Rams sign wr Austin Hill and David Richards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I thought I read somewhere that Fisher said they wanted to improve the bottom roster at this position but I might be wrong

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher –– July 31, 2016

(Opening remarks)

“Alright, day two, day two with everybody. Update on (WR) Tavon (Austin), he’s fine, he got a little dehydrated. He was cramping a little bit, so he’ll be fine. He’s not going to miss any practice, won’t miss any time. Great lesson to be learned there, I heard that, for some reason he didn’t eat lunch. Go figure. So anyway, a good message for the rest of the team. He’s doing fine, he’s having a great camp, he’s in great shape. No worries there. We released (WR) Deon Long this morning. We’ll probably bring some receivers in; we’re just trying to upgrade the bottom part of our roster. (WR) Kenny Britt was excused from practice today; he’ll be back in the swing of things tonight in meetings and tomorrow.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
How many relievers do we need for camp? I thought we had way too many as is but I guess they really want these guys to compete . We could definitely use some good relievers this year our offense needs guys that will get open

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
We would be smart just to cut ties with Mason. His mental health state is a catastrophe right now.

Yes, because that wouldn't make things way worse. He doesn't count for the 90, so who cares? If you know anything about depression, you'd know that firing a guy for having it, will just send him over the edge. The Rams don't do that. They offer help, and act accordingly. Nobody knows where he is. For all we know, he could be getting help. If he can get his head on straight, he's a talented back, and I would want him on this team. Let's not act like he's Manziel or Josh Gordon. He deserves a chance to revive things. Just needs to get the help.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
We would be smart just to cut ties with Mason. His mental health state is a catastrophe right now.

Yeah man I agree with @JackDRams on this one. You don't know his situation so be careful making quick judgements. For all we know he could have depression or CTE. Go watch the movie Concussion and it'll make you think twice about making a quick judgement on players in situations like this.

Nothing against you personally just saying I think this could be a lot more serious than some guy holding out from camp so people need to stop saying "cut his ass" and things along those lines.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I don't get how cutting Mason would affect his mental health when clearly he is demonstrating that he doesn't give a shit about his job. He hasn't reported to coach or reached out to teammates but instead has gone off the grid! And even if he's at rehab or a hospital why the fuck doesn't he report?

And who says it's depression? I haven't read that anywhere. Where is the report on Tre Mason suffering depression? My guess (just like your guesses) are that his problems stem from cocaine. I mean he proves he can't hang with Gurley and he got set off.

I have no issue cutting the guy regardless of his mental state. Right now in his current state of mind there is proof he gives not one care about his job, so let's move on. If he gets the help he needs, either rehab or mental help etc., and when he is fully recovered maybe we give him a tryout again as will other NFL teams if he gets things back on the straight and narrow

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Another thing too is that Fisher will cut your ass like a bad habit just as much as he's benevolent to dudes like Stedman and the WR from Mizzou -- just ask Ray Ray and another guy with "serious Mental Issues" with a guy like Titus Young

Where was the Rams support for the depressed mind of Titus?

So let's not make this out to be anything more than it is - that the reason Tre Mason isn't cut yet is cause it's not the right time to have to make that move. When the time comes to cut bait they will do it in a heartbeat

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Dieter the Brock
you are too cold man....lol! ease up....a lil compassion...why is your heart so hard? jk....he needs the nfl insurance if anything....

Groh has got in Snishers ear....and said...we need some 6'3 -6'4 dudes to help my boy Goff out....Groh & Gase love guys that can go up and get the ball....

Quick better get his game right...and North, Thomas, duke, and McRoberts better be worried too.....

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
@Dieter the Brock
you are too cold man....lol! ease up....a lil compassion...why is your heart so hard? jk....he needs the nfl insurance if anything....

Groh has got in Snishers ear....and said...we need some 6'3 -6'4 dudes to help my boy Goff out....Groh & Gase love guys that can go up and get the ball....

Quick better get his game right...and North, Thomas, duke, and McRoberts better be worried too.....
If I was a WR on the Rams especially Quick and the UDFAs I would be very worried. The Rams might not be happy with what they have seen so far.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Yes, because that wouldn't make things way worse. He doesn't count for the 90, so who cares? If you know anything about depression, you'd know that firing a guy for having it, will just send him over the edge. The Rams don't do that. They offer help, and act accordingly. Nobody knows where he is. For all we know, he could be getting help. If he can get his head on straight, he's a talented back, and I would want him on this team. Let's not act like he's Manziel or Josh Gordon. He deserves a chance to revive things. Just needs to get the help.

Yeah man I agree with @JackDRams on this one. You don't know his situation so be careful making quick judgements. For all we know he could have depression or CTE. Go watch the movie Concussion and it'll make you think twice about making a quick judgement on players in situations like this.

Nothing against you personally just saying I think this could be a lot more serious than some guy holding out from camp so people need to stop saying "cut his ass" and things along those lines.

I agree that it is a delicate matter but I don't think you avoid letting someone go for fear of them being more depressed. Many players are released for much less in the NFL these days and Mason has made zero effort to contact the team (players or coaches) about his condition or even be a part of it. The organization can still give him help even if he is no longer with the team but it's not a good look for the franchise when you have a player that is acting so rash.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

where is this depression talk coming from? from all the reports i've read it sounds like he's an ice fiend. that shit can really fuck you up and make your family's life hell in the process.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
where is this depression talk coming from? from all the reports i've read it sounds like he's an ice fiend. that crap can really freak you up and make your family's life hell in the process.

I didn't know about any of that. I assume depression because of his random outbursts, and seclusion. Even members on here that have seen him say he keeps to himself and seems distant. Which is a sign of depression. In the end, we're all just guessing.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I agree that it is a delicate matter but I don't think you avoid letting someone go for fear of them being more depressed. Many players are released for much less in the NFL these days and Mason has made zero effort to contact the team (players or coaches) about his condition or even be a part of it. The organization can still give him help even if he is no longer with the team but it's not a good look for the franchise when you have a player that is acting so rash.

I think the main thing is that no one knows what's wrong with him, so we're kind of just speculating. It's one thing to cut a guy who is beating his girlfriend or doing all kinds of drugs, but no one knows what's wrong with Tre.

You say it doesn't look good for the franchise to keep someone around that disappears, but what if we find out the guy commits suicide because of CTE symptoms? That ain't gonna look good for the franchise or the NFL as a whole.

Bottom line is have some morals and look out for someone until you can at least find out what their deal is. Doesn't matter much anyway cause he doesn't count towards the roster right now.