Rams should've kept Kellen Clemens : Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
QB is arguably the most important position in the game. The jury is still out on Bradford, they need to draft a guy who can push or compete with Bradford. Worst case scenario is Bradford emerges and the young QB you develop can be traded. If the Rams trade back at 2 and grab an extra 2nd, I would love to see Jimmy Garappolo in horns.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I like Killer... but I'm gonna like someone else better.

The waves are firing in San Diego Brah.

We got Football games to win in The Lou.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I wish we had kept Clemens or grabbed McCown. They need that maturity.

We need a young QB who we can at least hope can compete by mid season. I'm not worried about long term right now. I want a 2014 that kicks ass. We can grab a future QB later.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rex Grossman played for $1.3 mill last year, he took a run first team to the SB once ,I'd say he's acceptable.
Thats what I'm talking about. Rex is the perfect #2, while they draft a kid in the latter rounds.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I look at it this way,he's been playing behind terrible protection,and bad WR's for 4 years...you know about all that...and the only time he's missed was that 6 gm's with a high ankle sprain from getting crushed in the pocket over and over again trying to learn a new offense every year. Before that the shoulder injury at OU,which hasn't re-materialized since.

IMO the ACL was just one of those things that happens. He's a pocket QB who can move around outside the pocket better than he can inside the pocket it seems. We've seen him take some vicious hits,and he gets right up. Injury prone is a term i save for guys like Saffold,who can't take a hit(physicality of the game in relation to his position).

Sam's biggest hurdle in 2014 will be to get his team to the playoffs. I don't see evidence that Sam is a fragile QB. He just needs to get better.

You make good points. This is his last chance to prove you correct. If he gets injured this season regardless of the reasons, I see the Rams moving on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The talent is so thin around the league at starting QB. I'm not as concerned with Bradfords health as you or many others,probably. I dont consider him injury prone and i'll stand by that.
So it was just 3 "freak" injuries in 5 years? Given his track record, he'll take every snap THIS year. It's next year he's due for his "freak" injury.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So it was just 3 "freak" injuries in 5 years? Given his track record, he'll take every snap THIS year. It's next year he's due for his "freak" injury.
Just the one ACL injury was,Dieter. Pay attention! ;)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You make good points. This is his last chance to prove you correct. If he gets injured this season regardless of the reasons, I see the Rams moving on.
Agree 100%...along with Shotty as OC. He'll be gone too.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Ryan Fitzpatrick is available. Adding him and a rookie would make the QB depth chart look nice IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ryan Fitzpatrick is available. Adding him and a rookie would make the QB depth chart look nice IMO.
I sure hope not. Fitz is an absolute check down machine. We need Bradford to throw downfield more often. Not more often than his backup....

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Why? So he can prove what limited upside he had? Bradford can mentor a newbie. I would like someone who at least has the upside to carry the team if Sam gets hurt.

Clemens was OK for the most part. Lots of options.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Umm, It looks like Rams will draft Johnny Football with their first pick. Of course I wouldn't say something so insane, if I wasn't wearing a flak jacket and body armor.