Rams Signing K Brett Maher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apologies for discussing football and Brett Maher on a football forum and and thread about ... Brett Maher.

Just thought it was a little interesting that Maher was technically NOT signed to the 53 man roster but is instead the 16th member of the Rams' Practice Squad. I'm guessing that this is about the rule that a veteran's salary is fully guaranteed if he is on the 53 for Week One.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming ...
"American History ... The James K. Polk to Jesse James Years"
focus, man. FOCUS.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Nah, it goes both ways. We joke around with each other, poke fun at the other's state, but really, we only joke because we care about each other. It's just that the Civil War era - and the Kansas/Missouri conflict in particular - is something I've researched tons about. Was going to write a fiction story about it (with the help of @ozarkram ), but with the current political climate, I decided otherwise.

So you're saying you like Leftoverture better?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If anything is coachable with Kickers you’d think it would be XP’s right?
I mean….it’s right there in front of you. Don’t aim just kick it. Idk maybe not.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's rather sad. Did he not run for re election or what?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Polk only ever wanted to run for one term, and he stated as much. Not as well known as the Founding Father Presidents (Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe), the badass asshole Andrew Jackson, Lincoln, the Roosevelts, Truman, or JFK, but a principled man, especially for his time and a very good president whom Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California can thank for bringing them into the U.S.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think you know this, but I am a transplanted Californian. My favorite college team was THE University of Southern California (about as Southern as I get!) Since I live in Kansas now and transported Mangino's team around Lawrence ("My Coach Can Eat Your Coach." guy.), I HAD to defend KU's honor!

That's fair to defend the honor of your states and the teams you've had positive experiences with; isn't that what we all do? I had to defend the honor of mine. Lifelong Missourian who listened to Missouri Tigers games as a little kid. I remember the times before Gary Pinkel, when we got blown-out by the likes of New Mexico State, where we were a joke. Now we're in the SEC and getting top recruits. It's crazy how much the culture changed, starting with Pinkel.

I loved researching the Civil War, even as a kid; it was so saddening to me then that we fought over things that seems so simple today.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I think you know this, but I am a transplanted Californian. My favorite college team was THE University of Southern California (about as Southern as I get!) Since I live in Kansas now and transported Mangino's team around Lawrence ("My Coach Can Eat Your Coach." guy.), I HAD to defend KU's honor!
When I was a mere lad my fave college team was also USC. Used to love the 'ol moniker "Tailback U." Several questions for you, Loyal.
1) What city did you live in Cali?
2) What do you mean "transported Mangino's team around?"

~ArkyRamsFan~

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I was a mere lad my fave college team was also USC. Used to love the 'ol moniker "Tailback U." Several questions for you, Loyal.
1) What city did you live in Cali?
2) What do you mean "transported Mangino's team around?"

~ArkyRamsFan~
I was born in Whittier, California. I remember watching OJ Simpson rush for USC and thought I remember Mike Garrett before him, but that's not possible because I was too young.

Mangino was the HC for the KU Jayhawks for a while. He would contract with my tour bus company to have his team transported WITHIN KU. We'd pick up players where they left there cars (mostly near the stadium on game day) and take them for their morning meal and suiting up for the game. Mangino would be waiting, tapping his fat foot impatiently if we were even a minute late. After a few hours of our idling, he would require buses to be as absolutely as cold as possible! I would often wear a parka while driving because it was so damn cold. Anyway, we'd transport the team in three 45 foot tour buses to the game. STay at the game and take those that needed a ride back to Allen Field House afterwards. It was several hours of waiting around and driving less than a couple of miles around campus.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Maher is an anagram for He Ram.

We couldn’t sign Gould. Ug, old.

he-man-laughing.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apologies for discussing football and Brett Maher on a football forum and and thread about ... Brett Maher.

Just thought it was a little interesting that Maher was technically NOT signed to the 53 man roster but is instead the 16th member of the Rams' Practice Squad. I'm guessing that this is about the rule that a veteran's salary is fully guaranteed if he is on the 53 for Week One.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming ...
"American History ... The James K. Polk to Jesse James Years"
This is actually a brilliant move and sadly the thread derail is preventing discussion therof
They can "promote him" from the PS for game 1 vs guaranteeing his salary for the year.
Ver shrewd move indeed, however it also doesnt exactly instill much confidence in him either