Rams signed to reserve/futures deals:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Good to know Banks, Perkins and Rozeboom have a little momentum in the building going into next training camp.

I've been intrigued with Jonah Williams and Hoecht after I saw their college highlights. With Banks in the mix, maybe one of them can step up and take Morgan Fox's role if he gets a deal elsewhere.

Is this the year they make the big changes at P and LS to save the money? Hekker was very average this year. Without Bones, I don't know how valuable his throwing ability is to the staff.

This will be the year to sink or swim for Kendall Blanton. Hopkins will bump up to the #2 role so I think Blanton's chance is to make it as the blocking TE and on ST.

Some decent internal options developing, imo.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can't wait to see these guys at TC. I expect several will contribute next season. Hopefully covid 19 will be on the downside enough for fans to attend TC. Really missed not going this past season. I'll be there every day and posting reports here.

Tano

Legend
I just saw that Aaron Donald had torn rib cartilage. Wasn't exactly sure what injury he had. Ouch.

And he still played thru that.

That would hurt every time he got hit in the gut and I know GB OL were doing that.

Plus he probably wasn't able to twist as well.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just saw that Aaron Donald had torn rib cartilage. Wasn't exactly sure what injury he had. Ouch.

That would hurt every time he got hit in the gut and I know GB OL were doing that.

I had that happen to me a few years ago and it’s very painful every time you move. I’m sure he wasn’t any better than 50% and endured a lot of pain. Damn Wilson

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I enjoy following the progress of Practice Squad players.

Especially important for the 2021 Rams. With fewer draft choices and cap restrictions, it will be important to find some players for the back end of the roster. Among this group, I have particular interest in the DL and the LB Rozeboom.

I think of players like Malcolm Brown, Johnny Mundt, John Wolford, Nsimba Webster, Morgan Fox, Troy Reeder, Darious Williams and Troy Hill.

All those players were either undrafted free agents or released by other teams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Praise the lord, they are keeping Demby.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
:shock:
Most all the draft prospectives said that it would take time for Jamil to develop. Looks like he has developed into a regular on the Practice Squad. This upcoming season will be his 4th Training Camp.

Demby's contract is certainly easy on Demoff & fits the current issues facing the Rams with the salary cap. You would think that he has full knowledge of Kromer's blocking scheme by now.:rolleyes:

Rams might be pushed hard to trade 5 tech/3 tech Brocker's high-end contract that pays him over $21 million for the next two seasons. They also have to replace the top DL back up UFA Morgan Fox. That's where those 4 PS DL'ers come into play.

Four listed DL'ers on that original tweet labored hard in the PS last season...... has great interest to me watching them in TC this season & how well they might develop. Williams is more versatile & has some tweener in him. He can play some 34 D edge rusher or DL 5 tech/3 tech DT posts. Copeland is entering his 2nd TC under coach Henderson. Copeland's best post is at the 5 tech. Banks also have been around Henderson for some time too. He is far more of 3 tech type behind AD. Hoecht a Canadian product is more NT but can play all the interior posts.

With NT Joseph Day good improvement now going into his 4th season, he might be a better overall fit & far less costly than Brockers @ the 5 tech post. Gaines sure looks ready to start NT with Hoeht as his back up. Robinson might fill the top rotational run down relief. Banks looks to fill the Morgan Fox top rotational relief role as a pass rusher. Copeland can back up SJD @ the 5 tech post.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Most all the draft prospectives said that it would take time for Jamil to develop. Looks like he has developed into a regular on the Practice Squad. This upcoming season will be his 4th Training Camp.

Demby's contract is certainly easy on Demoff & fits the current issues facing the Rams with the salary cap. You would think that he has full knowledge of Kromer's blocking scheme by now.:rolleyes:

Rams might be pushed hard to trade 5 tech/3 tech Brocker's high-end contract that pays him over $21 million for the next two seasons. They also have to replace the top DL back up UFA Morgan Fox. That's where those 4 PS DL'ers come into play.

Four listed DL'ers on that original tweet labored hard in the PS last season...... has great interest to me watching them in TC this season & how well they might develop. Williams is more versatile & has some tweener in him. He can play some 34 D edge rusher or DL 5 tech/3 tech DT posts. Copeland is entering his 2nd TC under coach Henderson. Copeland's best post is at the 5 tech. Banks also have been around Henderson for some time too. He is far more of 3 tech type behind AD. Hoecht a Canadian product is more NT but can play all the interior posts.

