Rams’ scary defensive prospects: secondary rated worst in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My biggest concern for our secondary is getting flagged too much because they have no rep with the refs(or a bad rep which the media is pushing)…and let’s face it, player and team reputation has a lot to do with how the officials make calls.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I have said it before am I'm sure I will say it again; "ALL NFL OFFICIALS/REFS SUCK"!

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
interesting.. The last time John Johnson and Jordan Fuller started at safety for us, we had the #1 defense in the league.

oldnotdead

Legend
Funny how people who don't know the team talk like their opinion matters.

Boundry CBs Durant and Witherspoon
SCB Shelley
SS Fuller
FS Johnson

Depth: CB Tomlinson, Safeties Lake and Yeast

How is that the worst secondary in the NFL? Both Durant and Shelley are standouts even according to PFF who only the media use.

I still think they will start Tomlinson, simply because his speed is a better match up with Seattle's receivers.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Boundry CBs Durant and Witherspoon
SCB Shelley
SS Fuller
FS Johnson

Depth: CB Tomlinson, Safeties Lake and Yeast
Yeah there is no way Tomlinson isn't one of our best three. If the Rams need a couple games to prove that to themselves, then they'll find out the hard way like they prefer to do with the OL.

Hopefully that doesn't happen. I'd like to steal an early game from one of these division fucks.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I do think the coverage aspect of our secondary will be fine. These guys can cover receivers. So I can't buy into this worst secondary thing.

My concern would be the open field tackling. When RB's get through the front 7 I have to wonder about their ability to prevent bigger runs. Or the yards after catch with receivers. If they improve in that area I can see this secondary being above average by the end of the year.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
If the Rams can't rush the passer, yes the secondary will suffer, especially with the "back yard" type QB's.
The OLB's don't scare anyone. If they put AD at DE full time, maybe...

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Need to get a real game or two in before we know anything about the D. Secondary looks good to me. Front 7? Not sure. Seahawks will be a good test.