Rams Radio. Mike Clay: Rams among the worst teams in the NFL in 2016, plus John Clayton.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wut?

There is zero correlation between playing on turf and getting injured vs playing on grass and getting injured.
Depression? The hell does that mean? Are you saying professional athletes get depressed playing on artificial surfaces?
Er uh, the GSOT seemed to be dealing with that depression fairly well then.

Maybe I went a little overboard.
The St.Louis & Philly have had the worst AstroTurf in football. If you remember when The Dome was trying to bring in real grass.That was around the GSOT times.Warner sure banged his he's on that stuff.Hand issue as well.Seems Marshall's knee didn't last that long.I know about anRB's shelf live though.Back in the day it used to be a bigger issue.Todays turf is totally different.

Depression is just once the negitive play comes in. Weather wise it is a lot easier to go to work in the sun. My point on that is what the players are saying.Weather is a positive vs a negitive.sometimes things get into players heads(minds).
-- How is the move going to effect The Rams players more than last year.Olayer were ask all season about what they thought if they were to move.Then add the uncertainty to it all.They were think about more than football. Now it is all about football.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm sorry I'm from Western New York.....I felt his point was dead on.... the fact that he was saying. ..there is plenty of reason to worry or plenty of reason to be positive. ..depending on your perspective. .... me I honestly see us going anywhere from 12-4 to 10-6 this year depending on injuries. .... I agree with your assertion that the D-line depth is good and our team will be even better on both sides of the ball than last year....and that the question facing the team depth wise turn out as improvements....at least most of them....the turf thing...lol I'm not going to answer.....that's just my opinion. ....;)

Go Rams......... ;)

Cool- great opinion, my biggest issue was depth on defense.
1. Chris Long !! I like the guy in a way. Just thought he was over valued for his production.-- Eugene Simms is a guy a lot of Ram fans forget about. This guy is going to have a solid year. Robert Quinn's back is probably my biggest concern. This guy who was interviewed had a bias opinion & really doesn't know The Rams depth. Grantit there are uncertainties, but I really like the depth up front a lot more this season.
-- Tell me the how The Rams have less depth ?? Hayes was horrible a couple games w/ his offsides & focus.He really played well the last few games.

Say what you want about The WR's dude can say what he wants about the WR's . I'm a big fan of the way The Rams have positioned themselves at the QB position. --He can talk about Nick Foles, but he honestly is the 4th best QB.
Mannion in my opinion is going to have a better career than Nick Foles. He will have value. I hope Foles can garner a 7th rd pick.

-- I'm not drinking the Kool-aide right now. I think The Rams might have a tough year because of those points I agree with. This guy is far from dead on is what I'm saying.

CJ Gaines missed all last year. Yes he did at a big expense cap wise.What would have Tru & JJ looked like had he been healthy ?? Playing time was going to be a issue somewhere for someone.CJ Gaines had a really
Nice rookie season. I think he continues to get better

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh I'm tired of worthless predictions of what we'll do in the 2016 one week into the offseason program. These articles are worthless, they're just for click bait. I have no idea who these 2 so called experts are other than they work for ESPN.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is why I don't watch ESPN or listen to sports radio. A bunch of blowhards in the media who don't know what they're talking about. But let them say we suck. Will make it that much sweeter when we prove them wrong. Goff was a blessing. The Rams are on the rise. Enjoy it, guys.

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend
These predictions are dumb man... I just don't see the Rams only winning 4 or 5 games. They are better than that. We'll win at least 7 (if our best players stay healthy)

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I doubt 7-9 or 8-8 will be among the worst in the league.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock

Rams go 7 and 9 last season.

Get rid of deadwood in the offseason.

Draft a much better qb than the ball and chain qbing for the Rams last season.

Somehow they turn into one of the worst teams in the league.

I'm not following the logic.

It's so obvious you don"t work for ESPN. :snicker::cheers:

jap

Legend
I am hoping that not only Malcolm Brown can truly step up in preseason, but also provide a nice one two punch with Gurley.

I want to keep Gurley fresh and not overuse him and I have no confidence in Tre Mason whatsoever, legal issues notwithstanding, Benny Cunningham tends to put the ball on the ground too much for my liking, however, I like him, but in a limited role. Brown has to be the guy IMHO because IMO the injury that the Rams would not be able to recover from most at this juncture is Gurley.

I agree. I like Malcolm's strength. My only concern, as I pointed out late last season, is that Malcolm needs to learn to hit holes immediately and get all that power, that momentum moving downhill. He tended to hesitate a tad before surging forward. With an enhanced Malcolm spelling Todd, the defense will never catch a break. It will be like getting multiple blows from two versions of Mjolnir.

Ram65

Legend
John Clayton signed a 4 year deal with ESPN and do work for Sirus NFL Radio. Good for him.

Ram65

Legend
Seemed to me to just be a negative outlook. Over stating everything in a negative way just because__________.

It such a long time till the season starts. Things are looking up. I'll wait and see wait and see what happens. The roster is so much stronger and better. It could take till Goff season two for everything to click offensively. A healthy Quinn, Donald and Ogletree along with others gets me excited about the Rams defense.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I say this with all due respect for two of my favorite posters over the years in @Elmgrove and @den..

QB development for Goff. Can Boras, Groh, and Weinke get it done, and quickly?
Will OL stay healthy and continue to gel? Looking at you, GRob.
How quickly can Higbee claim starting pass catching TE spot? Will he be a weapon in '16?
Cooper, Thomas, Spruce, McRoberts, North, Williams. Can SOMEONE please step up and be a reliable receiving target for Goff?
If Gurley stays healthy, he gets 1500 yards rushing and is Goff's best friend. But if he's injured... Gulp.

So yeah, my concerns are on the O side of the ball almost exclusively.

Only camp reports and preseason games can start to ease my worries there.

That is the question. The offense under Fisher has never developed a QB, and now the offense is held to task by that being the top priority.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
So PFF is saying that we'll suck because we lost a few players that PFF said weren't any good in the first place?
Nice!:thinking:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Predictions this time of year are like the weather report. If I see one I don't like, I'll keep looking until I find one I like.

Psycho_X

Legend
I forgot to touch on the Raiders part, I hate the Raiders but I do think they are going to be one of the best teams in the AFC this year and will have a good chance in the playoffs. They've done a decent job building that team up the last several years and they have a QB for the first time in a long time.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
The Rams will finish as good/ better than the Raiders. The Raiders are everyone's breathless infatuation right now, and I think they go 9-7 or 10-6, while the Rams finish 11-5.