Rams receivers continue to disappoint

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Five? Six more drops today? Granted, they are better than before but this group continues to come up short week after week. Even when they make the catch like on the 73 yarder to Quick, how many time have you see the WR take that to the house in the same situation?

It's such a dark day on this Rams season that I can't help but think that Bradford wouldn't have been in the situation to get injured if his receivers would have just caught the balls that were thrown to them.

Maybe with a few more games they would have all turned the corner but now we won't know. Just have a hard time forgiving the continued drops. There's just no excuse. I can live with them not bailing Bradford out with amazing catches or high YAC but the drops are inexcusable to keep happening.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Some of them are inexcusable others happen every week to every team.

Quick in the end zone, Austin fumbling, Long penalty to bring back a long TD, defensive holding on 3rd down when they get a sack

The drops are painful but so are all of the mistakes

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't forgive the drops... I'm almost the verge of hoping we lose out and drafting a guy that throws balls they can't drop!!!! I don't know anymore...

OhioRam

Rookie
Just maybe rams shound of went after a proven vet WR that.
They have all these babys on the team that are still learning the game.
Quick a project
Pettis a 3rd round pick that's slow but good in the endzone
Givins 4th round pick but will never be a number one guy but good 2nd or 3rd.
Austin a midget that looks no better than a slot guy that can't hold onto the ball

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just watched Welker catch a ball that was on him the very second he turned his head. And I mean there's no way he could have even seen it coming - it was just there when he turned his head around, so he stuck his hands up real quick (looking up), and pulled it in while falling away. Ridiculous catch.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
lockdnram21 said:
I think if we can get a competent qb Quick will have a coming out party soon enough

Are you saying Bradford was not competent? :shock:

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
lockdnram21 said:
I think if we can get a competent qb Quick will have a coming out party soon enough

Thats a crazy comment... Bradford has not been the problem... Our receivers aren't catching, and when they do.. they get called back for a penalty...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
theramsruleUK said:
lockdnram21 said:

Thats a crazy comment... Bradford has not been the problem... Our receivers aren't catching, and when they do.. they get called back for a penalty...

I think he meant now that Sam is down.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Faceplant said:
theramsruleUK said:
lockdnram21 said:

I think he meant now that Sam is down.

ahhh fair enough... I'm not sure there's one available to be honest.. :(

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I find it hard to consider with any merit that the drops by this 2013 receiving cadre is Sam Bradford's fault. IMO this team reached 500 for a week on the merit of mostly Sam Bradford. For the posters who believe such a thing...we will see the direct evidence the next few weeks with someone other than Sam throwing the ball.

I place the drops on the players who are responsible for the catching of the football not elsewhere. I agree with the original poster that some of these Ram pass catchers are extremely disappointing. Quick would lead my disappointment list but many are bunched at the top of this list.

V3

Hall of Fame
I get pretty tired of all the excuses for the WRs. Catching isn't something that takes time to learn in the NFL. They've been catching for years. That's something they should already know and be able to do. I accept needing to learn schemes, route running, etc but there's NO excuse for drops- and this isn't something that happens to every team. I'm pretty sure we lead the league in drops.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I don't forgive the drops... I'm almost the verge of hoping we lose out and drafting a guy that throws balls they can't drop!!!! I don't know anymore...

That Bryce Petty at Baylor throws a pretty ball. It almost floats into his receivers hands. He hasn't seen any real competition yet, though. And this is his first year starting.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Does anyone have the video of the TD called back? Interested in seeing it.
The one that Long tripped on? I can make a video of that as soon as Replay lets me back in (MNF).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Awesome, thanks man.
No problem. Poor guy. lol. He had a dance all choreographed and everything.
And for NOTHING!

tavon.gif

Slappy967

Starter
Outside of the drops I see a lot to like out of the WR corps. They are growing into their roles, but a veteran presence would have been nice.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
I liked Schotty's gameplan for the first time in "ever". they came out heavy go up top first play, "wounded duck" DAMN. Then he commits to the run has enough success to keep them honest. Carolina had to think they could not do that to them. liked Givens on a drag route want to see that in the future. Austin blows by entire secondary FLAG, DAMN. Like seeing him used deep for a change. Stacey catching some passes out of the backfield, nice way to burn their "pressure". I thought the gameplan was very good, execution not so much. Love Fisher's coaching style want to see some discipline though if this team can get to league average in penalties and drops rather than lead the league their gonna kick some ass!