Rams scouts at Clemson vetting... you know who

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
They will interview all of the top draft candidates coaches ,except Manzeil.
Bets are they go from there to SC. NOT USC BTW

jjab360

Legend
Including Manziel. Every top draft prospect's coaches and closest teammates are going to get the shakedown from the Rams. Leave no stone unturned, even if it seems unlikely you might go down that route.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If they did not go it would be news. I bet they even talk to him at the combine :eek:

Shawnbb158

Starter

They ABSOLUTELY will interview Texas A&M coaches.... not for Manzeil but for teammates Matthews and Evans :)

A55VA6

Legend
Good to know. I'd be shocked if they weren't interested in Watkins. Les Snead has said that fans everywhere constantly bring up Sammy Watkins. So at least he knows we want him. lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They'll interview and workout Manziel for sure.......it just ups the ante or at least will create a little urgency.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Including Manziel. Every top draft prospect's coaches and closest teammates are going to get the shakedown from the Rams. Leave no stone unturned, even if it seems unlikely you might go down that route.

IMHO unlikely Manziel. They just are not going to take a QB that high, unless they are going to turn around and trade him.

jjab360

Legend
IMHO unlikely Manziel. They just are not going to take a QB that high, unless they are going to turn around and trade him.
You're missing the point. Even if it's to find out more about his relationship with Mike Evans or Jake Matthews, Rams scouts are going to talk with his coaches about him one way or another. And besides, you want to prepare for everything, and if the unimaginable happens and he's still there in the second round or something like that, you want to have all the information available to know if he's the right fit for your team.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
You're missing the point. Even if it's to find out more about his relationship with Mike Evans or Jake Matthews, Rams scouts are going to talk with his coaches about him one way or another. And besides, you want to prepare for everything, and if the unimaginable happens and he's still there in the second round or something like that, you want to have all the information available to know if he's the right fit for your team.

Respectfully, I don't think I'm missing the point. Talking to him/his coaches regarding another player may happen, but that's a different context.

Although, I suppose you may do it if you think you may be forced to take him for trade purposes - you would want to know about him as that would play on how you market him and to whom you would market him for a trade.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams scouts are going to talk with his coaches about him one way or another. And besides, you want to prepare for everything, and if the unimaginable happens and he's still there in the second round or something like that, you want to have all the information available to know if he's the right fit for your team.

they don't want to get caught out like martz and his cronies when they picked jimmy kennedy. fell like a rock for a reason and the rams were the dullards that took him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They sent scouts to check into Brandon Thomas?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Man I keep forgetting the damned blue font.
Manzeil was a joke ,they will ask after every top prospect ,every one and may even send someone to a few surprise pro days.
They have to keep people guessing.
But I KNOW WHAT'S THEY'RE UP TO,THEY WANTS THE PRECIOUS

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The way Bailey came on towards the end of the year, Tavon in year 2, Givens in 3, and throw in Sammy Watkins, we will see what Sam is capable of.

There isn't a defensive backfield that can handle that much speed. Go ahead and play deep, Stacy will wreck your shit.

A55VA6

Legend
I think Manziel will be pretty good whoever drafts him. Or he could end up absolutely terrible. People are saying he's the next Tebow.. lol

A55VA6

Legend
The way Bailey came on towards the end of the year, Tavon in year 2, Givens in 3, and throw in Sammy Watkins, we will see what Sam is capable of.

There isn't a defensive backfield that can handle that much speed. Go ahead and play deep, Stacy will wreck your shit.
Yes sir! That sounds great to me.