Rams schedule formal interviews with QB's.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can say this, if the Rams draft a QB in 2nd or 3rd round I will instantly be a fan. Would inject a little energy in to the QB bubble we have.

fearsomefour

Legend
we have to agree to diagree on Mannion. Born leader...off the charts character and throws a great deep ball
received a 3rd rd grade last year.....I always take a players best season in evaluating them except for some special extenuating reason

IMO will be a fast riser and well worth the Rams 3rd rd pick
I like Grayson by a pretty solid margin.
Not huge on Mannion, but, I would take him where he will be rather than reaching on any of the others.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
just to get things in perspective I went back and watched an Aaron Rodgers games vs Texas tech and an Eli manning game(forget whom) as college players and both look nothing like the players they developed into..all players have holes in their games...spotting the holes is easy figuring out who will overcome their holes is entirely a different matter

Mannion had 8 int last year with 36 sacks..an astounding feat. Winston had something like 17 sacks and 20+int last year?
Mannion int ratio dropped ever year he played to under 2% his senior year..Brady/Peyton manning type numbers while still throwing a 2:1 td to int ratio

at worst a Sean Hill 10 year backup in the league...and a great game manager..if he can gain .1 or .2 sec in his delivery has Carson Palmer type ceiling

I agree about it being projection. Leadership is huge so are brains. Wish we could sit in on interviews.

I am between Mannion and Grayson right now, especially if either only costs a third rounder.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Unless we fix this line I'm leaning towards Hundley I dont think any of the others would survive past preseason if we don't do some serious upgrading. It sure would be nice to have a mobile QB for a change. Hundley also doesnt come across as dumb as some of you make him sound from the interviews and things I've heard from him I dont understand why everyone assumes he is stupid? can somone enlighten me?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Unless we fix this line I'm leaning towards Hundley I dont think any of the others would survive past preseason if we don't do some serious upgrading. It sure would be nice to have a mobile QB for a change. Hundley also doesnt come across as dumb as some of you make him sound from the interviews and things I've heard from him I dont understand why everyone assumes he is stupid? can somone enlighten me?
Who has said he's stupid? Haven't caught that. He is very intelligent.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
just to get things in perspective I went back and watched an Aaron Rodgers games vs Texas tech and an Eli manning game(forget whom) as college players and both look nothing like the players they developed into..all players have holes in their games...spotting the holes is easy figuring out who will overcome their holes is entirely a different matter

Yet, both were in consideration for the #1 pick and one was drafted there because both were outstanding talents.

Mannion had 8 int last year with 36 sacks..an astounding feat. Winston had something like 17 sacks and 20+int last year?

That's not an astounding feat. It just means that he took sacks rather than forcing the ball into coverage. Alex Smith does the same thing. It also tells you that Mannion lacks escapability and takes a lot of sacks. Which isn't something I consider to be a positive at the college level.

Regardless, I wouldn't even compare Mannion to Winston. It's doing Mannion a disservice because he's nowhere near as talented.

Mannion int ratio dropped ever year he played to under 2% his senior year..Brady/Peyton manning type numbers while still throwing a 2:1 td to int ratio

His Int ratio was just below 2:1 which isn't impressive for a college QB. On top of that, he threw 4 TDs to 2 Ints in his 3 out of conference games against Hawaii, Portland State, and San Diego State. Which means that he only managed 11 TDs to 6 Ints in 9 games against Pac-12 competition.

at worst a Sean Hill 10 year backup in the league...and a great game manager..if he can gain .1 or .2 sec in his delivery has Carson Palmer type ceiling

I don't think that's his at worst. Shaun Hill had a lot better escapability and feet. Mannion can be worse than Hill...quite a bit worse.

And which Palmer are we talking about? Maybe if he develops extraordinarily well, he could be late career Palmer. But early career Palmer was far more talented physically.

I don't see it with Mannion. He's not a supremely talented thrower, he wasn't that good in college, he makes some really bad decisions when pressured, he doesn't have much escapability, his feet are inconsistent and he has a tendency to throw while off balance, and his release is slow and mechanical.

The guy has great touch and placement on fade routes, his deep ball has improved a lot and has nice touch(although he under-throws it a bit too often), and he's clearly a competitive kid...but I just don't see the tools there.

This isn't a guy who has a few big physical flaws but compensates with instincts, mental acuity, and technical skill. This is a guy with some big physical flaws that also has some big instinctual, mental, and technical flaws.

I'd take a shot on fixing Hundley's or Petty's issues before Mannion's.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yet, both were in consideration for the #1 pick and one was drafted there because both were outstanding talents.

That's not an astounding feat. It just means that he took sacks rather than forcing the ball into coverage. Alex Smith does the same thing. It also tells you that Mannion lacks escapability and takes a lot of sacks. Which isn't something I consider to be a positive at the college level.

Regardless, I wouldn't even compare Mannion to Winston. It's doing Mannion a disservice because he's nowhere near as talented.

His Int ratio was just below 2:1 which isn't impressive for a college QB. On top of that, he threw 4 TDs to 2 Ints in his 3 out of conference games against Hawaii, Portland State, and San Diego State. Which means that he only managed 11 TDs to 6 Ints in 9 games against Pac-12 competition.

I don't think that's his at worst. Shaun Hill had a lot better escapability and feet. Mannion can be worse than Hill...quite a bit worse.

And which Palmer are we talking about? Maybe if he develops extraordinarily well, he could be late career Palmer. But early career Palmer was far more talented physically.

I don't see it with Mannion. He's not a supremely talented thrower, he wasn't that good in college, he makes some really bad decisions when pressured, he doesn't have much escapability, his feet are inconsistent and he has a tendency to throw while off balance, and his release is slow and mechanical.

The guy has great touch and placement on fade routes, his deep ball has improved a lot and has nice touch(although he under-throws it a bit too often), and he's clearly a competitive kid...but I just don't see the tools there.

This isn't a guy who has a few big physical flaws but compensates with instincts, mental acuity, and technical skill. This is a guy with some big physical flaws that also has some big instinctual, mental, and technical flaws.

I'd take a shot on fixing Hundley's or Petty's issues before Mannion's.
Agree on Hundley and Petty. Probably the best of the worse.

I'm not a huge fan of Winston off the field issues, but as far as playing qb, he's far and above anyone I've seen this year.
Regarding his pick this year. I think many are forgetting he played most of the year on a bad wheel. Which does affect ball flight and speed.