Rams receivers continue to disappoint

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think he meant now that Sam is down.

yea i meant while sams down. no way shape or form is sam the problem. thos passes were on the money. i think that was a bad call on the cook drop he had the ball all the way to the ground

moklerman

Warner-phile
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, that game made me actually believe in Schottenheimer a little bit which is a bit of a silver lining. With better receivers, Bradford's got 300+ yards and 3 TD's very easily.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Five? Six more drops today? Granted, they are better than before but this group continues to come up short week after week. Even when they make the catch like on the 73 yarder to Quick, how many time have you see the WR take that to the house in the same situation?

It's such a dark day on this Rams season that I can't help but think that Bradford wouldn't have been in the situation to get injured if his receivers would have just caught the balls that were thrown to them.

Maybe with a few more games they would have all turned the corner but now we won't know. Just have a hard time forgiving the continued drops. There's just no excuse. I can live with them not bailing Bradford out with amazing catches or high YAC but the drops are inexcusable to keep happening.

I'm pretty concerned about our WRs.
They just don't seem to be developing.
I'm still willing to give them more time, but this is getting old.

lockdnram21

Legend

im not worried about quick that was the first time he go meaningful playing time. im excuseing the drops but i think he will be ok

V3

Hall of Fame

They need to bring in a new WR coach next season. I'm not a fan of Sherman.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Yeah, that game made me actually believe in Schottenheimer a little bit which is a bit of a silver lining. With better receivers, Bradford's got 300+ yards and 3 TD's very easily.

agreed.. although the game didnt go our way, I liked the play calls... thought it was long overdue to use austin's speed downfield, gutted it got pulled back though... shame..

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just maybe rams shound of went after a proven vet WR that.
They have all these babys on the team that are still learning the game.
Quick a project
Pettis a 3rd round pick that's slow but good in the endzone
Givins 4th round pick but will never be a number one guy but good 2nd or 3rd.
Austin a midget that looks no better than a slot guy that can't hold onto the ball

Austin has 1 fumble and a very low drop percentage. I would like to see him given his fair due. If it weren't for penalties, everyone would be calling him a top receiver.

Austin has 1 fumble and a very low drop percentage. I would like to see him given his fair due. If it weren't for penalties, everyone would be calling him a top receiver.

According to this site http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/ (I'm not sure on it's credibility) Austin has the highest drop rate of any receiver with 20 or more targets, if it weren't for the penalties he'd be 8th among rookie receivers, around 150 yards behind Keenan Allen and Nuk Hopkins. We'd be calling him a good punt returner I'm not sure on the receiver front.

V3

Hall of Fame

I have no idea where you're getting your info from because Austin leads the league in drops and his drop % is very high too.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

If you want to get into the more unique stats you can see he's not doing well there either.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr (not updated from this past Sunday yet)

V3

Hall of Fame
According to this site http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/ (I'm not sure on it's credibility) Austin has the highest drop rate of any receiver with 20 or more targets, if it weren't for the penalties he'd be 8th among rookie receivers, around 150 yards behind Keenan Allen and Nuk Hopkins. We'd be calling him a good punt returner I'm not sure on the receiver front.

Haha! Dang, you just beat me with the same site.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler

To be fair I've seen austin drop quite a few this season.. I know cos every time he gets the ball I hold my breath in expectation and then exhale in frustration after a 3 yard gain or a drop :(

RamzFanz

Damnit

I should have said top player, not receiver. I don't think that site is updated.

RamzFanz

Damnit
How is he a top player?

If you can't see what he is capable of, I don't have anything to offer. Penalties and terrible play design / calling have harmed his stats. When he gets the ball in the open field, he's always dangerous.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm starting to think WR is the lesser of our many worries, actually. Doesn't mean a dang thing without a QB. And even if they start looking better, it's a lesser QB so IDK.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Austin, Quick, and Bailey... these guys are too new to rate.

We need to remind ourselves the time it takes to develop at this position.

I was down on the WR corp last year... but I like the potential of our stable now. It's a lower priority in my book this offseason.