Rams Pre-Training Camp Team and Player Predictions- 101 ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

If anyone offered up team and player predictions for the St. Louis Rams prior to last season’s training camp and preseason slate, they likely missed the mark on several projections – and missed the entire doggone map on other picks.

For instance, how many boldly suggested that seventh-round running back Daryl Richardson would greatly out-produce the much more esteemed and highly touted second-rounder Isaiah Pead?

And how many predicted that fourth-round wide receiver Chris Givens would post substantially better numbers than second-round selection Brian Quick? (Actually, I nailed that one as I projected that Givens would become one of the draft’s biggest steals.)

And – as a third of several other examples – how many not only reasonably projected seven victories, but pegged St. Louis at 7-8-1 rather than 7-9?

(Hope each of you will enjoy the full piece below. I'm sure there will be picks we agree with and disagree with, too.)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/06/13/rams-pre-training-camp-team-and-player-predictions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/06/13/ram ... edictions/</a>

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: Rams Pre-Training Camp Team and Player Predictions- 101

Good job as usual Shane.
Can't make any comments at your site because I don't have any of those 4 accounts to sign in with.
Here's what I would have said/changed:

Best Per-Rush Average: Isaiah Pead
Most Receptions: Tavon Austin
Defensive MVP: Michael Brockers
All goes right...11-5

Thanks for sharing. :bg:

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

albefree69 said:
Good job as usual Shane.
Can't make any comments at your site because I don't have any of those 4 accounts ti sign in with.

All goes right...11-5

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate that. Good to hear from you as always.

I could certainly see Pead having the best rushing average, particularly in what looks to be a predominantly spread offense.

Leading a team in receptions as a rookie is tough, but it's easier to do so out of the slot than wide... plus, Austin may catch a few balls out of backfield.

As for Brockers, I actually contemplated him in my "next best bet" category... I could see him being a true difference maker inside, both in terms of pressures/sacks as well as stuffing the inside run.

As for your "all goes right" commentary, I hope you are right rather than me. :)

-- As for 101 ESPN, the new comment setup is kind of a work in progress it seems.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

ShaneG replied:
Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate that. Good to hear from you as always.

I could certainly see Pead having the best rushing average, particularly in what looks to be a predominantly spread offense.

Leading a team in receptions as a rookie is tough, but it's easier to do so out of the slot than wide... plus, Austin may catch a few balls out of backfield.

As for Brockers, I actually contemplated him in my "next best bet" category... I could see him being a true difference maker inside, both in terms of pressures/sacks as well as stuffing the inside run.

As for your "all goes right" commentary, I hope you are right rather than me. :)

-- As for 101 ESPN, the new comment setup is kind of a work in progress it seems.

I'm thinking that Austin is going to get a lot of shovel passes after Cook clears out the LBs.

Seems like you should just be able to use your email to register. That I have. Of course you might be able to do that and I just can't see it. :boohoo:

ShaneG

Starter

albefree69 said:
ShaneG replied:

I'm thinking that Austin is going to get a lot of shovel passes after Cook clears out the LBs.

Seems like you should just be able to use your email to register. That I have. Of course you might be able to do that and I just can't see it. :boohoo:

I agree with you fully re: Austin... the Rams are going to utilize a multitude of avenues to get the ball in his hands and do what he does best thereafter: run.

As for the comment section, I kind of preferred the old way. There were many more comments and it was easier to interact due to the simpler platform. I'm sure there are legit reasons for the switch and I'm sure it will be better in the long run... or at least I hope so.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

ShaneG naively thinking it's not all about money:
I'm sure there are legit reasons for the switch and I'm sure it will be better in the long run... or at least I hope so.

Well put Shane. :ww:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Nice job Shane, as always.

I also see some concerns with the interior of the OL.
I want to see how that all shakes out.
Also, of course safety is also a concern.

Thank you

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Excellent piece Shane and I think all of us are looking forward to the Rams becoming more relevant once again in the NFL. My sleeper this year is Safety Rodney McLeod. With Stewart's injury history and even with the recent signing of Matt Giordano the former Cavalier CB IMO offers the best option in coverage.

ShaneG

Starter

Rambitious1 said:
Nice job Shane, as always.

I also see some concerns with the interior of the OL.
I want to see how that all shakes out.
Also, of course safety is also a concern.

Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to share those kind words. They are never taken for granted.

