Rams sign WR Nick Toon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@RossJonesFOX: #Rams to sign WR Nick Toon, per source. Toon had workouts with #Rams and #Seahawks last week.

Beats me.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Is this Al Toon's son, think he went to Wisconsin, also drafted by Saints in 4th or 5th round in 2013, I think ?

If so I'm puzzled with Quick's status as well. Other than Britt our WR's have been camouflaged the last 2 games. Maybe it's time to go 2 TE set with Kendricks and Harkey as others mentioned already. Yet Cook has had AZ's number too.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Hey look, I was right.

Givens just had that really nice end around though, so I don't know if he's the one who'll be axed anymore, but I'm like this move a lot. Toon is a low risk, high reward kind of guy. He's got really good hands, really good route running and is a great blocker. Durability is an issue of his, and it's the only reason why he's off the Saints right now.

If he can stay healthy he's a great go to guy when the going gets tough, because he can chip in on blocks for our running plays, and he'll almost always be open for Foles. Not a bad move by the Rams.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
Hey look, I was right.

Givens just had that really nice end around though, so I don't know if he's the one who'll be axed anymore, but I'm like this move a lot. Toon is a low risk, high reward kind of guy. He's got really good hands, really good route running and is a great blocker. Durability is an issue of his, and it's the only reason why he's off the Saints right now.

If he can stay healthy he's a great go to guy when the going gets tough, because he can chip in on blocks for our running plays, and he'll almost always be open for Foles. Not a bad move by the Rams.

If he's all that, why was he on the street?

SierraRam

Recreational User
Is this Al Toon's son, think he went to Wisconsin, also drafted by Saints in 4th or 5th round in 2013, I think ?

Not sure - google search didn't help much
images

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If he's all that, why was he on the street?
If this comes across as snippy, I'm sorry that's not my intent, but did you read my post fully?

Like I said, the guy just couldn't stay healthy. Like Amendola to us, his skills to the Saints didn't warrant them paying him to sit on their bench and look pretty while others were stepping up around him.

But as we've seen with Amendola, sometimes a change of scenery and strength and conditioning is all the help in the world. Now he's suddenly not as injury prone and an accident walking to happen now that he's in New England. I have hopes that maybe our change of pace can help Toon realize some of his potential.

I know one thing, I'm rooting for the guy as the newest Ram.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

If so I'm puzzled with Quick's status as well. Other than Britt our WR's have been camouflaged the last 2 games. Maybe it's time to go 2 TE set with Kendricks and Harkey as others mentioned already. Yet Cook has had AZ's number too.

That's what I was thinking
I remember watching Al Toon play in Anaheim stadium when I was a kid
Fisher loves hose bloodlines

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
What... huh... why? Really, why? I mean, he was (and remains) a nice physical specimen at 6'4" 220-ish with 4.4 speed, but he's never really done anything in the NFL and had a high ankle sprain at the end of August. What?

Huh?

Why?

Quick?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but I have to agree with the guys who really don't get the Quick thing...Suddenly they need another WR ??? Huh ??? Fisher certainly doesn't feel any burning need to keep the fans even remotely informed abouit this football team..I've been a supporter of his but he's quickly alienating me..I'm tired of the under achieving, the losing, the silence .. etc, etc, etc..I guess I'm just tired...