Rams sign WR to practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
https://maroonandwhitenation.com/20...e-football-fred-brown-gets-opportunity-colts/

Mississippi State Football: Fred Brown Gets Opportunity with Colts
Fred-Brown-by-Wesley-Hitt-Getty-Images-DRC_9374_cr8bh1.jpg

Former Mississippi State wide receiver has received an opportunity to compete for a possible roster spot for the Indianapolis Colts.

Want your voice heard? Join the Maroon and White Nation team!

Mississippi State had a season for the ages in 2014. Led by Dak Prescott and company, the Bulldogs reached number one in the country for the first time in school history. The team stayed at the top of the polls for as long as five weeks.

Mississippi State beat LSU in Death Valley, beat Kenny Trill and the Aggies, and beat Auburn in a 2-versus-3 match-up in three consecutive games. The Bulldogs hosted College Game Day and Dak Prescott was a Heisman contender for much of the season. Starkville was the center of the college football universe. The team went on to win another nine games the following season, giving the program 19 wins over two years.

Dak Prescott, Josh Robinson, De’Runnya Wilson, and Fred Ross are who get the most recognition from those explosive offenses, but they weren’t alone. Fred Brown was a big contributor during two seasons in Starkville.

During the 2014 and 2015 seasons, Fred Brown totaled a combined 45 catches for 711 yards and 5 touchdowns for the Bulldogs. He made key plays for Dak and often kept the chains moving, as he averaged more than 15 yards per reception during his sophomore and junior seasons.

Unfortunately, due to an honor code violation, Brown was unable to play his senior season. Brown, reportedly, violated Mississippi State’s honor code and was dismissed from the school prior to his senior season at State.

Mississippi State wide receiver Fred Brown has been dismissed from the university as a result of violating the student honor code, a source told the Clarion-Ledger on Thursday.

MSU confirmed that Brown is no longer a student at the university. There was no further information regarding the dismissal at this time.

With that said, it is awesome to see Brown learn from his previous mistake and bounce back in a big way. Earlier this week, the Colts announced that they have signed the former MSU receiver.

Here is what Kirk Larrabee of Colts 247 has to say about the report:

The Indianapolis Colts announced multiple roster moves on Thursday as mandatory mini-camp came to a close. The team signed wide receivers Harvey Binford and Fred Brown along with linebacker Jeremiah George while waiving wide receivers Marcus Leak and Al-Damion Riles and defensive lineman Kristjan Sokoli.

-Fred Brown: Brown (6-1, 196) had 50 catches for 785 yards and five touchdowns in three seasons at Mississippi State before being dismissed from the university for violating the school’s student honor code (Brown later explained he was dismissed for plagiarism after failing to make proper citations in his schoolwork). Brown declared for the NFL draft and went undrafted. He ran a 4.48 at his pro day in March and was rated as the No. 100 receiver prospect by nfldraftscout.com.

Brown will need to show he can play on special teams and do everything the coaching staff asks him to do in order to have a chance at making the roster or practice sqaud. After seeing his college career end abruptly, it is awesome that Fred Brown has another opportunity to do what he loves.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honor Code Violation? Why hasn't he been signed by the Cowboys?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Fred Brown?

Sounds like an 85 year old, not an NFL player.

I don't trust him :cautious:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Here are some stats for you stat guys...

Dates:
03/22/17
Height: 6007
Weight: 199
40 Yrd Dash: 4.48
20 Yrd Dash: 2.57
10 Yrd Dash: 1.52 225 Lb.
Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 37
Broad Jump: 09'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32
3-Cone Drill: 6.82

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
-Fred Brown: Brown (6-1, 196) .................He ran a 4.48 at his pro day in March and was rated as the No. 100 receiver prospect by nfldraftscout.com.

I seriously believe the punt returns and kickoff returns....probably Bones is seeing his own ST Coordinator job flashing before his eyes....ST's almost lost the game.....and he said....after a Monday bobble...hey lets get a returner in here...

Again

Note that 4.4 speed baby!!!!

#nomore4.6's

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Downtown Freddy Brown!! Great signing.
156.jpg

You guys are going to love this guy. He will really solidify our back court, and give Byron Scott a rest in the fourth quarter....(n) Oh crap. Wrong forum...nevermind.

2278-16.jpg

Oh crap...wrong decade too!!!

:banghead:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here are some stats for you stat guys...

Dates:
03/22/17
Height:
Weight: 199
40 Yrd Dash: 4.48
20 Yrd Dash: 2.57
10 Yrd Dash: 1.52 225 Lb.
Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 37
Broad Jump: 09'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32
3-Cone Drill: 6.82
He has a nice Vertical Jump and Good shuttle and 3 cone times! I'm sure McVay was looking at those closely, he showed a tendency too in the Draft! ( and that's a nice 40 time too!)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
https://www.seccountry.com/mississi...g-for-dismissal-plans-to-enter-2017-nfl-draft
I am forever grateful for the opportunity to have been a part of such a great university and great football family. Next, I would like to address the “honor code” situation. I was dismissed on plagiarism or failing to correctly site proper citations, which is an honor code violation. I take and accept full responsibility for my actions as a student/athlete. I have learned and grown from my mistakes, which have helped me, mature into a better man. I have dealt with this adversity and I’m now focused on accomplishing my goals, which include obtaining my degree and pursuing my professional football career.

I’m now ready to start the next chapter of my life. After much prayer and consideration regarding moving forward in my life, i have decided that I will return to Mississippi State to obtain my degree in the spring 2017 semester. I also would like to officially announce my intentions to enter the 2017 NFL Draft and participate in Mississippi State’s football Pro Day. First, I want to thank God for blessing me with this opportunity he has given me. Without him none of this will be possible. I would like to especially thank my family for standing by my side with their unwavering love and support. I would also like to personally thank to the MSU faculty and staff, and countless others. Your encouragement and support helped me thought my journey.”
Sounds like a trouble maker to me....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think they're just using that practice squad the right way: as a tool for constantly evaluating potential upgrades and/or guys they think might be able to be coached up into something at this level.

Competition even on the PS. I love it.