Rams snap counts vs Cards ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Rams Week 10 snap counts: Jefferson’s role shrinks again, Long overtakes Kendrick​

Cameron DaSilva
Mon, November 14, 2022 at 8:45 AM·3 min read

681100aec618b9eed86c7308622c212b

Sean McVay has talked often about the adversity and endless changes the Rams have had to go through in their first nine games of the season. That continued in Week 10 when they hosted the Cardinals.

With Matthew Stafford, Greg Gaines and Alaric Jackson all out against Arizona, the Rams started three new players. They also made further tweaks to the receiving corps and at cornerback in hopes that it would lead to some improvement. It didn’t.

Here’s a look at the snap counts from Sunday’s 27-17 loss to the Cardinals, breaking down how much each player played.

Offense

fa682c0bce26e98c17575d82b18a8877

The only players who were on the field for every snap on Sunday were the five offensive linemen, which is painfully ironic given the injuries the Rams have suffered up front all year.

John Wolford and Bryce Perkins both played, but Perkins was more of a situational player, getting on the field for just five snaps. He had three carries and one pass attempt in those five snaps.

Ben Skowronek and Allen Robinson played the most of the Rams’ receivers, only because Cooper Kupp suffered an ankle injury in the fourth quarter and did not return. Shockingly, Van Jefferson barely played. His snap share has decreased from 53% to 35% to 28% in his first three games back, so his role is shrinking.

Darrell Henderson Jr. once again led the running backs with 34 snaps played, followed by rookie Kyren Williams, who played 16 snaps. However, the majority of Williams’ snaps were in garbage time on the final 11-play drive. Cam Akers only played 10 snaps but got six carries and was targeted once in that limited playing time.

Tyler Higbee played 80% of the snaps and Brycen Perkins mixed in on 22% of them. They were the only two tight ends to play.

Lance McCutcheon made his debut on offense by playing three snaps, but he wasn’t targeted on any of them. That’s three more snaps than Tutu Atwell played, however. Atwell hasn’t played a snap since Week 6.

Defense

14e61482179b27acf189b9a9d35c999a

Nick Scott and Bobby Wagner were the only defenders to play every snap, though Jalen Ramsey and Troy Hill played 99%. Taylor Rapp missed a few plays but was still on the field for 65 of the 68 snaps. Aaron Donald hardly came off the field, either, playing 96% of the snaps.

David Long Jr. has ascended back to his spot as the No. 3 cornerback, overtaking Derion Kendrick. Long has been working his way back from injury and now that he’s fully healthy, he’s CB3 again. Kendrick played just 2 snaps compared to 60 for Long.

Leonard Floyd and Terrell Lewis were once again the top two edge rushers, playing 56 and 42 snaps, respectively. Justin Hollins was third with 35 snaps played.

A’Shawn Robinson played a bunch of snaps (81%) and Marquise Copeland was out there for 28 snaps in place of Greg Gaines.

Ernest Jones played 75% of the snaps as the No. 2 inside linebacker, leading the team with 10 total tackles.

Robert Rochell played just one snap and Cobie Durant failed to get on the field again despite being healthy. He hasn’t played on defense since Week 2.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeast got on the field for only 3 snaps and, I believe, made 2 pretty good plays. Sit Rapps ass down and let Yeast give it a shot. Don't understand Durant or Rochell not playing at all. Lastly, benching Atwell every games is getting old. You drafted him as he is in the 2nd round, USE HIM.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The only players who were on the field for every snap on Sunday were the five offensive linemen, which is painfully ironic given the injuries the Rams have suffered up front all year.

:laugh4:

Cobie Durant failed to get on the field again despite being healthy. He hasn’t played on defense since Week 2.

:thinking:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams are 31st in the NFL in yards per game (282.7), 29th in scoring (16.4) and last in yards rushing (68.1).

https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/article268749232.html#storylink=cpy

PFF OL grades Cards game

RT-Havenstein 64.1
LT-Ty Nsekhe 63.4
LG-Chandler Brewer 60.4
OC-Allen was graded somewhere between 60 & 55
RG-Shelton 55.0 & graded only 32.0 in pass protection.

