Rams release chris long jared cook and jl55

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I hate to see both Chris Long and James Lauranitis gone , I mean I get it , and I understand it , but still pretty bummed , Chris Long has been one of my favorite players for 8 years now , although it is kind of hard to believe it's been 8 years

But I hate to see this happen to any players like Chris Long and James Lauranitis , they spend their whole career with one team , and never once even sniff the playoffs , because you know these guys had the chance to move on to better teams , but chose to stick it out with a crappy team , only to be released just before things got good

I would just like to give a big Thank You to both players

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Many thanks to Chris Long and James Lauranitis, two Ram leaders for several difficult years, and great guys overall. I don't know why the NFL allows teams to lose their most popular players every year. This hurts the fans, and you would think that fact alone would be enough to get the owners and players to design a solution so that teams can keep their players. That said, those guys made a ton of money over the last few years... especially Long. I know, I know... it's a business.

Its a business tilted to the owners. The NFL has tricked us into believing players are greedy. Not in my book, they deserve EVERY penny they can get from the owners.

RamBill

Legend
Nick Wagoner
ESPN Staff Writer

Just off the phone with now former Rams LB James Laurinaitis, who said he was a little caught off guard by his release today: "I was surprised by it, I was shocked at first," he said. "But I also know this is a business and when you start to move toward the front of the parking spaces and get a little older, all those people in front of you have left so you are not any different than anybody else who is getting up there. I'm going into year 8 and I'm still 29 and I still feel like I'm playing at a productive level. I was a little shocked from that point of view but man other than that, it's a business. ... I'm not bitter about that. Just a little surprised it happened this year but that's football."

http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0492476967375870690-4

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sucks, but it had to be done. Going to miss Laurinaitis and Long though. Two great Rams, and they always will be.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
After this. Tru and JJ better be in horns for the next few years. 66 mll is a lot of Cap space. A big chunk of that better contribute to scoring points. Alot more points.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
It's a sad, yet exciting.
Our Defensive QB is gone but that's the nature of the beast. He looked really slow this past year and wasn't quite the same. Gonna miss his battles with QBs when they audible and he responds by doing the same.

Long's leadership will be truly missed in the locker room. Stats don't show it but he was always putting pressure on the QB. 2 Injury plagued seasons, doomed him at his age.

Cook tried his best but just couldn't get it going. Maybe if he had a healthy QB throughout his tenure he would have fared better.

We now have the money to retain Jenks, Tru, and Barron. Get 'er done!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm sure the move to LA had a lot to do with the timing of these moves , as other Rams players start looking for houses in LA , The Rams were basically letting these three guys know , they don't need to

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Any guesses where those two end up?
I can see Spagnuolo banging the table for Chris Long right now in NY, and the Jets could use a quality MLB.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Any guesses where those two end up?
I can see Spagnuolo banging the table for Chris Long right now in NY, and the Jets could use a quality MLB.
Long to the Faiders
JLau to the Packers.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Laurinaitis to the Lions? No more Tulloch there right? That would be cool. I can still see him play, that way.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The master plan remains to be seen, but cutting James Laurinaitis over Rodger Saffold would be really dumb.

I would think but could be wrong here but Rodger Saffold is most likely still under the doctor's rehab schedule & nowhere close to 100%. Saffold is still trying to lift those 2 1/2 pound dumbbells more than twice a set.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Going to miss those guys, it's like when Sjax left. It sucks but ultimately it's for the better. I wish them the best.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would think but could be wrong here but Rodger Saffold is most likely still under the doctor's rehab schedule & nowhere close to 100%. Saffold is still trying to lift those 2 1/2 pound dumbbells more than twice a set.

Yeah and now that the Rams are in California maybe they can hire the Raider physicians who failed Saffold based on his shoulder.