Rams practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
It's called a joke.
Ok ... I just keep seeing things on the internet like people know what they don't actually know. I was hoping you weren't doing that. Social media has been both a blessing and a bane at times. All good Bro.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
FWIW's the Rams have no Offensive Tackles on the practice squad, they currently only have three on the active roster in Whitworth, Williams & Donnal, with Saffold also having the ability to play tackle albeit for only about one quarter.
Here's my 2 cents ....

#1-Andrew Whitworth> LT over 168 NFL gms @ LT
#2-Rodger Saffold> LT/RT/LG/RG started 42 gms in the NFL @ OT.
#3-Rob Havenstein> RT/RG started 28 gms @ RT.
#4-Andrew Donnal> RT/RG has played in 21 gms as a reserve & started or finished 4 gms @ both OT posts with 4 of the same @ OG.
#5-Darrell Williams> LT played in 5 gms as a reserve swing OT.

I would have to guess den that the release of Micheal Dunn OT from the PS has something to do with the signing of J.J. Dielman who did have 3 yrs starting experience at RT @ right tackle @ Utah Pac 12. I just happen to like the way RT Dunn improved in pre season .

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Here's my 2 cents ....

#1-Andrew Whitworth> LT over 168 NFL gms @ LT
#2-Rodger Saffold> LT/RT/LG/RG started 42 gms in the NFL @ OT.
#3-Rob Havenstein> RT/RG started 28 gms @ RT.
#4-Andrew Donnal> RT/RG has played in 21 gms as a reserve & started or finished 4 gms @ both OT posts with 4 of the same @ OG.
#5-Darrell Williams> LT played in 5 gms as a reserve swing OT.

I would have to guess den that the release of Micheal Dunn OT from the PS has something to do with the signing of J.J. Dielman who did have 3 yrs starting experience at RT @ right tackle @ Utah Pac 12. I just happen to like the way RT Dunn improved in pre season .

I've got Saffold more like > LT/LG/RG/RT. He had one of the best 4 game runs i'd seen at RG a couple years back. Too bad that was wasted when he had to be moved again and never seemed to recapture that magic. Wasn't impressed at all when playing RT. jmo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

They could bring him back (Dunn) but I agree with you that the hope might be to develop Dielman into a RT besides the fact of wanting to keep Mundt & Peterson, although I would have released Isiah Johnson IMO because the Rams now have 100 Safeties.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I have a feeling that once Donald returns, you'll see one of Blythe, Dielman and Neary waived. And they'll try and sneak whichever one, onto the PS.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They could bring him back (Dunn) but I agree with you that the hope might be to develop Dielman into a RT besides the fact of wanting to keep Mundt & Peterson, although I would have released Isiah Johnson IMO because the Rams now have 100 Safeties.
At least half of their safeties are hybrids though, able to play safety and corner. Which in his past has been Wades MO.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have a feeling that once Donald returns, you'll see one of Blythe, Dielman and Neary waived. And they'll try and sneak whichever one, onto the PS.

On the other side of the line, I have to wonder how tenuous is Joyner's hold on his FS position.

Probably Neary, but Joyner can put an extra $1mil + onto Donald's bonus. jmo.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
On the other side of the line, I have to wonder how tenuous is Joyner's hold on his FS position.

Probably Neary, but Joyner can put an extra $1mil + onto Donald's bonus. jmo.

I don't see them cutting a starter for an unproven backup. I'm willing to give Joyner the benefit of the doubt, as we haven't even seen him in his new role aside from a handful of plays on preseason.

But I agree, probably Neary.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

giphy.gif

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
At least half of their safeties are hybrids though, able to play safety and corner. Which in his past has been Wades MO.

Very good point although I still don't feel Countess can cover man to man, he's better in zone IMO.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I agree and IMO, it will be Neary, however, I didn't think Hatfield was the guy they liked the best out of the young corners, so it might end up being someone else.