Rams restructured deals, latest news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I merged two "what are Rams doing about restructuring" threads. I normally leave the older thread but this one seemed to have the more appropriate title.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Part of the challenge for all of this is that, quite frankly, Les and Sean just don't feel any real need to tell everyone the truth here. I'm not even complaining - there is no law that says they have to do it and there is even a competitive advantage to concealing the truth - but I think we can all agree that they certainly haven't seemed bound to the truth in any way.

I can get into all the conspiracy theory’s & whatever.Les Snead & Sean Mcvay tells us Rams Fans enough.They for the most part don’t know if these signings(example Floyd) until offers come in. Then they have to go to players and agents.It’s the relationship
Behind closed doors that we don’t know about either.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Snead's presser over the weekend seemed to indicate they can keep some free agents without cuts or trades. Floyd is signed so maybe he knows something? :biggrin: The only real needs they have are interior OL, mainly Center and DBs. They tendered DWill. Maybe they resign Hill?

I think your off the Mark a bit about needs. Time will tell,you could be totally right.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can get into all the conspiracy theory’s & whatever.Les Snead & Sean Mcvay tells us Rams Fans enough.They for the most part don’t know if these signings(example Floyd) until offers come in. Then they have to go to players and agents.It’s the relationship
Behind closed doors that we don’t know about either.
Absolutely agree that we don't know what's going on, and have no right to know. It still makes it tough to make any serious projections on their activities, especially considering they have no compunction about lying to the press. Again, it's a competitive advantage, so I'm on board. Just makes all this speculation tougher.

Shuie3225

Starter
Looks like no trades for Kupp and Woods at least. But nothing unexpected.

Yea as of now doesn't seem like it right.. so if after AD and Kupp restructure we are under the cap. Then tmrw we finalize the Stafford trade and can restructure him to create another what $10-12M? Anyone know for sure what a Stafford restruture equates to? Also trading Hav and Brock too would create another nice chunk.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Absolutely agree that we don't know what's going on, and have no right to know. It still makes it tough to make any serious projections on their activities, especially considering they have no compunction about lying to the press. Again, it's a competitive advantage, so I'm on board. Just makes all this speculation tougher.
Depends on his price and what wiggle room we have. I'm guessing he might be gone since the Rams have been looking at DBs in the draft, but who knows with this FO.

Keeping a fresh stock of young DB’s has been a specialty for McSnead.Depth is key & they are sprinkled all over the draft board.They seem to take longer to develop as well.

It’s hard to read between the lines.Woods got brought up in a possible trade.Seemed odd,so thought is it makes sense with Kupp & Jefferson being the same type of WR.
Robert Woods would bring back more value .
Havienstien & Brockers seem easy to let go because of depth &contracts. The Rams might see it different. Putting a tag on D. Williams was a no brainer,,but could have been trying to workout a deal.Floyd there was a late rumor & came true so if Woods you can believe some of the leaks.
Trying to work it all is not easy. Listening to Les & Mcvay talking about the team.There is some buffering,but also some good info.Especially when you can recall & have the same views.
I’ll just say Sean Mcvay was being called an Azz hole on one of these threads. My take after the smoke cleared is what a class act.He does a good job communicating.Excited to see Matthew Stafford as a Ram.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I like the idea of the team's top players all chipping in to help with the cap issue. They'll all get their money, its just a question of when, but their flexibility on the timing shows that they recognize the opportunity to really make a run in the next 2-3 years.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I like the idea of the team's top players all chipping in to help with the cap issue. They'll all get their money, its just a question of when, but their flexibility on the timing shows that they recognize the opportunity to really make a run in the next 2-3 years.
Might be converted to a bonus this year?

Shuie3225

Starter
This seems to be about $1M off per restructure based on RapSheets report. But gives a pretty good idea how much cap room we can create. We're definitely not done in free agency.

20210316_091351.jpg

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Wonder what this all means to the 2022 cap. About the only one left to restructure would be Floyd. Whitlock will be gone so that would be some savings. Brockers for sure if he is not gone this year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I don’t even waste my time looking at the draft.The combine has changed as well.Last years draft I think will turn out well.I wanted a RB & knew it was coming. I picked wrong & ate a little crow knowing I wanted him & then didn’t. Then The Rams picked him and a few of the RB’s I liked were before & after.Wanted Dobbins & maybe trade up for Taylor.The KC(LSU) kid,but wtf was Detroit thinking ? Will see if Goff helps D”Swift out ?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I don't mind kicking the can down the road for substantial cap increases in the future should be coming and most of all for AD and Ramsey I'm ok with generational talents as the years go by even as they get older they still other worldly and they are not dinosaurs yet by any means. Come on look at AD he is the terminator!!! Lol!!! As far as other restructures depends I'm comfortable with Coop and Trees ..... Brockers I love but don't want to kick the can with him and same with Whit love the guy but injury is becoming scary and we need to be realistic on that one as he is one of the dudes supposedly that was restructured.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not a great fan of them either, but every time I see a repetitive thread, I feel compelled to post an equal absurdity.
There is NOTHING absurd about the greatest pizza ever made by man!