Rams re-sign OL Jamil Demby

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
It would be nice to see old man Whitworth, old man Sully and kind of old man Saffold a rest in some of these remaining games if we get up big.

All three are starting to wear down with various nicks.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I know it's beating a dead horse but damn i miss J brown.

Agreed! Never really understood that move. The only thing I can think of is it must of been salary cap related. Never heard or read anything negative about Brown!

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Agreed! Never really understood that move. The only thing I can think of is it must of been salary cap related. Never heard or read anything negative about Brown!

McVay is a big time players coach so I wondered at the time if he was just doing right by him and letting him go play somewhere else. I really never understood it, though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nice. I'm a bit surprised he was still available. Not hugely surprised, but a bit.
@den-the-coach is going to be so stoked about this.
giphy.gif

jjab360

Legend
Welcome back, big guy. Have to wonder if the FO knew this was a possibility from back when they first decided to release Jamon.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The minor injuries that happened last Sunday brought a sense of urgency to replenish that depth with the O-line. Shame we released Brown and that he's ballin in New York

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
YES! Demby was the pick I got right in the draft, and he's a good young lineman with potential, so I'm happy to have him back.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It would be nice to see old man Whitworth, old man Sully and kind of old man Saffold a rest in some of these remaining games if we get up big.

All three are starting to wear down with various nicks.

Only problem is you need to win games and you don't want Goff behind a couple of rookie offensive linemen.

Obviously if the Saints win out, assuming they have a 1 pm start time in week 17, then the Rams can sit the OL that last game.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams Re-Sign OL Jamil Demby

https://www.therams.com/news/rams-re-sign-ol-jamil-demby

By Myles Simmons

Los Angeles has brought back one of its draft picks, as the team signed offensive lineman Jamil Demby off of Detroit's practice squad.

The Rams cut Demby back in September when the team re-added defensive tackle Aaron Donald from the exempt list to the active roster. He was claimed off waivers by Detroit and was on the club's roster for a week before going to the practice squad for the duration of the season.

The 192nd pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, Demby played significant snaps in each of Los Angeles' four preseason games. Demby will be the team's eighth offensive lineman on the active roster, taking the spot on the 53 vacated by defensive back Dominique Hatfield going to injured reserve.

Los Angeles Rams re-sign OL Jamil Demby

Welcome back to one of the Rams’ original draft picks from 2018.
By Sosa Kremenjas

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/12/12/18138318/2018-los-angeles-rams-sign-ol-jamil-demby

926024362.jpg.0.jpg

With recent injuries to LG Rodger Saffold and C John Sullivan, the Los Angeles Rams have addressed the offensive line position by re-signing Jamil Demby:

#LARams Re-Sign OL Jamil Demby

Read » https://t.co/KZPePc6H6f pic.twitter.com/xNyTq4Kbh0

— Los Angeles Rams (@RamsNFL) December 12, 2018
Demby was originally drafted by the Rams in the 2018 NFL Draft. He was a sixth-round selection. Demby showed some quality play in the preseason as an offensive lineman who played at every spot sans center.

The Rams re-sign Demby from the Detroit Lions’ practice squad, and he will immediately join the 53-man active roster. Demby offers a versatile offensive line addition who showed an ability to play in the league and progressed with his short time in LA.

Both Saffold and Sullivan were banged up in week 13, though both returned and finished the game. Sullivan was tested for a concussion. Head Coach Sean McVay ensured they’d be fine moving forward, though offensive line depth is always crucial.

The Rams had a roster spot open as they recently moved CB Dominique Hatfield and RB Malcolm Brown to injured reserve.

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
Never really understood running with 7 olinemen. Almost bit us during that Bears game. Glad we got to learn from it before it really became an issue. Also ‘unluckily lucky’ the Hatfield injury opened up the roster spot and with Aqub back not a big hole created.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am with McVay on expanding the game day rosters. The tight limits don’t reward teams for finding late round picks, FA, and UDFAs to back up.

It doesn’t reward these backups by them being required to be inactive. They have no shot at live game action, and cannot show if they’ve improved, thus leading to future starting jobs. Which limits and pigeon holes them into a back up role and also makes it easier for a team to hide developing talent.

I get that the league wants parity but it’s a tough game. Do they want teams to essentially forfeit if a disaster occurs, like losing multiple players at one position? The Rams were down to one RB in Detroit. The Oline was hurting in Chicago. How does it make the game better by limiting the number of active players each week? Seems like backwards thinking.

fearsomefour

Legend
The minor injuries that happened last Sunday brought a sense of urgency to replenish that depth with the O-line. Shame we released Brown and that he's ballin in New York
Releasing Brown has had no affect at all.
Saffold missed five plays vs Chicago and Brown wouldn't play C. Although Blythe could slide to C and Brown to RG.
He's a good lineman with a weakness pass blocking. He is not Nate Newton for Gods sake.