Rams roll out ticket pricing plan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Looking forward to going even if it's just the Coliseum. I'm hoping my filthy rich uncle's company will have either a box or tickets in the new venue also. These prices will make a really good seat worth it for a crap game against a non division opponent.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is exactly it. It is not a great place for simply viewing a game but it is a great place to go to a game if you get me. I can still remember watching my Rams play there on a 70 degree sunny day and never once thought about how crappy the seats were. With newer venues that have way better sight lines and angles, I'm sure a lot of fans won't be impressed. But it is the freaking Coliseum! I absolutely have to go watch my Rams run out onto the grass and look up at the arches, Olympic Rings, and torch. Walking up to the stadium will bring back such memories - I can't wait to go there with my dad and two boys.

In my mind thee are a handful of stadiums that are "timeless".

Even some that aren't what they were like Lambeau and Soldier Field and Fenway and the original Yankee Stadium. Sometimes the venue is bigger than life because of it's legacy and history. I don't look at new stadiums in that fashion because they don't have the background and don't have decades of special moments and plays and generations of players attached to them.

It's not that I'm not a fan of a nice fancy new stadium but there are a handful of the old ones that just have a certain je ne sais quoi.

The old Cleveland Stadium was a shithole, but when you were there you knew that Paul Brown walked on those sidelines.......... Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Bob Feller, Red Right 88, The Drive, the first televised Monday Night Football game..........yeah the place was a dump but when you looked at the field you knew there were a lot of stories and it was rich with it's own history and stories.

The Coliseum is in the conversation for tops on the list.

MrMotes

Starter
I'm pretty sure Kroenke's willingness to play home games abroad will end just as soon as they're being played in his Inglewood stadium...

Big Game

Living The Dream
Actually the pricing is pretty good considering that they are now playing in the LA market. When the new stadium is finished that's when you will see the pricing much higher. I've gone to games in Dallas and if you want those great 50 yard or club seats you better be willing to pay. Here in St. Louis i've sat fifty yard line and those tickets only cost me 150. That won't be happening in LA trust and believe.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
All the talk of the Coliseum not being a great place to see a game without premium seats are accurate. The Coliseum having been built with the Olympics in mind is way to big by todays standards. I would venture to say that you could put 2 fields end ro end, beyond the historical factors it is not great. I have spent many a Sat and Sunday watchin USC and The Rams play there.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
It's not awesome for home fans. It's an accommodation both to the NFL and USC which will be very helpful in this transition.

The last thing we need is to lose friends during the move...be that dick-friend who drops the couch on the stairs with you holding the ass end of the couch at the bottom of the stairs then at the end of the day won't spring for beer and pizza "because I gotta return the truck". Hell, I don't even drink and I buy for peeps who help me. Point is we need to make the accommodation and hold up our end during the move.

:burp: Hey @Mackeyser I need a little help next week moving from my double-wide to that van, down by the river.

You got a couple free hours? I'll spring for a medium Dominos and a 40oz. Ya know we could share it. Pals?

bluecoconuts

Legend
And 10 is better than 9, or am I missing something?

Yes, because 10 was never an option. The NFL required the team that relocates to Los Angeles to play a game overseas for the next 3 years, so the maximum number of preseason/regular season home games is, and always has been 9 for these fans.

So either Kroenke says "No, I refuse to play a home game overseas" and therefore doesn't qualify for relocation, and therefore fans in LA get 0 home games. He said he agreed to play games overseas, as did the other teams, which allowed him to qualify for relocation and win over Spanos/Davis. Fans in LA get 9 games.

10 was never an option.

Beginning in 2019 you wont see the Rams playing any home games away from Inglewood for a very long time.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I just hope that I get an opportunity to buy my seats. I have no idea what tier I'm in. Prices seem OK to me. What price can you put on moments with your sons, or daughters, with OUR team!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, because 10 was never an option. The NFL required the team that relocates to Los Angeles to play a game overseas for the next 3 years, so the maximum number of preseason/regular season home games is, and always has been 9 for these fans.

So either Kroenke says "No, I refuse to play a home game overseas" and therefore doesn't qualify for relocation, and therefore fans in LA get 0 home games. He said he agreed to play games overseas, as did the other teams, which allowed him to qualify for relocation and win over Spanos/Davis. Fans in LA get 9 games.

10 was never an option.

Beginning in 2019 you wont see the Rams playing any home games away from Inglewood for a very long time.
It's ok not sure common sense and logic will work but it is a great effort!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A lot of people can afford a game. But, games?

I think this is what happens to a LOT of teams when they stop winning. Once the novelty wears off, why throw down big bucks when you can watch from home for free - and a lot of "fans" won't watch period if they are losing.

I don't think the NFL is in danger anytime soon, but they are teetering on the edge in attempt to get every dollar at every opportunity. It feels like a bubble that will eventually burst.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of people can afford a game. But, games?

I think this is what happens to a LOT of teams when they stop winning. Once the novelty wears off, why throw down big bucks when you can watch from home for free - and a lot of "fans" won't watch period if they are losing.

I don't think the NFL is in danger anytime soon, but they are teetering on the edge in attempt to get every dollar at every opportunity. It feels like a bubble that will eventually burst.
Keep in mind too that the median income in Los Angeles is over $20k more than in St Louis.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Keep in mind too that the median income in Los Angeles is over $20k more than in St Louis.

Yeah. I'm on a rant a little. I wasn't speaking to the Rams pricing as much as the cost in general to attend an NFL game anywhere.

There are people who will pay it. And fans like us will endure the tough times. But the cost to attend the game isn't in line with the average fan anymore.