Rams Report: Recapping OTA's Dani & Myles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The one thing I heard Dani say which I think is untrue..."The offense always looks good before they are in pads"...No, I always have heard through the last two coaching regimes to relax because the offense is always behind the defense at this point....I think Dani is very smart, but she is wrong here.
I am not sure she is wrong. I think what she is trying to allude to is the Offense always seems to look better because the Defense isn't allowed to lay hands on them without Pads and before TC! Wait until they have Pads on and AD is back in Camp, It will be a whole New Ball-of-wax!! ( Or should I say Wack's!!)JMHO!

Ram65

Legend
Dani and Miles with a solid positive report and some practice video. Like to see more video of the up coming mini camp.

The information is an extension of what we have been hearing. Positives for Kupp. Thomas, Higbee and Everett gets us pumped up. Competition at RG with Brown stepping in could finally get the Rams offensive line stable to use Gurley and the rest effectively. It's great that the focus can be on offensive improvements even though it is only OTAs.

WestCoastRam

Legend
McVay has commented a few times about the novelist and I fully expect the Rams to keep 4 tight ends this year with Hemingway being one of the four. Very athletic which McVay likes in his TE's and IMHO this unit under Shane Waldron could be a strength with Higbee, Everett, Hemingway and Harkey being the blocker.

Boy, if we keep 4 tight ends, that would definitely make it harder to keep 6 WRs, no? Not impossible, but harder. It would certainly mean that FB we picked up in the draft goes to the practice squad.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The one thing I heard Dani say which I think is untrue..."The offense always looks good before they are in pads"...No, I always have heard through the last two coaching regimes to relax because the offense is always behind the defense at this point....I think Dani is very smart, but she is wrong here.

I'll just stop you right there.............

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Brown alternated at LT/RT in college as Louisville moved him around to the strong side on certain plays so he did play there from time to time after his Sophomore season albeit not consistently. McVay also stated that he has taken to Kromer and his instruction and has been doing a good job of translating those methods onto the practice field, add in that Robinson missed time for personal reasons and now you have a competition.

Again looking forward to seeing the guys play when the pads go on, but Brown is putting the pressure on, which is good for Robinson as we shall see if he's up to the challenge as I already know how you feel about him.
I'm just wondering IF we will see them with Pads on in the upcoming 3 day mandatory mini camp!?!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
[QUOTE="BonifayRam, post:

I have no issues with Thomas making TA bench material. TA has been out there for 4 NFL seasons :sleep:. From all of what I have seen TA is no starting wide out in the NFL. He is a good gadget player RB/PR/WR/SL but with UN dependable & reliable abilities to catch the ball.....best to look elsewhere to find your top 4 Ram WR's in 2017. Woods/ Kupp/ Reynolds & yes Thomas will be a great addition if he will catch the ball.

Ref. the RT competition & getting the hype....your right no pads but there is a reason for no pads in OTA's IMO .....this is where the OL coach can refine & perfect his desired basic technical mechanics that Kromer demands in his OT's. Then once his demands are digested its on to the next step to blend these tech's with the pad side element of practice.

However if Jamon Brown is supplanting & gaining in his advantage over GRob by these very early important non pad OTA practices ,its sure to make Kromer in acing his RT relationship with Jamon Brown as his man @ RT. Is Kromer the kind of OL coach that will endure for long .....with the well known & often displayed sloppy technical efforts delivered by GRob entering the 4th NFL season?:thinking:

If an OL'er who has been nothing but an interior OL'er in the NFL, is entering his 3rd season & has not started & played RT since his sophomore year in college ...is looking real good with his quick solid footwork & outstanding hand placement why would the OL coach abide with GRob as his top prospect @ RT?:shocking:[/QUOTE]

Personally I really hope we can move on from Austin, I too don't see him as a "starting wr", and I question if he could even be a "team guy" if he supplanted by others as he forced to be a JAG on the bench which he is IMHO. He strikes me as an guy thats talks a lot but does very little.
I been a Javon Brown fan from the beginning and it looks like coach is putting him in a position to succeed Im on board w/ him at RT. His feet are sweet

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Anyone "notice" how Temarrick Hemingway sneaks into some of the OTA photos?

You can't miss those "dreads" and
McVay has been............

kind of low key, as if maybe he's casually keeping Hemingway---

tumblr_inline_n6cqm542y71qbzv4w.jpg
radar_screen_anim_md_wm.gif

temp170607_OTA9_HU043--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp170607_OTA9_HU024--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp170607_OTA9_HU026--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp170523_Gallery_OTA_025--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

temp170605_OTA7_HU_011--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp170605_OTA7_HU_050--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp170522_073_Rams_OTA--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

secret-weapon-sidebar.png
back_and_forth_questions_md_wm_v2.gif
I noticed this too. It also looks like he is lined up inside of Higbee. Would this indicate any kind of blocking prowess?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Boy, if we keep 4 tight ends, that would definitely make it harder to keep 6 WRs, no? .

Positional Breakdown for final 53

OL....9
RB....3
FB....1
WR...6
TE...4

QB...2
ST....3
DL...8
LB...8
CB...5
SS...4

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm just wondering IF we will see them with Pads on in the upcoming 3 day mandatory mini camp!?!

Minicamps are part of "Phase 3" of the three-part offseason process. Phase 1 is just strength and conditioning, while Phase 2 allows offenses and defenses to practice together, but not against one another.

Pads are not to be worn at any part of the offseason training program, but Phase 3 (minicamps) does allow helmets to be worn and plays to be installed in "live" offense vs. defense situations, albeit with no live contact involved.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I honestly can't listen to Simmons speak anymore.

LMAO Mojo... :ROFLMAO:

There is a handful of us ROD members that can barely tolerate Myles' nerdy little brother quirky analogies, along with the tone & pitch of his voice.

I will admit that I've gotten more desensitized to him in the recent months. It does take some serious ear-blinders and mental phaseout concentration to not let it be so bothersome.

hqdefault.jpg

++ +
AAEAAQAAAAAAAANpAAAAJGJmNDFmOGNmLTQ0YjktNDIzYS04NTY3LTM5MDE3NDdmMTUzZA.jpg

giphy-2.gif

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I honestly can't listen to Simmons speak anymore.

Well, something is better than nothing and again with Dani facilitating, it's much better. As they used to say about the late Joel Buchsbaum, he had a face for radio and a voice for print.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
along with the tone & pitch of his voice.
That's it right there. If i didn't know who he was and heard that voice speak i'd be trying to figure out is it a man or woman or pubescent boy or old woman or a human 50% through a sex change.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haven't heard anything about our 3rd round pick John Johnson, or rather, any defensive rookies. Anyone hear how they are doing?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah, I'd "Recap" Dani. Lol. Recap her, again, and again, and again. Consider Dani, capped!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
LMAO Mojo... :ROFLMAO:

There is a handful of us ROD members that can barely tolerate Myles' nerdy little brother quirky analogies, along with the tone & pitch of his voice.

I will admit that I've gotten more desensitized to him in the recent months. It does take some serious ear-blinders and mental phaseout concentration to not let it be so bothersome.

hqdefault.jpg

++ +
AAEAAQAAAAAAAANpAAAAJGJmNDFmOGNmLTQ0YjktNDIzYS04NTY3LTM5MDE3NDdmMTUzZA.jpg

giphy-2.gif
Ditto!!;):D