making him eligible to interview.

He will need to be interviewed in Atlanta I believe the rule is. But yes he had better be interviewed next week, along with McDaniels and McVay. Otherwise it might be a real bad portent of things to come.

Zero

Pro Bowler

It's like Prime said.Just a courtesy interview.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
You guy's have to relax, you all are worse than my wife, going off about the Fasell interview, it's a courtesy interview for heaven sake.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
It's all about the OC DC and coaches he can put on the payroll anyway. A head coach doesn't do much anyway. This team gave up way before fassel so I'm not sure what people a freaking out about. His units are always top notch so who is to say he wouldn't be a good coach

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He won't be the hire. As @Prime Time said, it's a courtesy. Probably going to pump him for information about who's a dog and who's a player on this team as well.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu

He didn't even want to be the interim head coach, but it was dumped on him. In his first interview after the Rams canned Fisher he said he'd like to remain the Special Teams coach and really didn't have any desire to become a head coach. Like a lot of guys have said this is probably just "Thank you for filling in" interview.
Take a chill pill.

Ram65

Legend
Keep at Special Teams Coordinator and give him a raise!!!!

I would listen to his insights on player attitudes etc.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
No worries guys. There isn't a team in the NFL interested in giving Bones a Head Coaching job right now, especially after he showed absolutely nothing as the interim HC here. It's obviously just to help him chances in the future.