Rams projected playoff run (fr other board)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
A guy from another board wrote this, it is interesting, but missing info:
I wrote this to my bro who is a Vikes fan:

Here is my perspective on the ‘entire’ NFC playoff picture and who can beat who:

Football is matchups, and so I don’t believe Case Keenum continues to play at a pro
Bowl level, though I do believe the Vikings defense will dominate in the playoffs against
Most teams. However, I do think the Rams and Falcons might be able to do some things
Against the Vikings that the other teams can’t. Dallas, the Falcons and Seattle may be the wild cards, we don’t know yet (even the Lions, too)

#3 seed LA Rams would
beat: Eagles or Vikings (very confident about Eagles, less on Vikings)
very well might lose to: Falcons or Saints and 50/50 chance on Panthers.
probably and likely beat: Seattle or Dallas

The Rams can beat the Eagles and Vikings straight up because of their QB play....assuming Case drops back a little. Also, the Rams may not match up well against the Falcons pass game or Saints run game....Oh, the Rams beat the Saints---yes, because they dominated Brees. In the re-match it will be totally different; this is the NFL, not high school. Coaches are paid to adjust, and Asshole Face will. Again, just opinion, kids.

Though the Vikings and Eagles might be better than the Rams, I don’t believe in their quarterbacks. Case can take them to the Super Bowl because of their defense.

#2 seed Vikings would
beat: Eagles, Saints, Dallas, and Seattle
very well might lose to: Falcons and Rams
probably beat: Panthers

The Vikings can easily stop Brees, and the Saints have an awesome running attack, but the Vikings are the defense that matches up with them.
The Rams and Falcons have probably the best “Offensive” minded coaches. I think both teams would re-play the Vikings totally different. LOL, maybe it wouldn’t matter, because Zimmer is a top 5 D coordinator.

#1 seed Eagles would:
beat: Dallas, Seattle and maybe the Panthers
would lose to: Saints, Rams, Vikings, maybe Falcons, too

Summary: I would love the Rams to beat the Falcons, then Vikings, then Eagles/Saints; however, beating the Falcons is no gimme. If they get past the Falcons, and stay healthy, I think they can beat ....in a game of matchups I wonder if we have the pass D to stop them....and they mix the run in very well. And another note: Football is all about matchups. If Cam Newton plays like 2015, I don’t think any team can beat the Panthers---he has been sooo inconsistent, so who knows know…..however, the Saints seem to know how because of the intradivisiona knowledge.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think the Falcons is the best match up. Some inside knowledge with having LaFleur on our staff now and the biggest reason is just the intangibles of having getting crushed by Atlanta last year as being the low point in LA for the Rams and these players. So that would be a real added extra motivation or just a rallying point for this team using that game as a realization of how far they have come. So I think they would crush Atlanta just like they did to Seattle. Plus Ryan is not mobile and would take a beating.

BTW, I thought Barwin looked a little quicker yesterday and was around Wilson alot...I mean I know half the team was around him,but being off 3 weeks seems to have been good for his legs and he looked fresh. A good sign for the playoffs.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the Falcons is the best match up. Some inside knowledge with having LaFleur on our staff now and the biggest reason is just the intangibles of having getting crushed by Atlanta last year as being the low point in LA for the Rams and these players.

BTW, I thought Barwin looked a little quicker yesterday and was around Wilson alot...I mean I know half the team was around him,but being off 3 weeks seems to have been good for his legs and he looked fresh. A good sign for the playoffs.
Excellent point on Barwin....I didn't see it....I know that Barron and Alec O need some new legs, too!

Didn't think that far about the Falcons---good point. I really hate Matt Iced up as bad as I used to hate Brady....I don't know why....