Rams signing Jimmy G

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure it's league minimum because he's kinda on the ride Russell Wilson is on. He's getting paid by his old team. League vet mini is about $1M isn't it?
Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

But wow Jimmy G losing out on the 11m guarantee from the Raiders because of the PEDs, what a doofus. :wow2:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wow. Makes you wonder what’s going on in Wentz head.
I’d think he’d have taken that deal had it been offered

Well REALLY ? I wonder what SUPER BOWL MVP Nick Foles is thinking. LMFAO !!

Say what you want,or think what you want.The Rams signing Jimmy G is way better than having Carson Wentz as a backup.

Jimmy G is a gun slinger & is going to make The Rams better & give them a chance to win if anything were to happen to Matthew Stafford. Sean Mcvay has & sold him on that vision.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It is going to feel weird wanting Jimmy G to play well in the preseason. But at least the Rams arent delusional and bringing him in to compete with Stafford. Unlike his 2 previous teams the Rams understand he is back up material that could start in a pinch.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One other thing with Jimmy is when some unfortunate team or teams lose their QB early in the season they'll start making calls for replacements. And Jimmy is one of the guys they'll target.

Now I am sure Trader Les will let them know how happy he is with Jimmy at that point. And from there maybe those discussions yield us something unexpected. Teams can get desperate at the wire.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
One other thing with Jimmy is when some unfortunate team or teams lose their QB early in the season they'll start making calls for replacements. And Jimmy is one of the guys they'll target.

Now I am sure Trader Les will let them know how happy he is with Jimmy at that point. And from there maybe those discussions yield us something unexpected. Teams can get desperate at the wire.
Thats a good point.

Probably depends on where Bennett is at in his development.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Here is a bit of perspective on Wentz. In recent years, QBs at the bottom of the league when it comes to passing over the middle of the field, are Fields, Hurts, and Wentz. So he clearly wasn’t a great fit for the Rams offense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It’ll be nice to have an experienced backup in there who can execute the short game stuff accurately.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Unfortunately, many of you guys are Just missing the Point; and sadly a few may be afraid to be honest.

When evaluating Wentz vs. Garoppolo vs. other potential back-up-QBs ... Yes, of course experience counts ... as does locker-room leadership. Arm-strength and accuracy are critically important. Athletic ability is a factor.

But Jimmy Garoppolo has one trait that No One else can offer ...
View attachment 64839

It's that Smile ... YOU know it ... I know it ... Hate it if you must but it's Captivating! Embrace It!

It won't work against all opponents but some defensive players will see that smile before the ball is snapped, and freeze for just a moment. That is all the Rams' offensive talent will need!

It's the Smile Boys!
My wife asked me why would people laugh at him...He's a really good-looking guy...My response: You're not a rams man, baby...And who would trust your taste in a guy's looks...You think I'm good looking !!!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
WTF.

This will take some getting used to.

This picture looks... wrong.

IMG_1392.jpeg

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Wow. Makes you wonder what’s going on in Wentz head.
I’d think he’d have taken that deal had it been offered
Two things come to mind:
1) did the Rams even make an offer to wentz? How bad, if at all, did they want him back?
2) if the Rams DID try to bring back wentz, just how much could this guy think he’s worth at this point?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Two things come to mind:
1) did the Rams even make an offer to wentz? How bad, if at all, did they want him back?
2) if the Rams DID try to bring back wentz, just how much could this guy think he’s worth at this point?
Wentz really doesn’t fit the Rams offense. He was always bottom of the league for throwing in the middle of the field. He was a desperation signing.

In that game against the 49ers, LaFluer made the game plan and they didn’t use the Rams usual offense because that is not playing to what Wentz is able to do.