Rams Preseason Finale - Your “Likes” and “Dislikes”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm hoping the Rams can pick up an Offensive Linemen if Teven Jenkins is available I would make a deal for him because he has the ability to play both Guard & Tackle. Chandler Brewer & Bobby Evans were not very good again, Brewer was actually worse and it's time to move in another direction.
Brewer was good in limited time in week 1 and has regressed every week.
Disappointing to me as he looked decent early.
Anchrum, Jackson, Kolone.....thats about it for me.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Rams played a very soft zone. The way Morris played it early last year. Kendricks is obviously a zone CB who needs to play downhill. His effort was worrisome, off and on. Durant made a lot of rookie mistakes, to be expected.

Burgess has had a good preseason overall.
I agree with everything said here.
Kendricks and Durant just drip potential to me however.
Durant had a bad week 3 but thats ok.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with everything said here.
Kendricks and Durant just drip potential to me however.
Durant had a bad week 3 but thats ok.
He made a couple bad plays and a couple good plays. Rookie CB in the preseason will do that. Overall in the preseason I've seen much much more positive from both rookie CB.

fearsomefour

Legend
Like: Appears that Carberry finally found a replacement for RG Rookie Logan Bruss Saturday afternoon. #64 Jack Snyder. Mission accomplished!:thumbsup1:

Like: ER Keir Thomas was the best edge defender against the Bengals need to remind everyone ER's Chris Garrett & Benton Whitley played. :thumbsup1:

Dislike: Rams DC Morris can not be pleased with his safety performances....very weak.:thumbsdown:

Dislike : McVay did not play any NFL-caliber RB against the Bengals, after Henderson/ Akers/ Williams ....none deserve to make the MR53.:not:
Funk is marginal.
He contributes on ST in a real way. Beyond that his number one job, if he does find himself on the field, is not fumble. Which he did, in the redone no less.

fearsomefour

Legend
He made a couple bad plays and a couple good plays. Rookie CB in the preseason will do that. Overall in the preseason I've seen much much more positive from both rookie CB.
Me too.
Not having to play right away is such a positive for these guys.
They can learn and develop and really learn their roles in Morris' D.
I see big upside with both guys.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Dislike: The Rams approach to backup QB’s. I’d rather have one guy(older vet) who has a resume of game experience. If he suck’s that’s fine, most QB2’s suck.

The other spot should be a young guy who has ability worth trying to develop. McVay seems like the type of mind that would relish the opportunity to do this. He got every drop of ability out of Goff.

Is Perkins the worthy project or is it Wolford? Both? I say it’s neither.

Like: This roster looks damn good on paper. Excited for football.

fearsomefour

Legend
Thomas, Snyder, Kolone, Garcia, J Williams, Hummel, McCutcheon, Carter......likes.

Overall OL play, playing that soft zone coverage....dislikes.

fearsomefour

Legend
Pre-season often appears to be about which back up QB we roll with. And with that comes hope that Stafford remains fit.
Perkins does have a somewhat positive energy to his game, and he is willing to run, yet will be just the back up to the back up.

I think Thomas will make a nice addition when he plays alongside our starters.

Lowe could have made a statement if it weren't for the drop on a potential pick 6.

Funk and Ragas both disappointing. I thought Ragas might show some potential, but the fumble likely cost him.
Hard to judge the backs too much with such shoddy OL play.
Both appear solid but not explosive.....both fumbled.

fearsomefour

Legend
Dislike: The Rams approach to backup QB’s. I’d rather have one guy(older vet) who has a resume of game experience. If he suck’s that’s fine, most QB2’s suck.

The other spot should be a young guy who has ability worth trying to develop. McVay seems like the type of mind that would relish the opportunity to do this. He got every drop of ability out of Goff.

Is Perkins the worthy project or is it Wolford? Both? I say it’s neither.

Like: This roster looks damn good on paper. Excited for football.
I think both Wolford and Perkins could carry the load in the short term.
Part of a game or a couple of games.
The real long term project is likely still in college right now.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Anchrum, Jackson, Kolone.....thats about it for me.
I concur and Kolone as a center only, I was actually hoping Jack Snyder would show something in that area too. Hopefully, they will add another via trade or claim, but we are at #32 so it's doubtful anyone slips though.

fearsomefour

Legend
I concur and Kolone as a center only, I was actually hoping Jack Snyder would show something in that area too. Hopefully, they will add another via trade or claim, but we are at #32 so it's doubtful anyone slips though.
Snyder wasn't terrible....I was just speaking as active roster spots.
I hope Snyder makes it to the PS as he has shown something.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Snyder wasn't terrible....I was just speaking as active roster spots.
I hope Snyder makes it to the PS as he has shown something.
I concur and unless the Rams make a deal or pick up someone off waivers I have the roster looking like this come September.

