Rams Post Camp & Preseason Player & Team Projections

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

In mid-June, I offered up my St. Louis Rams pre-training camp team and player predictions. At the time, I suggested that there would likely be adjustments to several projections following the culmination of camp and the exhibition schedule.

As expected, I indeed saw a need to make several alterations to the outlook after witnessing chunks of camp and the entirety of the preseason slate.

With that said, the following are my up-to-date individual and team prognostications. Hope you enjoy the proceeding forecast – one that includes a trip back to the postseason for the first time since the 2004 campaign.

Offensive Predictions

MVP:

Then: Sam Bradford

Now: Sam Bradford Next best bets: Daryl Richardson/Jared Cook/Chris Givens

Top Pro Bowl Candidates:

Then: Jake Long; Sam Bradford; Jared Cook

Now: Jake Long, Sam Bradford, Jared Cook and Chris Givens

Top Breakout Candidate (returning players only):

(Hope each of you enjoy much, more of the offensive/defensive and team projections via the full piece below. As you will see, there have been a lot of changes to the pre-camp & preseason predictions after evaluating camp and the exhibition slate):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/03/rams-team-player-predictions-post-preseason-camp-edition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/03/ram ... p-edition/</a>

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Hey Shane, that link isn't any good. It leads you to a page entitled:
Ramos, Gonzalez lead Nats past Phils, 9-6
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Still clinging to postseason hopes, the Washington Nationals will take every win they can get.

Wilson Ramos hit a three-run homer and Corey Brown also went deep to back Gio Gonzalez, helping the Nationals beat the Philadelphia Phillies 9-6 Tuesday night.

The Nationals remained 7

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
ShaneG said:
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

In mid-June, I offered up my St. Louis Rams pre-training camp team and player predictions. At the time, I suggested that there would likely be adjustments to several projections following the culmination of camp and the exhibition schedule.

As expected, I indeed saw a need to make several alterations to the outlook after witnessing chunks of camp and the entirety of the preseason slate.

With that said, the following are my up-to-date individual and team prognostications. Hope you enjoy the proceeding forecast – one that includes a trip back to the postseason for the first time since the 2004 campaign.

Offensive Predictions

MVP:

Then: Sam Bradford

Now: Sam Bradford Next best bets: Daryl Richardson/Jared Cook/Chris Givens

Top Pro Bowl Candidates:

Then: Jake Long; Sam Bradford; Jared Cook

Now: Jake Long, Sam Bradford, Jared Cook and Chris Givens

Top Breakout Candidate (returning players only):

(Hope each of you enjoy much, more of the offensive/defensive and team projections via the full piece below. As you will see, there have been a lot of changes to the pre-camp & preseason predictions after evaluating camp and the exhibition slate):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/03/ram" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/03/ram</a> ... p-edition/
Wrong link Shane.

jedi-mind-trick.jpg

This is the link you are looking for:
http://www.101sports.com/2013/09/03/rams-team-player-predictions-post-preseason-camp-edition/

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
Hey Shane, that link isn't any good. It leads you to a page entitled:
Ramos, Gonzalez lead Nats past Phils, 9-6
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Still clinging to postseason hopes, the Washington Nationals will take every win they can get.

Wilson Ramos hit a three-run homer and Corey Brown also went deep to back Gio Gonzalez, helping the Nationals beat the Philadelphia Phillies 9-6 Tuesday night.

The Nationals remained 7

That's weird. Thanks for letting me know. It should be working now. My apologies.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Shane with his predictions:
Offensive Predictions

Top Pro Bowl Candidates:

Mine: Tavon Austin as a PR

Defensive Predictions

Most highlight reel hits: Ray Ray Armstrong

Key Question:

Mine: Will the middle (LBs & Safeties) of the defense hold up well enough to allow the defense to be a premier unit?

Good stuff Shane. You seem to have left Special team players out of your predictions. I added Tavon for Pro Bowl consideration but Legatron and Hekker have shots too. The rest of this is where I differ from you but yours all sound viable too.

I especially liked your "Most opponents’ ankles annihilated" prediction. :lol:

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
Shane with his predictions:
Offensive Predictions

Top Pro Bowl Candidates:

Mine: Tavon Austin as a PR

Defensive Predictions

Most highlight reel hits: Ray Ray Armstrong

Key Question:

Mine: Will the middle (LBs & Safeties) of the defense hold up well enough to allow the defense to be a premier unit?

Good stuff Shane. You seem to have left Special team players out of your predictions. I added Tavon for Pro Bowl consideration but Legatron and Hekker have shots too. The rest of this is where I differ from you but yours all sound viable too.

I especially liked your "Most opponents’ ankles annihilated" prediction. :lol:

Great pickup there on the Tavon Austin special teams pro bowl consideration. I decided to just stick to offense and defense as their weren't many options there (one for top kicker, top punter, top punt returner).

fearsomefour

Legend
How could the Rams have any player make the Pro-Bowl....heck, accourding to NFL Network they dont even have one of the top 100 players in the league.
This (the "ESPNing" hype b.s. reporting....not Shane) is why the sports press is mostly useless and things like the Pro Bowl and the All Star Game have become a joke and meaningless.