Rams Remaining Schedule-I Like It

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
The Rams will only be favored in one more game. I personally am pleased with the tough schedule to finish the year. We are going to find out who we are and what we need. Are we the team we have seen the last two weeks? Are we the team that showed against SF and Carolina? Probably somewhere in between. I just don't want to be fooled into thinking we are in better shape than we really are like we were in 2010. Our OL has been very good the last two weeks, but I stilll think we need to upgrade. Is Roger Saffold going to work out at guard and if so does he have interest in returning? Or for that matter do the Rams have interest in paying 6 mil per for a guard? If the line continues to trend upward against the better teams, one move may be enough. These games will answer the question.
Kellen Clemons has done an admirable job to this point as the backup quarterback. Enough so that up to this point it's reasonable to go into 2014 with him as the backup. But lets see what happens these last 5 games before we proclaim that position as solid. We may need to re-consider and spend a mid-roundish pick on QB.
I think we still need a receiver. Not calling bust on anybody. But to ever get past the 9-10 win mark we may be a receiver away. Thats the biggest disappointment with Bradford being out. Good on Kellen for his play so far but his accuracy is not close to Bradford and the OC doesn't push the issue. I think the developement of the receivers we have has been hurt . Botttom line as much as it pains me, if its my turn to pick and AJ Green or Julio Jones is available I pick them.
On defense I believe it's pretty obvious where we need help. I would be surprised if they don't draft two corners. Another safety is a must.
So with the tough remaining schedule it allows us to accurately assess our needs going into 2014, as well as gain experience against the upper echelon of the league. At the end of the day these are the guys we have to learn to beat. Any athlete knows that you get better by playing better people. I had a fantastic time at the dome yesterday, and there is no cure for a weary fanbase like winning. But if we want to expect to experience success at a consistent basis and learn how to make and win playoff games, we have to start winning and believing we can win against these better teams we have coming up.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Agree about the defense, not so much on the wideout. Trade down for picks and get quality depth would be nice.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
A pick at wr is more of a luxury than necessity IMO. We don't use the weapons we have now to their fullest extent so it's hard to say we need to upgrade.
Our secondary is in need of depth, but Jenks and Tru with McDonald and McLeod is as solid as can get for a secondary. JJ gets flack and some of it is deserved, but the kid goes against the #1 from the other team. I've heard it argued that our dubs just line up outside and take whoever comes their way. That hasn't been the case the last few games for sure and I don't think it was unless it was Cortland and JJ outside.
Talent wise we need to draft smart and stockpiling for depth is the key. Keep the team young and inexpensive and hit home runs on our FA's. Right now Finn looks like the only whiff in that dept thus far. Cook is a beast when used correctly and he has proven that time and again.
As for the schedule I like your logic as far as seeing our true mettle, but damn it's no easy road and even a great team would be challenged by it. The good we have the team to beat all of these squads. The bad, the same can be said for our opponents with the exception of Tampa.

Last edited by a moderator:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Nice post SaneRamsFan sorry about your sanity it must be hard to maintain in this crazy world we live in in regards to this statement

....Our OL has been very good the last two weeks, but I stilll think we need to upgrade. Is Roger Saffold going to work out at guard and if so does he have interest in returning? Or for that matter do the Rams have interest in paying 6 mil per for a guard? If the line continues to trend upward against the better teams, one move may be enough. These games will answer the question.

In truth the OL has been good @ run blocking for the past three games. I agree with you that even presently the OL needs upgrading presently & in preparation for the future Sam OL too. Saffold working out @ OG???? Rams team have not seen better play from one of it OG positions since the heyday of Adam Timmerman! if the Rams can pay 15 million a season for a non funtioning broke down corner they sure better Anny up for a Saffold. It would be insane to continue to pay & keep Finnegan @ the same time not want to secure & pay a starting OG like Saffold.

..... Kellen Clemens has done an admirable job to this point as the backup quarterback. Enough so that up to this point it's reasonable to go into 2014 with him as the backup. But lets see what happens these last 5 games before we proclaim that position as solid. We may need to re-consider and spend a mid-roundish pick on QB.
Its time to draft a good steady young QB that will be happy being a back up to Sam

.....I think we still need a receiver. Not calling bust on anybody.
Why?
.....I think the developement of the receivers we have has been hurt .
Agree but the talent is surely there & then the question is who is being paid & is responsible for their development??

.....Bottom line as much as it pains me, if its my turn to pick and AJ Green or Julio Jones is available I pick them.
Sorry not even close .

.....On defense I believe it's pretty obvious where we need help. I would be surprised if they don't draft two corners. Another safety is a must.
Agree 100%

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't agree with the WR. We have a solid but young corp and still have Rock Stedy on special teams.

fearsomefour

Legend
Dahl -$4M
Saffold -$1.4M
Williams- $900,000k

There is your money to resign Saffold to play G and resign Shelley Smith and Barnes to keep the interior line depth in tact. That is taking for granted that Saffold is really interested in staying and playing G AND that he doesnt receive a big money offer to play LT somewhere….which I think he will. That is also assuming the other two sign vet minimum sort of deals and dont get offers to move on.
Either way, have to draft an OT or two in this draft. I like the idea of going early (1 of our first three picks) and one later in the draft.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Iv'e always kinda liked gettin the most per pound for my first round picks ie OT and DT but dang if a guaranteed jump ball winnin route runnin receiver with size, good hands and character were sitting there, you wouldn't?