Rams Stimulus Pay for Gurley and Clay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
This is all in the Gurley thread ;)

Ram65

Legend
It's in the Floyd thread.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
It's infected every thread just like this P.O.S. virus!!!! ...I also wrote that yesterday. They both applied for stimulus package but matthews has it worse he has to apply for unemployment as well. TG actually found a solid paying job. :rolleyes::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops::oops:

Stump23

Rookie
My 2 cents....but, weren't they released with a post June 1 designation? And if so, isn't it possible that league contract rules may allow the teams to be able to pay off this when they choose? I find it very hard to believe that the current non payment is a violation of any type otherwise I think we would have heard from the union by now.....again, just my thoughts.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Rams are saying they are within the rules. Meh who cares right now tbh. We have bigger things to worry about than a multi millionaire adding to his fortune. Not saying they shouldn't be paid, they will be, but this is non news.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
It's too bad that Clay was ever on this team. All he did was cost the Rams valuable money. He's the definition of washed up imo. I expected better of Gurley but after he posted that im glad he and his attitude are in Atlanta and out of the Rams lockeroom.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
My 2 cents....but, weren't they released with a post June 1 designation? And if so, isn't it possible that league contract rules may allow the teams to be able to pay off this when they choose? I find it very hard to believe that the current non payment is a violation of any type otherwise I think we would have heard from the union by now.....again, just my thoughts.
It's the offset language in their contracts. Snead was pretty specific:
Here’s what I do know: They’re definitely owed money. That money is guaranteed, we’re going to pay them,”
There’s some language in the contract of exactly when you pay them and that’s what we’re adhering by. But what I do know is both Clay and Todd earned that money and they’re going to get that money.

There's likely a window the Rams get to wait and see if the players sign elsewhere. The players need to call out their agents if they are unhappy with the timing.