Rams Pre-Draft Event tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Anyone else going to be there? its a fun event at Rams Park, and can get a little insight if you pay close enough attention to how things are said.

Last edited:

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Anyone else going to be there? its a fun event, and can get a little insight if you pay close enough attention to how things are said.

Wish I could but look forward to what you get from it.

A55VA6

Legend
I wish I could, but I don't live in STL. :(

Everyone that is going, have fun! And bring us back some details if anything interesting is said.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hoping to get our first glimpse of Nick Foles tonight. And Fisher usually likes to have fun when answering questions about their thoughts about the direction they may go. And of course, the mock draft that is held is interesting to say the least.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Hoping to get our first glimpse of Nick Foles tonight. And Fisher usually likes to have fun when answering questions about their thoughts about the direction they may go. And of course, the mock draft that is held is interesting to say the least.

I hope to hear the clif notes from you tomorrow. I remember enjoying hearing about it from you last year.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, this kind of stuff makes me jealous!!!!!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wish I could but look forward to what you get from it.

I wish I could, but I don't live in STL. :(

Everyone that is going, have fun! And bring us back some details if anything interesting is said.

I hope to hear the clif notes from you tomorrow. I remember enjoying hearing about it from you last year.
These comments pretty much cover my Feelings too!
Really look foreword to hearing from everyone about the event!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
yodapic.jpg
:ROFLMAO:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Just got home. Event was good. A little disorganized as compared to past years. The "guest players" included our first intro to Nick Foles, as well as Greg Robinson, Aaron Donald, Coach Mike Waffle, James Laurinatis, and the Rev, Ike Bruce.

Once again the event was Emceed by Kara Henderson-Snead, and Les Snead. Coach Fisher made a brief appearance, mostly to publicly welcome Nick Foles to St. Louis.

They once again conducted a mock draft thru the 10th pick. With the Rams pick being Andrus Peat, OT - Stanford in an unplanned "trade-up" with Atlanta to the 8th spot. Needless to say, Kara was not happy with that, as it was not part of the "rules" of the draft.

Live video feed from a member of the Rams PR staff from Chicago, showing the set in the Auditorium the actual draft will be held. Also, a live skype interview with Charles Davis discussing his feelings about the upcoming draft, and his choice for the Rams in his latest mock. He also had the Rams picking Andrus Peat.

All in all, it was a nice event, VERY WELL attended, and the crowd was enthusiastic overall. Nick Foles was greeted with a standing ovation, as were Aaron Donald and Isaac Bruce.

CDzNC9CUsAAuzic.jpg
CDzS6JHVEAAghY7.jpg
Nick.jpg

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I had tickets but my buddy bailed and my son wasn't feeling well. Have been in past and was looking forward to going. It's always nice to see the very sexy Kara Henderson in person!

Coach - any indication / hints that you heard?

Yea I'd be disappointed too if they traded UP to get Peat!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The trade up was not scripted,, in fact Kara seemed genuinely ticked off that they pulled it. As soon as it went down, Kara even asked Les, why would we have to trade up to get Peat, couldn't we just stay at 10 and get him? LOL

He immediately said, that when making the decision to trade up for a player, its not about the letter (position), its more about the person. And if that is THE person you want, you go get him. But make no mistake, he wasn't condoning a trade up to draft Peat.

This year, more than any other, they didn't address any possibilities. They really didn't spend a lot of time talking about the potential draftees, other than to gloss over some of the higher picks as they were "selected" in the mock draft.

I also found it interesting, but very noticeable, that they did NOT entertain ANY questions from the audience this year. I think we all know why!!!!!!

Fisher was not on stage very long at all, and didn't even begin to want to get into any draft scenarios as he has done in previous years.

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
Thanks for the recap, Coach. I'd be fine with Peat and wouldn't mind the trade up if they really like him, they didn't give much up, and they know for certain that NY was going to take him. Basically the same thing they did with a small trade up for Joyner last year when they seemed to have inside info Tenn was going to take him.