Rams take Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
running QB;s dont last long in the Not For Long league
train

There are only a couple of exceptions to that rule and they are the size of linebackers. Even then Roethlisberger and Newton have been dinged up. Newton just a little so far but it could take it's toll.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
ect, ect will be less forgiving in the NFL and eventually he gets hurt like all running QBs do.

Okay Wentz is just not a running quarterback and we put that to bed. Russell Wilson has not gotten hurt, neither has Cam Newton or Aaron Rodgers all three can run to extend plays, but don't run to make the play.

IMO Wentz are more like them then other running QB's, Wentz can run, but runs under control. Not taking anything away from Goff, but Goff also has not taken that many snaps under center which will be crucial in the Ram run first approach.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There are only a couple of exceptions to that rule and they are the size of linebackers. Even then Roethlisberger and Newton have been dinged up. Newton just a little so far but it could take it's toll.

Is Russell Wilson the size of linebackers?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Okay Wentz is just not a running quarterback and we put that to bed. Russell Wilson has not gotten hurt, neither has Cam Newton or Aaron Rodgers all three can run to extend plays, but don't run to make the play.

IMO Wentz are more like them then other running QB's, Wentz can run, but runs under control. Not taking anything away from Goff, but Goff also has not taken that many snaps under center which will be crucial in the Ram run first approach.

Well id hope hes not just a running QB, I never said that. you sure all 3 of those guys have not been hurt? I think thats wrong. All 3 have been dinged up.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I have ZERO concerns about Goff's size. None. He's plenty big. He proved his durability in college taking a lot of hits behind that Cal oline.

Wentz is "thin" in the arms and legs. While a lot of people point to Wentz as having a size advantage, he's not exactly thick like Cam Newton.
Wentz is "thin" in the arms but Goff is plenty big? You need to look again at Goff's skinny legs they look like big birds legs.

Ram Pat

Rookie
Goff has Bradford legs:seizure:, looks like a mix of Alex Smith and Matt Ryan. I take the qb that can throw without perfect pocket. Wentz kinda mix of Rothlesberger and Bortles. Time will tell

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
all the so called draft experts say Goff is the likely pick, I have no idea where that thought came from. All you need to do is look at the team, the system and the head coach to see Wentz is the probable pick. Big tough kid from a small school that can run the ball is right up coach Fishers alley( Steve Mcnair). This team is built on running the ball and playing defense, Wentz comes from a similar system and would fit perfect. I don't see Goff being our pick at all, he looks like a good QB that will be in the league for a long time but to me he just doesn't fit what the rams are looking for .

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Goff is 6' 4" and 215 pounds and likely to put on 10-15 more pounds in the next year since that is typical of guys when they get into the NFL. That's plenty big enough I would guess.

He's actually taller than most QB's at that height isn't he?

Um... At 6'4" he's exactly the same height as QBs at that height...

6'4" is 6'4" so their all the same.

Lmfao!!!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
At first I laughed then.........I gave you my Foles face. :D

Ready for another trip to Tampa?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

YOU KNOW THIS!!!

Actually, I just hope the schedule monster doesn't bite me on the butt. I have a 30th HS reunion in LA (Santa Monica, actually) Saturday, Oct 1st and the wife wants to take some time out there. Pretty sure we won't be leaving on a Sunday, tho, so I'll be working like heck to swing it!!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

YOU KNOW THIS!!!

Actually, I just hope the schedule monster doesn't bite me on the butt. I have a 30th HS reunion in LA (Santa Monica, actually) Saturday, Oct 1st and the wife wants to take some time out there. Pretty sure we won't be leaving on a Sunday, tho, so I'll be working like heck to swing it!!!

I hope it works, the game wouldn't be the same without you. Plus you and I are undefeated up there.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I hope it works, the game wouldn't be the same without you. Plus you and I are undefeated up there.

Right? And honestly, I think it's gonna be a really good game because Tampa will be much improved this year as well.

The team's gonna really need us!