Rams Roster Preview: RB Isaiah Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Because he has already showed it in the NFL's minor leagues (The SEC).
Don't get me wrong, I think he is talented and I'm glad we picked him and think he'll get some touches, but he's going to have to show he can pass protect in the Majors before he sees substantial playing time.

FRO

Legend
I would say Pead is a poor man's version of...But he's more of a homeless man's Marshal Faulk.
Pead could be the Rams best pass blocking running back, so I visulize Pead as a 3rd down back.
Pead didn't drop a pass last year, while Daryl Richardson's drop rate was 16.7%. Pead is here, and Richardson is gone.
Men mature, and perhaps Pead will too? Pead's 2013 outstanding special teams play hints at a positive attitude adjustment and a new improved Pead.

Don't be surprised if we end up with 4 very solid running backs. I feel our Running Backs rival our defensive line as our deepest position. I'm not saying our running backs are as good as our defensive line, I'm saying running back is a deep positional group.

Best case scenario? Pead is like a corvette Z-O6 put on blocks for a few years. Fisher puts radial racing slicks on Pead's low mileage, undented chassis, and it's time to drag race! Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about high heeled, cross dressing drag racers. That would be the worse case scenario.
Pead hasn't shown the ability to effectively run the ball. That's why he will struggle for playing time. Stacy and Cunningham have shown that ability and Mason was a third round pick.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
:cool:
I would say Pead is a poor man's version of...But he's more of a homeless man's Marshal Faulk.
Pead could be the Rams best pass blocking running back, so I visulize Pead as a 3rd down back.
Pead didn't drop a pass last year, while Daryl Richardson's drop rate was 16.7%. Pead is here, and Richardson is gone.
Men mature, and perhaps Pead will too? Pead's 2013 outstanding special teams play hints at a positive attitude adjustment and a new improved Pead.

Don't be surprised if we end up with 4 very solid running backs. I feel our Running Backs rival our defensive line as our deepest position. I'm not saying our running backs are as good as our defensive line, I'm saying running back is a deep positional group.

Best case scenario? Pead is like a corvette Z-O6 put on blocks for a few years. Fisher puts radial racing slicks on Pead's low mileage, undented chassis, and it's time to drag race! Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about high heeled, cross dressing drag racers. That would be the worse case scenario.

I like the analogy, but prefer you use an 03/04 SVT Cobra in place of the Z06.....I may be a lil biased there tho. :cool:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pead is a player that's like biting tin foil for me...still kinda bitter about such a miss...Anyway, he does do well in Special teams, which matters. Taking KR's is not good to me...I wonder why Fish &Co. keep trying to find someone to do what Austin does? i just don't know if Austin is only a slot WR....He seems to get lost trying to do that traditional roll, but is a playmaker in KR's, PR's, gadget plays handing the ball off to him in the backfield...or just designed plays that gets him the ball in space.

Austin can break a game open, Mr Pead cannot

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Pead hasn't shown the ability to effectively run the ball. That's why he will struggle for playing time. Stacy and Cunningham have shown that ability and Mason was a third round pick.

You are right. Pead hasn't shown the ability to effectively run the ball yet. In two years Pead has only 17 rushes for 75 yards and a 4.4 per attempt.
I agree Pead will struggle for playing time, and I think Pead is the dark horse, but I feel Pead may surprise to the upside in 2014. I feel we have 4 solid running backs.