Rams to check on Jenkins everyday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"All the hand holding in the world won’t help if Jenkins doesn’t make a personal commitment to cleaning up his off-field issues, but it’s the best route for the Rams to take to ensure that their investment pays off."

Yeah. It's nice to be proactive and all, but the change has to come from within. Obviously I'm going to give this kid the benefit of the doubt and already assume he's made that commitment. From there, he can just go ahead and shut down every receiver he faces. Because that's all I really CARE about.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
Actually it's kind of pathetic.
Sure is. But if they want to run the risk, then they'll have to try and mitigate it as well. I want that job though. I want to be the executive in charge of full-time babysitting. That sounds pretty freaking cush.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
Good to know. The comments were...interesting lol.

Comments are always snarky on PFT. Sometimes hilarious. I think ppl get a kick of gettin thumbs up or down.

PhxRam

X said:
PhxRam said:
Sure is. But if they want to run the risk, then they'll have to try and mitigate it as well. I want that job though. I want to be the executive in charge of full-time babysitting. That sounds pretty freaking cush.

I am more interested in finding out if Jenkins was/is receptive to having a full time babysitter.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
X said:
PhxRam said:
I am more interested in finding out if Jenkins was/is receptive to having a full time babysitter.
Good question. Let's evaluate his choices on that though.

Zero.

Mama always said life is like a box of illegitimate children and tazers. You never know what you're gonna get.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
X said:
PhxRam said:
X said:
PhxRam said:
Good question. Let's evaluate his choices on that though.

Zero.

Mama always said life is like a box of illegitimate children and tazers. You never know what you're gonna get.

LOL! that's pretty good right thar! Don't care who u r!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
X said:
PhxRam said:

Are you kidding me? That would be a nightmare. Being a parent and doing it is one thing but following some of these thugs around trying to keep them straight could be exhausting. Like trying to keep a bull away from that cow in heat. Somebody's gonna get fugged!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I predict Janoris, with some help from a few mature adults, will be fine. The kid looks to be a good smart kid, who probably just grew up with not-so-great influences around him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
PhxRam said:
X said:
PhxRam said:

The Rams called Jenkins agent and asked if he would be open to getting help, not just babysitting, but financial help, etc. Jeff Fisher set it up, and if Jenkins said no, they wouldn't have picked him. So, I hope that helps.

bluecoconuts

Legend
DR RAM said:
PhxRam said:
X said:
PhxRam said:

The Rams called Jenkins agent and asked if he would be open to getting help, not just babysitting, but financial help, etc. Jeff Fisher set it up, and if Jenkins said no, they wouldn't have picked him. So, I hope that helps.

I'm sure he didn't think much of it anyway.

The Military does the same thing with new guys. When you get your first assignment (like being a rookie) people out there will try to take advantage of you because you're usually willing to spend your money and don't really know much about how it works. No different from and NFL rookie who's got a good paycheck, guys will be asking them to buy cars, etc, trying to take advantage with high interest loan rates, etc.

So we would always tell new guys not to buy cars and stuff, and any major purchase (computer, etc) has to be approved by an NCO. Constantly being checked up on to make sure they're out of trouble and such.

Some guys don't like it, most don't care. And sure some guys fall through the cracks (we had a guy who went out and bought a 2001 Honda Civic for 15,000 at 16% APR, and the car had about 3 grand worth of damage on both the body and the interior, without telling anyone and there was nothing we could do) but for the most part it helps the new guys adjust to their new life.

I'm sure that Jenkins understands that it's just looking out for him, I'm not too worried.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
PhxRam said:
X said:
PhxRam said:

Sure does. I didn't hear that story.

superfan24

Starter
Gawd who watches after his children? Hope he hires a full time babysitter for them shit.
This guy stays in line we have basically one side of the field covered. And cortland on the other side :shock:
I'm pumped

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You think it's once a day? If I'm Fisher, I'm having people call him with bullshit questions, taking him mini-golfing, bringing over game tapes to watch all night, hiring Magnum PI, hiring someone to play X-Box with him, etc... Get him through the first year or two and he'll be fine.