Rams Practice Squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ram Quixote said:
Any word on Brodine?
I'm not sure he is eligible, he has already been on a PS for two seasons.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
DR RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:
Any word on Brodine?
He was on Wagoner's eligible list.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16139</a>

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ram Quixote said:
DR RAM said:
Ram Quixote said:
Any word on Brodine?
He was on Wagoner's eligible list.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16139</a>
Maybe he is. I don't really understand the third season eligibility rule:

If served two seasons on a practice squad, are eligible for a third season only if the team has at least 53 players on its active/inactive list for the duration of that player's employment.

Don't all teams do this? Then, if so, why the second year rule?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Sometimes there are periods, usually of short duration, when you have less than 53 on your active roster and on IR. If that happens and you don't fill the void immediately with someone from your PS, everyone currently on your practice squad becomes permanently ineligible for a 3rd year. I guess that's so you can't hold off adding someone to your roster until another team releases a player you've been eyeing.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
There is a report that Brodine and Emory Blake were the last two added to the squad

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[tweet]https://twitter.com/101espn/status/374286930524905473[/tweet]

Well, these are the 8. I am glad that Brodine was eligible, he needs to bulk up though.

Helmick, was he a prima dona? Wonder what the true story is there?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I'm sure that's temporary though. Let's see what it's like after all the cuts clear waivers.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
I'm sure that's temporary though. Let's see what it's like after all the cuts clear waivers.
Most of them have. I think it's interesting that we didn't go after anyone else. Seems like we would have left a spot open, but maybe not. These teams are really fluid throughout the year.

We could still sign a Tackle, for instance, then PS Washington, and bump Emory Blake.

Added: Kind of surprised the Ty Nsekhe didn't make it. He played really well the last two preseason games, but that's the rub on him, inconsistent.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I was hoping Lutz and Helmick would have signed to the practice squad. I wanted to see them get another chance in horns

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAMS puzzled by the inaction:
Most of them have. I think it's interesting that we didn't go after anyone else. Seems like we would have left a spot open, but maybe not. These teams are really fluid throughout the year.

I think it's to early to give up on any new signings but I'd be very surprised if something doesn't shake out pretty soon. I can't remember us not grabbing some cuts from another team. Although I think the only position we would be interested in is the O-line and I'm not sure anything is out there. There have been lots of O-line injuries this year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:

I think it's to early to give up on any new signings but I'd be very surprised if something doesn't shake out pretty soon. I can't remember us not grabbing some cuts from another team. Although I think the only position we would be interested in is the O-line and I'm not sure anything is out there. There have been lots of O-line injuries this year.
Oh, I haven't given up. I hope that we do, but I wouldn't like to think that we would offer up spots to just dump a guy a day later.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
albefree69 said:

Oh, I haven't given up. I hope that we do, but I wouldn't like to think that we would offer up spots to just dump a guy a day later.

Remember, for the first time in a while, we don't have first rights on the waiver wire. As opposed to last year, when we had the #2 spot when putting in a claim, we are in the middle of the pack this year.

I am sure that will have something to do with us not getting a few of the players they may be interested in adding.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Good point CoachO
Maybe the UDFAS we put on the PS are the best 8. :sure:
That could be why we kept all those marginal O-line players, because we were sure there wouldn't be anything better out there.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
Good point CoachO
Maybe the UDFAS we put on the PS are the best 8. :sure:
That could be why we kept all those marginal O-line players, because we were sure there wouldn't be anything better out there.

Since there were only 45 players claimed off waivers, any additional players who cleared waivers are now Free Agents, and they will have to be signed accordingly. So it just depends on which ones they want, and if they want to get into a bidding war (if that applies). My guess would be NO, given the cap situation.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
It will be interesting to see what they do but frankly, there are guys on our PS I don't want them to replace.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
It will be interesting to see what they do but frankly, there are guys on our PS I don't want them to replace.

I think at this point, they are looking to upgrade the 53, not worry about adding to the PS.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
CoachO said:
albefree69 said:

I think at this point, they are looking to upgrade the 53, not worry about adding to the PS.

Of course that is the only thing that makes sense and I think the Rams are starting to arrive at the place where if a player wasn't good enough to land on another team's practice squad, they probably were not good enough to land on the Rams. So that only leaves signing a player from another team's practice squad to the 53 and cutting someone else.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The team could also be waiting for some players to clear waivers who currently have contracts that call for them to receive far more than the vet minimum.

By not being as desperate as they were last year, they could bring a guy in, work him out, and give him a physical prior to releasing another player.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As to the squad itself I just don't understand why Emory Blake? He's neither big nor fast does not return punts or kick offs did not show much on special teams and dropped a few passes. I'd reather have someone else. Glad they were able to Mason Brodine shocked he was not claimed.

IMO maybe they will add a QB and then release Blake or Sammy Brown not to sure why they keep Brown who could not get on the field during pre-season.

jap

Legend
Remember isaiah returns after Week One and Jo-Lonn will be back after Week Four. A couple of these guys are just marking time until they get back.