Rams still taking heat for handling of Keenum concussion/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Lynch+Mob.jpg

Thank you for summarizing my entire thought process ;)

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Keenum should have been pulled for 1 play, at least! Don't think Fisher should be getting heat, the docs and refs are at fault, especially the Head of the crew!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well; it's not like Fisher is watching the game on TV from the sideline.

Clear on TV?... Sure. His line of sight from the sideline? Hard to say what and how much he could see.

in the end it doesn't matter if he knew or not. everyone else knew.

if a player staggers to his feet he needs to go through concussion protocol. if he is injured or not is irrelevant. the test is there to determine if the player has suffered a concussion. the player can't just say he's ok and that's the end of it.

i've seen it happen a handful of times this season. so it's not like the rams are the only team in the league where this happened. the league needs to get the system down.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
What an incredibly callous and silly remark.

Fisher and co and the NFL dropped the ball big time. They deserve as much criticism that is being leveled out.

this. can't say I'm surprised though.. Fisher and co are pretty good at dropping the ball

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Either Fisher was unaware of what was happening on the field, or he just didn't give a fuck about his player's health if it meant winning a game. Not sure I want either confirmed to be honest.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
The heat should be on Reggie Scott. He was the one who went out there and OK'd Keenum to keep playing.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...her-mark-schlereth-resolve-their-differences/

Jeff Fisher, Mark Schlereth resolve their differences
Posted by Mike Florio on December 5, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwy1yzljzgyymdhhnjzlmmriyjg0ngq0ote0odzjzwy4-e1449374014732.jpeg
AP

It’s been a long month for Rams coach Jeff Fisher. In addition to losing four games in the last 28 days, he has faced multiple accusations of dirty play and strong opinions regarding the team’s failure to get concussed quarterback Case Keenum off the field.

ESPN’s Mark Schlereth made particularly strong remarks, and Fisher recently told reporters he spoke to Schlereth in an effort to clear the air.

“For Jeff Fisher to say ‘Hey, I was in game-management mode,’ that’s an absolute bold-face lie,” Schlereth said Wednesday. “It’s ludicrous.”

Fisher called Schlereth on Thursday to discuss the situation.

“I had a really positive conversation with Mark today,” Fisher said. “He apologized to me. Again, Mark didn’t have all of the facts. Those things happen. That’s the world we live in right now. When you have the facts and you understand what happened, everything that led up to that incident and any other incident for that matter, unless you’ve got all the facts, you should probably keep your mouth shut. I have great respect for Mark as well. I think Mark’s one of the best, so we had a really good conversation today.”

Asked to confirm that Fisher made the call to Schlereth, Fisher said, “Would you call somebody if they called you a liar? Probably. So I did. I have great respect for Mark and we got it resolved, no problem.”

Fisher also addressed the comments from NFL Players Association president Eric Winston, who believes the Rams should be fined for failing to get Keenum out of the game.

“I’ll say this, I have great respect for Eric, as a player and also in the position that he currently holds within the union, the Players Association,” Fisher said. “It’s awfully difficult for an active player to stay involved and understand everything that went on. I don’t think Eric has all of the facts. The facts were all discussed with the league, with the union. I can see his position. His position is to protect players. But, his position is no different than mine, nor [athletic traininer] Reggie [Scott] or anybody else associated with the league. That’s very unlikely that anybody is going to be penalized. As I said two weeks ago, it’s been going on for a long time now. We’re trying to close the loophole so to make sure that it doesn’t happen again.”

Some would say it shouldn’t have happened in the first place, and that the situation wasn’t a “loophole” but a total failure of a process that is supposed to have multiple avenues for protecting players.

If forced to choose between concluding that no one is to blame or that everyone is to blame, blaming everybody would be the better way to keep something like this from happening again.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

To me it's not about Fisher making the call or not, it's the Rams organization as a whole dropping the ball. Fisher as the HC is responsible for team decisions on game day. That's what being the man in charge means. So it's natural for him to take the heat. The perils of leadership. The Rams sideline blundered big on that, and in my mind it's squarely on Fisher, the Rams trainer, and whoever the NFLs man was on that day.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Fisher must have been the only person watching the game that didn't know case was injured.

Other than the officials and the medical spotter appointed by the league and Garrett Reynolds who picked Case up. It looks like if people are going to be penalized for the handling of this then Fisher/Rams, the NFL (for the medical spotter they pay), the officials for failing to stop play and the players association for one of their own contributing to Case staying in by picking him up off the turf as he's rag dolled.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me it's not about Fisher making the call or not, it's the Rams organization as a whole dropping the ball. Fisher as the HC is responsible for team decisions on game day. That's what being the man in charge means. So it's natural for him to take the heat. The perils of leadership. The Rams sideline blundered big on that, and in my mind it's squarely on Fisher, the Rams trainer, and whoever the NFLs man was on that day.
Or Fisher saw Garrett Reynolds helping Case up and felt that one of Cases own linemen wouldn't be doing anything to put him in danger.