Rams sign Steven Jackson, he retires as a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
yxqee8vl8lffkokpp7ky.jpg

Myles Simmons
RAMS INSIDER

Running back Steven Jackson made countless plays over the course of his career as a Ram.

He made an impact from the time he entered the league as a first-round pick out of Oregon State. He rushed for 673 yards and four touchdowns as a rookie in 2004 — helping the Rams secure a playoff berth and defeat the Seahawks in the Wild Card round.

wzcfmlcqwtla2iihsj7n.jpg

From there, Jackson recorded eight consecutive seasons with 1,000 yards rushing from 2005-2012 — his last season with the club. In the process, Jackson became the Rams’ all-time leading rusher with 10,138 yards in 131 games.

Now as the Rams continue their 2019 training camp, Jackson has signed a one-day contract to retire as a member of the organization.

It’s fitting for someone who has meant so much to the franchise. And as No. 18 in all-time rushing yards — one of just 21 players to eclipse 11,000 — Jackson has a case to eventually be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Happy to see him retire here, all his hard work kept us from completely sinking during those dark years.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Notice the jersey. That will be what we wear next year!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But it would be cool to see him get one last touchdown as a Ram

jjab360

Legend
One of the all time greats. Disappointing how we wasted so much of his career, but he never let the situation around him get him down. The ultimate pro.

Ram65

Legend
SJ39 was the lifeline during the Rams deep depression years. He kept me sain watching Rams football which is saying a lot. He is the type of player that you want to have around the organization for the rest of his life. He is a person young players can look up to.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd give him a carry in the Super Bowl! Punch it in SJAX!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was so stoked when the Rams signed him. I got to watch him play in college in that OSU was our "local" college team and my son had his eyes set on going to the school for engineering - which he did before joining the Air Force.

The guy was a great Ram and truly a beast.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was so stoked when the Rams signed him. I got to watch him play in college in that OSU was our "local" college team and my son had his eyes set on going to the school for engineering - which he did before joining the Air Force.

The guy was a great Ram and truly a beast.
Sure was, my Beaver Believer!
RhfuLK8.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bout time. Nicely done. (y)

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'd give him a carry in the Super Bowl! Punch it in SJAX!
Man if we were in the position in the super bowl this season, and we're up enough in the last seconds of the game, nothing would be sweeter than to see him run one in to seal it.