With NT Joseph Day good improvement now going into his 4th season, he might be a better overall fit & far less costly than Brockers @ the 5 tech post. Gaines sure looks ready to start NT with Hoeht as his back up. Robinson might fill the top rotational run down relief. Banks looks to fill the Morgan Fox top rotational relief role as a pass rusher. Copeland can back up SJD @ the 5 tech post.

I hope your optimism is accurately placed. For every Morgan fox they have 4-5 Ray Rays and Patricks.

Hoecht looks promising and so does Copeland. If they get two good rotational players off the Practice squad theywill be doing Pretty good

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hope your optimism is accurately placed. For every Morgan fox they have 4-5 Ray Rays and Patricks.

Hoecht looks promising and so does Copeland. If they get two good rotational players off the Practice squad theywill be doing Pretty good

As does Jonah Williams. And you have Banks, who actually made the team, so they obviously see something in him as well.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Jake McQuaide was an awesome Ram and he will be missed.

For all of our focus on QBs, a bad snap on a FG can make the difference between winning and losing.

Hopefully, whoever is our LS going forward is as good or better than McQuaide.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

We need to keep our DL together. They're the reason were the top D last year. They compensated for our ILB deficiencies and speed up the QBs clock, limiting the exposure of Williams and Hill.

The performance of our D will drop without Brockers.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We need to keep our DL together. They're the reason were the top D last year. They compensated for our ILB deficiencies and speed up the QBs clock, limiting the exposure of Williams and Hill.

The performance of our D will drop without Brockers.
I have always been all in for improving & adding as much power & talent to be invested in your DL & OL. However, I see DL Sebastien Joseph-Day's skill as greatly improving...same for DL Greg Gaines both very young & working on the cheap! I also see a needed post to open up the new young talented A'Shawn Robinson who can play any of the front DL posts to help Aaron Donald. Robinson needs to start Rams are paying Robinson to start. Robinson will be here for 2 more seasons.

Rams carried FOUR young DL'ers on the Practice Squad last season & resigned all 4. I am sure that the Rams have high plans on these 4 DL'ers this season with one Copeland entering his 3rd Training Camp with the Rams. The other 3 DL'ers entering their 2nd TC. All of these four DL:'ers can play the 5 tech Brocker's post.

Rams have already let Brockers test the UFA'cy market once recently before just last year! Demoff might be able to get close to $21 million coming back into his salary cap if the Rams trade this DL'er before 6-1-2021. The loss of Brockers from the 2021 & 2022 seasons would not be a game-changer.

Brockers would offer some really good value in a 43 defense. Giving Demoff/ Snead a very big stash of cash for the next two seasons to spend. Snead/Demoff will need to have the team desiring to want the trade for Brockers eat the dead cap numbers that round $1.3 mil per season too.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Rams have already let Brockers test the UFA'cy market once before just last year! Demoff will get $24 million coming back into his salary cap if the Rams trade this DL'er while he still has some good value in the NFL & to other NFL teams. That's a very big stash of cash that needed badly.
Curious how you got to $24M?

From what I see, the Rams get $5.7M of 2021 cap relief by releasing Brockers; and around $7M if they can trade him.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jake McQuaide was an awesome Ram and he will be missed.

For all of our focus on QBs, a bad snap on a FG can make the difference between winning and losing.

Hopefully, whoever is our LS going forward is as good or better than McQuaide.
Honestly, I don't know that there is a Better than Jake has been. I cannot remember a single bad snap by that guy. He is a Machine.

Tano

Legend
Honestly, I don't know that there is a Better than Jake has been. I cannot remember a single bad snap by that guy. He is a Machine.
I never had to worry about a bad snap on a punt or field goal with Jake there

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Curious how you got to $24M?

From what I see, the Rams get $5.7M of 2021 cap relief by releasing Brockers; and around $7M if they can trade him.
Good catch I was moving fast I should have doubled checked myself. The number I posted was for cost of AW for the 2021/2022 seasons! My bad.

Spotrack has DT Micheal Brockers Cap hits for 2021/2022 seasons @ just under $21 million.
Michael Brockers Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

OTC has the same numbers.
Michael Brockers Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Looking deeper on that trade of Brockers pre 6-1-2021 would result in some dead funds.....$1.3 mil in 2021 & $1.3 mil in 2022. So there are some variations.

I am going to go back to my original post & make the needed figure changes.

Last edited: