Rams “taking the pain” in 2020?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
BTW...

Even if the assessment is correct that the Rams are choosing to “take the pain” in 2020, the homer in me still thinks they have a solid playoff chance and (cough, maybe) a chance at a SB run.

Like that “Moneyball” movie... sometimes smart teams can be successful with limited funds.

Rams still have a great core on offense, plenty of star power on D, a new innovative D Coordinator, and a reinvigorated wunderkind in McVay.

Go Rams! Homers rule!:D

I would also add that there are going to be a lot of new wrinkles to both the O and D that other teams haven't seen before.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I think with McVay we will always have a chance to win, but they all know we don’t have the talent we did 2 years ago. I think we’ll still be a 9-7, 10-6 wildcard team. Just not quite there yet. What I really want to see is how much did McVay learn this year? Is this the time he takes a leap as a coach? Based on offseason moves I’d like to think so.

Ram65

Legend
BTW...

Even if the assessment is correct that the Rams are choosing to “take the pain” in 2020, the homer in me still thinks they have a solid playoff chance and (cough, maybe) a chance at a SB run.

Like that “Moneyball” movie... sometimes smart teams can be successful with limited funds.

Rams still have a great core on offense, plenty of star power on D, a new innovative D Coordinator, and a reinvigorated wunderkind in McVay.

Go Rams! Homers rule!:D

Les and the Rams passed on restructuring Goff's roster bonus money to add more cap space. That demonstrates that they are thinking of the future beyond 2020. Taking the hit of firing Gurley although cap related was as much due to injury and possible attitude concerns. Drafting Henderson last year was a smart insurance move for 2020 and beyond. Outside of Gurley the Rams offense remains intact. The Rams still have plenty of offensive weapons. Questions remain concerning the offensive line however, they have more game experience and should be improved. The inability to spend (overspend) on the Rams free agents allows the Rams to bring in cheaper defenders that bring different strengths to the defense with improved run-stopping ability. These new players and the young recently drafted/undrafted players in the front seven have a great chance to meld with an improved secondary. The defense could very well surprise everyone with the help of a younger innovative defensive coordinator. This year may not be as painful as many predict.