Rams Post Round 1 Draft Show ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I turned this off after Demarco was asked which of last years class impressed him the past season. He quickly said, Derion Kendrick.

Tano

Legend
I turned this off after Demarco was asked which of last years class impressed him the past season. He quickly said, Derion Kendrick.
And he got benched after Durant showed some skills

Why do people say Kendrick is any good when he gets benched?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Demarco was there a lot in camp when Kendrick did some good things. He ended up getting exposed because they played him outside the hash but that's not his fault. The dude has a fucking 4.8 time in the 40.

So this next season if Kendrick is going to help us it will be where he was projected to play, which is in the slot. Ramsey being moved clears that out to a large extent, as we won't have a corner travelling now.

Durant will lock down one side. So who's the other. And if they go get a slot guy then it means Kendrick will end up languishing on the depth chart. I am a bit worried they draft Cam Smith, as I just don't care for his film (his reputation is that he's a stout tackler but I see a guy who creatively avoids contact), but maybe I have not watched enough of him because Steve Smith loves him.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxphhuN6Woo

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Demarco was there a lot in camp when Kendrick did some good things. He ended up getting exposed because they played him outside the hash but that's not his fault. The dude has a fucking 4.8 time in the 40.

So this next season if Kendrick is going to help us it will be where he was projected to play, which is in the slot. Ramsey being moved clears that out to a large extent, as we won't have a corner travelling now.

Durant will lock down one side. So who's the other. And if they go get a slot guy then it means Kendrick will end up languishing on the depth chart. I am a bit worried they draft Cam Smith, as I just don't care for his film (his reputation is that he's a stout tackler but I see a guy who creatively avoids contact), but maybe I have not watched enough of him because Steve Smith loves him.

I like Cam Smith.

Nobody is mentioning Mingo to the Rams. Is that because he’s a slot only type? McVay could use him like Shanahan uses Dweebo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Cam Smith.

Nobody is mentioning Mingo to the Rams. Is that because he’s a slot only type? McVay could use him like Shanahan uses Dweebo.
I've always liked Mingo. But I don't think he stacks up well vs some of these other guys like Hyatt.

Tano

Legend

Although he will do a lot better in the slot, he is still too slow to be a very good slot CB

He will need help from safeties on over the top plays where the slot receiver goes deep.

oldnotdead

Legend
2nd Rd Edge Foskey
3rd Rd QB McKee
CB
5th Rd ILB
RB
PK
6th Rd P
WR
TE
7th Rd OL
LB

I wouldn't be unhappy with Levis at 36. But I think Foskey would contribute more immediately and McKee has a higher ceiling. I think Haener goes undrafted and gets signed on the PS because he will be needed once Stafford leaves.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Although he will do a lot better in the slot, he is still too slow to be a very good slot CB
Nobody expects the guy to be a star. He's limited athletically. But the slot is where you put those guys and if he can be just solid for us things look a lot better.