Rams Pre-Draft Event tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think they wanted to face the elephant in the room being the stadium issue and/or relocation.
It's a safe bet that questions were bound to touch on those topics.

This was more about show casing previous draft picks (Robinson, Donald) and the faces of the franchise in Foles, Laurinaitis & Bruce.

They spent less time discussing this years prospects (then they had in previous years) and never mentioned a thing about "current events".

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I don't think they wanted to face the elephant in the room being the stadium issue and/or relocation.

This was more about show casing previous draft picks (Robinson, Donald) and the faces of the franchise in Foles, Laurinaitis & Bruce.

They spent less time discussing this years prospects (then they had in previous years) and never mentioned a thing about "current events".
Oh, okay, got it. I wasn't even thinking about relocation or stadium issues. My focus is all on the draft and possible trade scenarios.

thanks for the update. Always appreciate your posts.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thanks for sharing Coach.

Looks like a great time. I would have loved to have been there.

Ms Snead is very easy on the eyes... looks like she wears the pants around the Snead house too. LOL

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

Yes, that could have gotten ugly very quickly!

I really enjoyed it last year when they showed Sam doing his rehab and then brought him out on stage. Sad to see that bubble burst a few months later.

Maybe all the discussion on Peat was their indication this year??

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Not sure about that. This year was really different than any of the previous years.. Even tho Peat was the choice in the mock, and even when Charles Davis revealed that was his latest choice, it didn't get much of a reaction from Les Snead whatsoever.

The mock had Brandon Scheerf going early on and that pick actually received the most reaction from the audience. It actually made Snead ask if that was "the player" the fans wanted.

One thing I overlooked in my previous comments on the evening, was a new twist of bringing fans up on stage to "answer" select questions from the Wunderlich test. They were trying to show examples of what this test was like, and asked each and every player who was on stage at the time, how they recall taking the test. While it served as a time filler while the teams "were on the clock" for the mock draft, it wasn't very well organized, and many of the fans who were "drawn" from a raffle ticket either didn't respond, or took a long time geting up to the stage. Their "prize" for participating was an autographed Rams helmet from the player on stage at the time.

So this took up most of the down time, rather than focusing on the player profiles being picked in the mock draft.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Interesting...

What were the reactions for the Cooper and White picks? I think a lot of people want either Scherff, Cooper or White. If none are there, I wouldn't mind a trade down for more picks.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for the report, Coach.

Yeah... it's going to be a tough year for pressers for these guys.

This was their first "test" of how they are going to face the inevitable "questions"... sounds like they decided to "not go there".

Sooner or later, they'll just have to address it... or not.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Interesting...

What were the reactions for the Cooper and White picks? I think a lot of people want either Scherff, Cooper or White. If none are there, I wouldn't mind a trade down for more picks.
Not much of a reaction either way, as they both went pretty early, (within the first 6 picks). The consensus seemed to be towards Offensive line, (duh!).

The one comment that got a reaction was from Greg Robinson, when asked if he wanted to draft another "brother to join him on the O-Line", he said, "I hope so, we NEED one"!!!

And Mike Wauffle, who was on stage raving about the Aaron Donald choice, talked about the process of last years draft when it came around to their second pick in the 1st round and Donald was still there.

He raved about the scouting process as it pertained to Donald, and how "his best coaching" job was when he brought Donald in for that first unit meeting, and told him.... "don't listen to anything I listen to anything I say, keep playing the way you play!"

With Donald up on stage with him, Wauffle made the statement recently when asked about who they should draft..... "I told Coach Fisher and Les, that "Go ahead and draft another position, I am good here".

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
With Donald up on stage with him, Wauffle made the statement recently when asked about who they should draft..... "I told Coach Fisher and Les, that "Go ahead and draft another position, I am good here".

So this means Danny Shelton at #10

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Good stuff, Coach...

Do you happen to have any close-ups of Kara Henderson from last night by chance??

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Good stuff, Coach...

Do you happen to have any close-ups of Kara Henderson from last night by chance??
Sorry, wasn't close enough to get em, and since my wife was there with me...... Well...............

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Good stuff, Coach...

I have a pic or 2 of her.... errrrr, of her "backside".... that I took at the Tampa game. LOL

I'll try to remember to post them later.