Rams reportedly will interview 49ers' Gamble for GM position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
NFL.com
Published: Feb. 7, 2012 at 01:00 p.m.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... m-position

The St. Louis Rams are interviewing San Francisco 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble Tuesday for their vacant general manger position, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

The newspaper also reported that Vikings director of player personnel George Paton had his second interview Monday.

After Gamble, the Rams will not conduct any interviews with any more new candidates, according to the newspaper.

The team has interest in a considerable list of candidates, including Paton, New York Jets vice president of college scouting Joey Clinkscales, Miami Dolphins director of player personnel Brian Gaine, Arizona Cardinals director of player personnel Steve Keim and Tennessee Titans vice president of football operations Lake Dawson.

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora has reported that the Rams are close to making a hire.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Re: Rams reportedly will interview 49ers' Gamble for GM posi

I thought Lake Dawson was off the table?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Ramhusker said:

Yeah - the report was that the Titans gave him a contract extension. I'm not sure if that means he has no opt out or what but I got the impression he was out of the picture as well.

superfan24

Starter

RamFan503 said:
Ramhusker said:

Yeah - the report was that the Titans gave him a contract extension. I'm not sure if that means he has no opt out or what but I got the impression he was out of the picture as well.
:grr: I hope that's not true. He's my #1 choice for GM.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

From what I understood, Lake Dawson did get a contract extension, but this move to the Rams is still, technically, a promotion, so still on the table. I think the problem might be that we are only looking for a scout coordinator, player evaluator type guy, so the the promotion to guys like Lake is in title only.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

DR RAM said:
From what I understood, Lake Dawson did get a contract extension, but this move to the Rams is still, technically, a promotion, so still on the table. I think the problem might be that we are only looking for a scout coordinator, player evaluator type guy, so the the promotion to guys like Lake is in title only.

That's my feel too. It seems they want somebody to perform a limited role and let Fisher make the final call. In other words, not really a GM but in name only. The only problem with that, in my opinion, is it waters down the quality guy you can get. I mean the top guys available to fill GM positions want to be just that, GM.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

superfan24 said:
:grr: I hope that's not true. He's my #1 choice for GM.

I heard that Fisher nixed the deal for obvious reasons.

NotreDame1.jpg