Rams Salary Cap??? In need of a real capologist!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
After all this blood shed today can someone explain where the rams stand cap wise this year? How much real money/cap space do they have RT now if any. How much cap space will we have next year.

Most importantly can we sign Ramsey now extend him if he is willing? I'd hate for him to get to free agency would make all of this so much more disturbing and painful than it already is.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Part of the answer is restructuring Goff's contract. I am sure they will consult Jared, but it's written into the contract that the Rams can do this, per Vinny Bonsignore (latest 11 Personnel podcast)

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Part of the answer is restructuring Goff's contract. I am sure they will consult Jared, but it's written into the contract that the Rams can do this, per Vinny Bonsignore (latest 11 Personnel podcast)

@LoyalRam I need numbers lol how much open cap do we have next year? How much did we gain of any this year? Can we still sign one or two players?

And what about Jalen Ramsey if we extend him now doesn't that save us like 3 million this year also?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@LoyalRam I need numbers lol how much open cap do we have next year? How much did we gain of any this year? Can we still sign one or two players?

And what about Jalen Ramsey if we extend him now doesn't that save us like 3 million this year also?
Don't know any of that. I just know that the Rams can do it without any negotiation with Goff or his reps.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Pretty sure any look at Ramsey is next year, which is one reason Gurley was cut now, it saves 8 mill next year.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe that I saw that the clay and Gurley cuts give us about 10 million in space.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yea but that's why I was confused there ar also stipulations that if Matthews signs for more than 2 million rams get 2 million added back to there cap and gurley something with 2.5 million if he signs for a certain amount.

Regardless I want Ramsey done asap. He and AD not happy but Ramsey could stick it to us i mean he will one way or another.

I do find it funny that everyone makes it like they love one another and they are mad that the rams cut people or let people walk because of the cap yet when there contracts are up they want a ton. So AD love U Ramsey love you as a player not a full Ram yet but what would you guys have the rams do????

If only I and your boys get paid do you want the rams to field a team of 7 people? If you all love one another so much figure out a way to make money but also allow you and your boys to stay together. Honestly what do you expect....you are aware of the cap RT guys?

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just read on Roto that Gurley was released with a post June 1 designation. That spreads the dead money over two years instead of one. I am not positive but, that would save us $5.5mil instead of costing us a negative $2.9mil.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just read on Roto that Gurley was released with a post June 1 designation. That spreads the dead money over two years instead of one. I am not positive but, that would save us $5.5mil instead of costing us a negative $2.9mil.

Correct.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
So if we are over what would we do going forward? Besides Goff or Donald restructure? The way AD reacted would be like approaching a mother bear and her cub RT now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So if we are over what would we do going forward? Besides Goff or Donald restructure? The way AD reacted would be like approaching a mother bear and her cub RT now.
The thing about the restructures is the player still gets what's coming to him. It's an accounting trick.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will be able to pick up veteran cut from somebody's roster, if someone we like is available. Or, it is just enough to pay our drafted players.