I agree with you re: the interior of the OL as the perimeters (LT & RT) should be particularly strong. Hopefully Wells stays healthy and someone steps up in a big way at LG. Safety is certainly the key area in terms of how far this defense can ultimately ascend.

ShaneG

Starter

den-the-coach said:
Excellent piece Shane and I think all of us are looking forward to the Rams becoming more relevant once again in the NFL. My sleeper this year is Safety Rodney McLeod. With Stewart's injury history and even with the recent signing of Matt Giordano the former Cavalier CB IMO offers the best option in coverage.

First off, thanks a ton for the kind words re: my piece. I appreciate that.

I too am becoming concerned with Stewart's injury frequency. I think he's the guy if he can stay healthy through the entirety of camp, but looking at last camp and the OTA's this year, that is far from a given.

McLeod looked pretty darn solid during camp last year. He has more potential than many realize.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Another good read Shane.

I remember the question was already asked in some way but I'll ask again. I think I recall you saying you would be at training camp. But what I don't recall is how much of training camp you think you'll be able to attend and of course write about. Any idea?

ShaneG

Starter

RamFan503 said:
Another good read Shane.

I remember the question was already asked in some way but I'll ask again. I think I recall you saying you would be at training camp. But what I don't recall is how much of training camp you think you'll be able to attend and of course write about. Any idea?

I am hoping the answer to the above is all of it. I hope to be in position to do EXTENSIVE DAILY REPORTS along with daily player interview write-ups, etc... Some details are still being worked out, however.

Worst case scenario: I will be there a few days per week and will be writing at least one and oftentimes two pieces each day I am there... one being a camp report and one (or more) being player/coach interviews.

If you were reading me last year, I was there daily with a now defunct operation and was able to provide pretty extensive material including player interview write ups and daily camp reports with detailed coverage.

Happy Father's Day!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

ShaneG said:
RamFan503 said:
Another good read Shane.

I am hoping the answer to the above is all of it. I hope to be in position to do EXTENSIVE DAILY REPORTS along with daily player interview write-ups, etc... Some details are still being worked out, however.

Worst case scenario: I will be there a few days per week and will be writing at least one and oftentimes two pieces each day I am there... one being a camp report and one (or more) being player/coach interviews.

If you were reading me last year, I was there daily with a now defunct operation and was able to provide pretty extensive material including player interview write ups and daily camp reports with detailed coverage.

Happy Father's Day!

Very cool and Happy Father's Day to you as well Shane.

nighttrain

Legend

albefree69 said:
Good job as usual Shane.
Can't make any comments at your site because I don't have any of those 4 accounts to sign in with.

All goes right...11-5

Can you get some help in getting a facebook acct Albe? If so the sign in really easy using facebook
train

And to you Shane, excellent prognosis!
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

nighttrain sharing good advice:
Can you get some help in getting a facebook acct Albe? If so the sign in really easy using facebook
train

I'll ask my son for some help the next time he comes over but Facebook looked pretty daunting the last time I briefly visited the site. Maybe if I just sign up and leave it like that. Thanks for the good advice train.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

This got me thinking about the loss of privacy and rights the internet has engendered. I've decided that I don't want to be forced to join a website that requires you to sign over the rights to everything you do there. It's not that I'm paranoid about anything but I disagree with it on principle. It wouldn't bother me to sign up at 101 because I want the services and I'm willing to pay the price but I don't think I'm going to let someone force me to join Facebook or any other site.

Doesn't change my gratitude for your help though train. :tyty:

nighttrain

Legend

albefree69 said:
This got me thinking about the loss of privacy and rights the internet has engendered. I've decided that I don't want to be forced to join a website that requires you to sign over the rights to everything you do there. It's not that I'm paranoid about anything but I disagree with it on principle. It wouldn't bother me to sign up at 101 because I want the services and I'm willing to pay the price but I don't think I'm going to let someone force me to join Facebook or any other site.

Doesn't change my gratitude for your help though train. :tyty:
you can also do it just using google amigo, facebook and all the others freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, and only know what YOU tell them
train

ShaneG

Starter

nighttrain said:
albefree69 said:
Good job as usual Shane.

All goes right...11-5

train

And to you Shane, excellent prognosis!
train

Thank you, nighttrain! Appreciate that... hope all is well with you. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Hey Shane. Are you attending Rookie Camp?