Rams restructure Havenstein

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think there is a very interesting takeaway from the restructure of Havenstein's contract. All the PS to active roster required has necessitated the need for additional cap space. The Rams restructured Havenstein's contract to clear a bit over $3M in cap space. This obviously isn't to trade for a player, but it will be money needed to get them through the season.

What I find interesting and bespeaks to what I've been contending is that Rob's days as a Ram are numbered. I don't see them carrying his $9.5M salary next year and they didn't basically take the opportunity to extend him either. Releasing him next year would clear an additional $5M in cap as he would have about $4.6M in dead cap. That will pay for extending Corbett who has proven his worth.

So with Whitworth announcing his retirement next year and Havenstein looking at being released this would mean Noteboom at LT and Jackson at RT. This would also seem to indicate that Alaric's progress is on track. He definitely looked good this past preseason. This would give the Rams two good young talents at both OT positions. I like both guys and really see this OL in its final form next year and continuing to play as a top OL in the NFL going forward.

LT Noteboom
LT Edwards
C Allen
RG Corbett
RT A. Jackson

Oh BTW breakdowns of Stafford's sacks show half of them are on Stafford for not taking the shorter route options and getting rid of the ball on time. That's why I've been saying this OL is playing at an elite level under Carberry, who IMO has been an immensely underrated hiring. IMO if there is one assistant they can't afford to lose it's Carberry.

What this means is that Stafford will continue to rip the NFL apart. People are just beginning to appreciate how good the Rams are at WR. But with the talent they have at WR and TE it's going to be a top passing attack for years to come. Now that the OL is set, I think Ram fans can see that the Ram SB window is wide open for the next several years.

The way Snead drafts, can you say dynasty? I'm not just being a homer when I say the Rams could be the next NE. The East Coast based media has no idea of what is being built in LA.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think there is a very interesting takeaway from the restructure of Havenstein's contract. All the PS to active roster required has necessitated the need for additional cap space. The Rams restructured Havenstein's contract to clear a bit over $3M in cap space. This obviously isn't to trade for a player, but it will be money needed to get them through the season.

What I find interesting and bespeaks to what I've been contending is that Rob's days as a Ram are numbered. I don't see them carrying his $9.5M salary next year and they didn't basically take the opportunity to extend him either. Releasing him next year would clear an additional $5M in cap as he would have about $4.6M in dead cap. That will pay for extending Corbett who has proven his worth.

So with Whitworth announcing his retirement next year and Havenstein looking at being released this would mean Noteboom at LT and Jackson at RT. This would also seem to indicate that Alaric's progress is on track. He definitely looked good this past preseason. This would give the Rams two good young talents at both OT positions. I like both guys and really see this OL in its final form next year and continuing to play as a top OL in the NFL going forward.

LT Noteboom
LT Edwards
C Allen
RG Corbett
RT A. Jackson

Oh BTW breakdowns of Stafford's sacks show half of them are on Stafford for not taking the shorter route options and getting rid of the ball on time. That's why I've been saying this OL is playing at an elite level under Carberry, who IMO has been an immensely underrated hiring. IMO if there is one assistant they can't afford to lose it's Carberry.

What this means is that Stafford will continue to rip the NFL apart. People are just beginning to appreciate how good the Rams are at WR. But with the talent they have at WR and TE it's going to be a top passing attack for years to come. Now that the OL is set, I think Ram fans can see that the Ram SB window is wide open for the next several years.

The way Snead drafts, can you say dynasty? I'm not just being a homer when I say the Rams could be the next NE. The East Coast based media has no idea of what is being built in LA.

Sorry, not so sure about that.
Replacing both Whit & Havenstein as our starting OT's would be a risky move. Hav will only be 30 years old next season and has plenty of good football in him, there is no reason why the Rams can't just extend him and get his 2022 CAP reduced to a much lower level. Havenstein, in the event of Whitworth's retirement, would remain the one veteran offensive lineman on a very young unit.
As far as Alaric Jackson goes, he has yet to have a single snap at RT, his entire pre-season was spent at LT. This doesn't mean he won't make the transition one day, but it seems some experience as a swing OT might come before being thrown out there as live bait starting at RT on day 1, 2022.
Is McVay going to rely on two draftees at OT to back-up our starters, ... I doubt it.
jmo.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

LT Noteboom
LT Edwards
C Allen
RG Corbett
RT A. Jackson

Yea I'm not sure you want to go into any season with an older or veteran qb and lose your RT and LT in the same season. We have played with fire before this would be setting it a blaze to me. Allen and Corbett should be brought back Stafford restructuring should allow for that or most of that and possibly A Shawn being cut or traded. With some other moves.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

LT Noteboom
LT Edwards
C Allen
RG Corbett
RT A. Jackson

Your story of the Rams cutting Havenstein is really starting to become old. Give it up, it’s not happening.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe I am confused (That happens a lot), but if they were planning on cutting Rob H. next year, wouldn't they have restructured someone else's contract?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hav has been a potential trade piece for a while but I agree it looks more unlikely given how well he's played plus this move.

This move makes me think they're getting ready for trade deadline possibilities. Might as well be ready.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Remember, the team thought our Oline would be fine moving on from Saffold, and it took a long time to get it back to that level.

JRobinson

MiLB
I believe it’s highly unlikely they cut one of the most reliable and solid performers during his career in Havenstien. While it could be argued that 9+M is steep, I think it’s deserved and solidifies out OLine.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Evans wasn't terrible this preseason, I'd think that your suggestion is decent. But Evans is flat-out not the answer, Noteboom is needed for Whit, Anchrum is needed for depth, and A-Jax is an underweight rookie who simply isn't ready yet.

I'm sorry, but I can't see us trading Havenstein. Not this season, anyway.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
That theory really makes no sense. Hav is earning his money and Jackson is an undrafted player.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hav has been a potential trade piece for a while but I agree it looks more unlikely given how well he's played plus this move.

This move makes me think they're getting ready for trade deadline possibilities. Might as well be ready.

I won’t make any prediction on what The Rams will do.

Posted about Haters. Just an example of it,just to be right & making crappy points against Ram Players.

Rob Havenstien from training camp has only been a team leader.To think anything else & The Rams will trade him is NONSENSE!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

LT Noteboom
LT Edwards
C Allen
RG Corbett
RT A. Jackson

Did big Rob kick your puppy or something?

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I dont get the hate he's received. He has sure as hell not been a trade piece. They have never said anything like that. It's all been speculation from reporters and posters who think they have an inside track.

Rob gets beat now and then. But he is overall a hell of a good player. We are better with him. If he is willing to negotiate, he will stay here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Merged with existing Havenstien restructure thread.
Bad timing. Lol

all good

Will say timing is extra funny with M. Brokers coming into town though.He didn’t take the pay cut.
Rob Havenstien will be taken care of with a big time contract in 2 years.He will end his career as a Ram