Rams QB may be the blueprint for transition from spread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Wentz guy?

Am I a Wentz guy?

Not really.

I am a "not a college Air Raid QB guy, because they are always behind" guy.

Goff is developing on a little faster schedule than I thought he would and McVay has a significant role in speeding that development up.

I feel that Franklin is selling the Air Raid offense as a recruiting tool.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“I think you see him get more and more comfortable, just like anyone else would,” McVay said. “It just might be a different philosophical approach. It’s really been about over the last handful of months, figuring out what he’s comfortable with and what fits our players.”

giphy.gif

"Oh Sean, you have so much to learn. Figure out what he's comfortable with? Figure out what fits your players? This isn't J.C. Penney. We aren't shopping for clothes, ladies. If we score more than 13 points, you ladies are running stadiums after the game."

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I a Wentz guy?

Not really.

I am a "not a college Air Raid QB guy, because they are always behind" guy.

Goff is developing on a little faster schedule than I thought he would and McVay has a significant role in speeding that development up.

I feel that Franklin is selling the Air Raid offense as a recruiting tool.

But he's right. He was spot on with what he said. You can't claim square pegs are failures because they don't fit in round holes. One of my favorite quotes is "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

NFL coaches can accept reality for what it is, or they can end up watching games from home. McVay recognizes reality and uses it to his advantage. I'm glad we have that.

Tony Franklin that was fired at Auburn and now coaches at Middle Tennessee State.

Yeah, I'm going to be impressed with what he has to say about NFL offenses.

Well, he has coached multiple QBs who played in the NFL. He also learned from offensive gurus like Mike Leach and Hal Mumme. So yea, I'm interested to hear what he has to say.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
But he's right. He was spot on with what he said. You can't claim square pegs are failures because they don't fit in round holes. One of my favorite quotes is "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I don't know who you're arguing with but it sure as hell ain't me or my part of this discussion.

All Mumme has done is get himself fired for recruiting violations and Leach is a flake coaching a bottom tier PAC 12 team.

The Air Raid and its offspring have produced very little but projects for the Pro game.

We disagree and I'm fine with that.