Rams signings (Westbrooks, Longacre, Trinca-Pasat)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or Gotta Go to Work!
Or...
Tr2kgut.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need a Gif showing Gurley at a Press Conference saying "Why did you ask me that stupid @ss question?" lol

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm having trouble understanding the $1.8Mil. for Westbrooks. I've got to believe trading Hayes signaled our interest in drafting a young DE replacement. Are we going to carry more than 6 defensive linemen & 8 LB'ers ? Or are we going to carry extra DB's ? Seems Walker would easily displace Westbrooks at DE & DT. I feel the same about Trinca-Pasat beating out Westbrooks, although there may not be much film to support this theory, the little we did see of LT-P in pre-season looked good. Neither Westbrooks or Longacre had a great 2017 season, both seem easily replaceable. This is going to be one very interesting camp, with more real competition for roster spots than we have seen in quite a while. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
True that. Camp fodder or late depth if the draft goes south. jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm having trouble understanding the $1.8Mil. for Westbrooks. I've got to believe trading Hayes signaled our interest in drafting a young DE replacement. Are we going to carry more than 6 defensive linemen & 8 LB'ers ? Or are we going to carry extra DB's ? Seems Walker would easily displace Westbrooks at DE & DT. I feel the same about Trinca-Pasat beating out Westbrooks, although there may not be much film to support this theory, the little we did see of LT-P in pre-season looked good. Neither Westbrooks or Longacre had a great 2017 season, both seem easily replaceable. This is going to be one very interesting camp, with more real competition for roster spots than we have seen in quite a while. jmo.
I must have missed this tape where LT-P looked good. I seem to recall him being very bad every time he was on the field. As for Westbrooks contract it's a 1 year with no guaranteed. I'd wager the DLine is Brockers and Walker at DT with Donald, Westbrooks, Easley and Longacre at DE unless a rookie beats out one of them.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I must have missed this tape where LT-P looked good. I seem to recall him being very bad every time he was on the field. As for Westbrooks contract it's a 1 year with no guaranteed. I'd wager the DLine is Brockers and Walker at DT with Donald, Westbrooks, Easley and Longacre at DE unless a rookie beats out one of them.

I thought he showed an excellent first step for a guy built like a fire hydrant, and good pursuit & strength in wrapping up the ball carrier. He didn't have many snaps, but if he's 100% healthy, i'm rooting for him to beat out Westbrooks, who didn't show me anything last year. jmo.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I do feel bad for Sted. I really don't know that he'll ever play again. He'd actually be a pretty nice fit in a Mcvay offense I think but you have to do what you have to do. Hopefully WVU brings him on to be a coach.

From a pure football perspective, Woods essentially replaced Bailey. To me they are very similar players so signing Woods is the same as if Baily worked out and was extended.

Obviously from a personal side of things it is a real shame what happened to him and certainly which him the best.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I thought this was the No "we" in "team" .....wait, is it no "me" in "team"???? But you can't spell team without the "M" & "E".....LOLOL

I'm happy for Westbrooks...he's turning into a decent player....and oh yeah

didn't see any quit in his performance. I'm sure they're asking Donald which linemen to keep..

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Honestly guys, would you rather have Chris Long finishing his career as a Rams reserve, or do you want Westbrooks ? In limited action with the Pats last season Chris had 4 sacks, that's about what Westbrooks has had in his career. The money should be right about the same for both players. McVay could add another high quality, high octane veteran, and one of the most popular players of the last decade. jmo.