1. Joe Noteboom
  2. David Edwards
  3. Brian Allen
  4. Coleman Shelton
  5. Rob Havenstein
  6. A.J. Jackson
  7. Tremayne Anchrum
  8. A.J. Arcuri
  9. Jeremiah Kolone

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
To be fair pre-season isn’t about expecting, its more about inspecting. Proper decisions to be made and move forward. The weakest links have been noticed and will be cut accordingly.
True not much there this season to get excited about to consider retaining from what I have seen in preseason.

DC Morris's most talented new drafted safety Quentin Lake has been injured for some time now missing a large chunk of the needed training. drafted rookie Russ Yeast has been there for its entirety :thumbsdown: . Dan Isom plays better than Yeast but not by much:thumbsdown:. Former 3rd rd selection & now in his 3rd season, Terrell Burgess has played in all 3 preseason games & is the best of the mess but not by much.

DC Morris does have 3 young veteran starting-type safeties to field (2 will be UFA's in March, but overall this off-season has not seen any improvement as expected. Not a good situation.
Hard to judge the backs too much with such shoddy OL play.
Both appear solid but not explosive.....both fumbled.
I did not find all the entire OL putting in the shoddy effort fearsomefour. I have said plenty on Evans & Kolone thus far & it was NOT good. OG Brewer finally had a few poor blocks in gm 3 eben though his first 2 gms were mistake-free. Brewer was taking on those massive 350-plus NT's most of the game. The Bengals DL sure has some serious mass inside.

On the flip side, I did observe 2 rookie OL'ers who played very hard & mistake-free named Arcuri & Snyder. However, what was very noticeable was poor blocking by the TE's & WR on the field.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yes and you heard it in the voices of the boys in the last Between the Horns when they were discussing him vs Cincy in the practice. They were talking about how good he is in outside zone, how smoothly he catches the ball, how he has that tendency to "pop" out of the pile which is something certain backs just have. I'm just thankful the kid is healthy and the season is here with that room holy Christ.

Look at the bull rush he gets vs the LT on the Hoecht sack. This kid is powerful as hell.

View: https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1563663583900205059?s=20&t=RgRsoSjBFP4pcFttdUp1IQ

He's quick too in a small space. Showed it last preseason as well. Might be our 3T backup to AD if he keeps developing but either way I really like his game just don't have him in there on run downs vs your bigger fronts.

Though I will credit him that he looks bigger this year to me. Not sure if true, but either way I love the way Henderson maximizes these guys.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes and you heard it in the voices of the boys in the last Between the Horns when they were discussing him vs Cincy in the practice. They were talking about how good he is in outside zone, how smoothly he catches the ball, how he has that tendency to "pop" out of the pile which is something certain backs just have. I'm just thankful the kid is healthy and the season is here with that room holy Christ.
Yeah thought when we drafted him he'd get to that spot and think he takes over #2 next year when we let Hendo walk in free agency.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The QBs to me do not deserve 3 spots on this team. So pick one. Wolf clearly had a good camp. Perk had good preseason games. Personally I would go Perk for reason of I don't trust Wolf to stay healthy. Perk is far more durable, he can take hits and get up whereas Wolf runs into players like a jackass and is a concussion waiting to happen. But I don't really care either way, just don't cut someone with promise for that QB3 role.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah thought when we drafted him he'd get to that spot and think he takes over #2 next year when we let Hendo walk in free agency.
I don't expect that to take until next year. Henderson is only the RB2 right now because the rook broke his foot and was set back. How I know this is because there is sufficient film of Henderson's strengths and weaknesses. He wilts when the seams aren't there and disappears, plus he can't stay healthy.

Either way though being 3 deep in that backfield is much better than being 2 deep which is what matters. This is a contract year for Henderson, so if he does magically stay healthy and show more resilience pounding into tough fronts then it's undoubtedly because he wants to get paid. But either way we benefit so I don't care who it is as long as we get better consistency in that backfield.

If the RBs get it done this year then I am certain Stafford will run away with MVP. Because at that point he's got the weapons on top of that run game. But not gonna get too high just yet until I see that OL in live snaps vs Buffalo. I want to see Boom and Shelton play well and if that happens yeah this offense is going to do some crazy shit.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I see players like Thomas and Hutch and yes while the competition would be greater I'd also like to see how Thomas would ay with the AD effect he might be a beast. Hutch with that ability to jump ball excellent hands and seems to run routes well with room to improve but also with the number ones would probably be a beast as well.

I still think key is the offensive line depth and keep Stafford healthy as possible and being able to run. I will continue to bang the drum for Fischer and especially Williams unless they pull out another Corbett trade. To really enjoy and utilize a full weaponry staying keeping Stafford upright and run blocking for our above average backs would take them to the next level.