Rams Pre-draft Visits per Jim Thomas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

F. Mulder

Starter
DR RAM said:
F. Mulder said:
DR RAM said:
[tweet]319597574220808193[/tweet]

Franklin visited the Rams today. Very familiar with this kid. Very fast, makes the most out of each run, great vision. Not real big, but runs hard, good hands. Had a fumble problem until last year. Left UCLA as all-time rushing leader. Also a very intelligent kid. Wants to be the Mayor of L.A. someday.

I like him a lot as well. I think he's being ranked a bit low. Think he had some fumble issues early on but he looks like a real nice NFL back to me. Now where.....that is another issue. Could he slide to the 3rd?
Sounds like he is really rising. I thought he was a third rounder before, maybe a second now. I love the player, probably seen every game he's ever played, but my issue is that he is really similar to Pead in size and style. He's a play-maker, that's for sure, he probably had the best day of all the backs at the Senior Bowl, although he certainly wasn't the highest touted. He's a good to very good pass protector, especially for his size.

I think he runs with more power and is more of a one-cut runner vs. Pead (who frustrates me with the early season jukes I saw)--still--2nd too high at their current draft position, don't you agree??

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
F. Mulder said:
DR RAM said:
F. Mulder said:
DR RAM said:
[tweet]319597574220808193[/tweet]

Franklin visited the Rams today. Very familiar with this kid. Very fast, makes the most out of each run, great vision. Not real big, but runs hard, good hands. Had a fumble problem until last year. Left UCLA as all-time rushing leader. Also a very intelligent kid. Wants to be the Mayor of L.A. someday.

I like him a lot as well. I think he's being ranked a bit low. Think he had some fumble issues early on but he looks like a real nice NFL back to me. Now where.....that is another issue. Could he slide to the 3rd?
Sounds like he is really rising. I thought he was a third rounder before, maybe a second now. I love the player, probably seen every game he's ever played, but my issue is that he is really similar to Pead in size and style. He's a play-maker, that's for sure, he probably had the best day of all the backs at the Senior Bowl, although he certainly wasn't the highest touted. He's a good to very good pass protector, especially for his size.

I think he runs with more power and is more of a one-cut runner vs. Pead (who frustrates me with the early season jukes I saw)--still--2nd too high at their current draft position, don't you agree??
I think he's too close to Pead for US to pick him in the 2nd. I agree that Franklin is more of a one cut guy, but I've seen Pead do that and it might be a coachable issue.

NFL Draft Scout has just recently moved Franklin to their #3 back behind Lacy and Bernard. Most people have him as a 2-3 round prospect. I see him as a mid second to mid third. I definitely would not pick him in the second with our pick. He would be hard to pass up in the third round based on BPA, but still, I'd hesitate unless I was really worried about Pead and Richardson. He may very well be in the top 3 RB's chosen in this draft.

I guess he falls into the category of "what if" he falls to the mid-third round for us.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I think he's too close to Pead for US to pick him in the 2nd. I agree that Franklin is more of a one cut guy, but I've seen Pead do that and it might be a coachable issue.

Marshall Faulk mentioned in that radio interview that he saw a bit of "dear in the headlights" with Pead last season and that he may have been a bit (overwhelmed) by all the information. That may well account for all or at least most of his indecision last year. Hopefully he'll make greater strides this season or the running game will obviously suffer.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
FWIW, I don't think we'll draft a RB this year. I think we'll see Pead, Richardson and Ganaway share the load - runningback by committee...

IMO Ganaway has a lot to offer the Rams with his size and speed. 5'11 and 240lbs - what I like about this is his commitment - his background wasn't the easiest... his Combine 40yd speed was a disappointing 4.67, he worked at that and on his pro day improved to a 4.5 guy - that's quicker than SJ and at the same weight, he's 5'11 which makes this guy a pocket freight train with a low centre of gravity. His biggest strength is his ability to run between the tackles, he grinds for yards up the middle, picking up yards after contact, he runs leaning forward, squeezing every inch out of a run - it aint pretty but it's effective! He's not versatile as a pass-catcher nor an outside edge runner but we have Richardson and Pead for that...

nighttrain

Legend
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
[tweet]319587496839245824[/tweet]

Another guy that I favor, Mr. Larry Warford - G, Kentucky. Won't make it to the third.

Hell, yes! I hope he gets major consideration for our pick in the second round, if not #22.

Warford did not allow a quarterback sack all year. Graded out by his team at 90.3 percent for the season, and he totaled 48 knockdown blocks.
i'd take him in the 2nd round in a NY second, and he could be there easy
train