Rams pursued Matt Patricia

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Maybe it's true. However, I can't help but notice the first line under the title reads:
"The Los Angeles Rams weren't quite down trying to make additions to their coaching staff."

The word 'down' can not be right. The author must have meant 'done'. That word would fit.

Just suggesting the Author and Publication may not be Top-of-the-Lane ... Loan ... Lein ... LINE!!! I mean Line!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah, they might have called him and considered him an option if Raheem got a head coaching gig. And that wouldn't make the author of that article a liar.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wouldn’t mind him calling the defense. I can’t speak to the fit with McVay, but you never know.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I suspect "pursued" to be a bit strong a word for it. Maybe "considered" is more appropriate. Because I am sure Stafford was like "WTF are you serious? Hell no" when brought in on that one.

dang

Legend
Was never a fan of Matt Patricia.
As a head coach, I had to shake my head whenever I saw him on the sideline with his backwards cap and a pencil sticking out of his ear. He was successful as a defensive coordinator but man was he in over his head as a head coach. On top of that, sounds like he was a chicken shit back stabber to some of his players.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I imagine the role would have been something like the defensive version of Jay Gruden or Greg Olson, nothing big.
I don't know if Greg Olson's spot was actually filled.

2018-09-13-MattyPatty.png

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I still can't believe the Lions sacked their successful coach for this bum.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As a head coach, I had to shake my head whenever I saw him on the sideline with his backwards cap and a pencil sticking out of his ear. He was successful as a defensive coordinator but man was he in over his head as a head coach. On top of that, sounds like he was a chicken shit back stabber to some of his players.
How hard is it to be a successful DC if your head coach is Bill Belichick?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
That was probably one quick conversation with Stafford and they're like, "Yeah, never mind."