I'll take the Lombardi anyday of the week. That said hopefully this OL, or swap out Jackson for Nsekhe or one of the guards, can play a few games together and improve. Otherwise it's going to be a long rest of the season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeast got on the field for only 3 snaps and, I believe, made 2 pretty good plays. Sit Rapps ass down and let Yeast give it a shot. Don't understand Durant or Rochell not playing at all. Lastly, benching Atwell every games is getting old. You drafted him as he is in the 2nd round, USE HIM.

Good post - agree with you in sitting Rapp & playing Tutu Atwell. Might as well cut Tutu then. Just to many mistakes.

Rapp though & David Long could bring Comp picks if they show promise.That would be the only reason I play them that much.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In before someone mentions a certain center we passed on in a certain draft. :beer2::woozy2:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Now that Kupp is out, we should be seeing more of McC.

Yeast did not appear to be in over his head, despite only playing 3 snaps. I’d like to see him get more of an opportunity next week.

Why wasn’t KW playing until the end? Scrap Akers and give those snaps to KW. With KW alternating with Henderson, maybe he can learn the passing quicker. Henderson would be better to learn from than Akers.

More Hoecht, more JWilliams. When Gaines comes back, give Donald a few more breaks, especially when the score is lopsided.

Durant and Rochell can’t get onto the field? Hmm .

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Looking at league-wide snapcount data… it appears to me we do not rotate our WR’s as much as others.

From a snap count % perspective… Kupp and Robinson are in the top 18 players. Toss in Skowronek and it’s 3 players in the top 36 of % of their offensive plays.

That seems really high to me.

Would rotating more, help?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Yeah CGI - just wondering where you’re coming from with your emojis? We all know where Merlin is coming from & always seems to.It’s normally not the best place IMO.
Do you ever look at stats?

I haven’t watched many games this season.Mainly because I haven’t done a good enough job recording.Keep thinking automatically set. Which it should be. —I will say Your awesomely text savvy.

- I’ll add below & then go to my buddy Boniy’d.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
First take just from snaps & never seeing him play. Watched him in training camp & like his footwork.

K. Williams had like 30 Snaps ? Only ran the ball 1 time for 9 yards.— take is Cam Akers SUCKS at blocking out of the backfield & The Rams need that support with poor O’Line play.

Cam Akers ran the ball well & Henderson as well from a stat line. —Saw Bonifyd’s stats above real quick just to add a little vision as well. Add Malcom Brown got cut,so more K. Williams on the way moving forward. Excited to see this rookie. Could be a steal(find) by Snead?

We are wondering about the CB’s? It has always been about David Long & Troy Hill being the starters. Both are healthy. Whether The Rams DB’s looked good or bad? I don’t know.

I also have a theory on The Rams playing players for comp picks.

Anyways Kendrick’s PI was BS!! LOVED Jalen Ramsey’s press conference as well.I think ALL RAM FANS that don’t respect Raheem Morris as a Rams coach can go (———- ) on with thereselfs.
Durant has talent,but his size is always going to be questioned.Film against him might expose his fame? Then again he has a lot of talent & might not be 109% as well. Not going to feed into him sitting. Shula is a good coach.
RR31 has been The Biggest disappointment. Now the 2021 draft looks worse all the time.I hope Harris can bulk up,but Hopkins has been a total bust.
—Take from Higbee is he had an Excellent Game. 8 targets & 8 catches. Wolford getting that 1st. Team Reps might have built that connection.???

Just a few takes.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Merlin said:

It is posts like this and other facts coupled with all the injuries that really resonates with me.
As much as any single factor and likely due to a compilation of all the concerns voiced on this forum, I see this team's lack of an identity as the most alarming, and dysfunctional of all of our issues.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Cobie Durant looked like a baller at the beginning of the season.

Wonder if he's still not 100%...? Sure wish either Rochell or Durant could step up to supplant either Long or Kendrick....

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing